Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:57:00  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical?
Biased judgment is biased, that's isn't always true, I don't drink or get high on other drugs, but thankfully I've only been in 1 accident my whole life with a Chinese guy who had a like Toyota 95 truck and I smashed my Acura behind his truck but nothing happened to his truck but my car got clobbered with a $12k fix job, but he let me go and I claimed it as a hit and run... heh... but that's off topic, weed is okay cuz I just smoked some good lol.
situational is situational.
probability>your situation.
would you have rear ended that guy if you weren't high?
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
@haseyo: you ever gotten into a collision with another car with someone who's high in it?
if you get in a wreck, and the other person is high, there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical?
you afraid of getting struck by lightning too?

Wait, what? lol
Why wouldn't I be afraid of being struck by lightning? A guy around my area was struck by it last week and died.
With that logic, why get insurance on anything? It hasn't happened yet, so why bother worry about it, right?

Marijuana effects sight and judgment, right?
And actually yes, my friend hit a tree not too long ago while high because she didn't process the fact that it was in her face. She was going straight at like 20mph. Only had weed.
The probability of getting struck by lightning is slim, therefore it is an illogical fear to fear something all the time when...it doesn't happen all the time.
took me out of context there, unless you think the lightning is out to get you..can't help you there.

Girl driver got in a car wreck while on weed?
don't even want to approach that because I will get a lot of people calling me sexist.
[+]
 Ramuh.Nesya
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 17:57:36  
Bismarck.Demented said:
Yes, legalize Marijuana, please. I would thoroughly enjoy sitting back and watching evolution take it's course.
lol thats a huge time investment there, unless you found some way of speeding up the process of natural selection a billion times?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:58:06  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
It seems similar to why people don't want gay marriage legalized, religious or moral standpoints, nothing is actually harmful about it.

The only reason aside from what I stated above I can think of, is the tobacco companies don't want to take up weed since a lot of people will just grow their own if it's legal. They 'assume' it won't make them as much money imo so they prefer to keep it illegal and not worry about crashing their cigarette market for a risky change.

Personally I think the weed market will make more than tobacco and people will buy it instead of grow it, but maybe they have opposing thoughts, I really can't say tbh, it's all speculation.
Good observation. I think it's also important to note, however, that it's just as easy to make alcohol in your back yard. (Moonshine!) Yet it's not a rampant problem anymore, because it's just easier to buy it legally.

I imagine marijuana will be much the same.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:58:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Keep in mind that none of these laws are suggesting we completely remove government control of pot. The California decriminalization proposition is just to place it under existing smoking and alcohol laws.

Basically, the production is regulated and taxed. The distribution is managed. No use or sales to minors. No smoking pot where you otherwise couldn't smoke tobacco or drink in public. And no driving under the influence.

As long as it's basically treated like alcohol, I don't see the issue.
I just don't support drug use in general, but if that's what gets ya off, so be it. Just don't let it effect me >.>;

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:02:06  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I rear ended him cuz I was flipping the radio and not looking forward when the light turned red 8X but I'm a very good driver, I'll say the driving under the influence is a correct law.
This whole discussion about the driving thing was a bit beside the point anyway, contrary to the real point.
I think DUI laws are a-okay.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 18:05:19  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
It seems similar to why people don't want gay marriage legalized, religious or moral standpoints, nothing is actually harmful about it.

The only reason aside from what I stated above I can think of, is the tobacco companies don't want to take up weed since a lot of people will just grow their own if it's legal. They 'assume' it won't make them as much money imo so they prefer to keep it illegal and not worry about crashing their cigarette market for a risky change.

Personally I think the weed market will make more than tobacco and people will buy it instead of grow it, but maybe they have opposing thoughts, I really can't say tbh, it's all speculation.
Good observation. I think it's also important to note, however, that it's just as easy to make alcohol in your back yard. (Moonshine!) Yet it's not a rampant problem anymore, because it's just easier to buy it legally.

I imagine marijuana will be much the same.

That is true, I was just considering the amount of true hardcore hippies that would want their own pure breed of weed instead of the company manufactured, and most likely chemically altered stuff.

I believe this will be nothing but profit and good things for everybody, but I assume so based off speculation, somehow the tobacco companies or government MUST see it differently, it's the only way I can possibly rationalize how they want to keep it illegal.

Even then, I still can't think of how they come up with those rational conclusions I can't even think of. X_x
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 18:08:28  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I rear ended him cuz I was flipping the radio and not looking forward when the light turned red 8X but I'm a very good driver, I'll say the driving under the influence is a correct law.
Did you see that one effin science where they showed that texting lowered your reaction time more being legally drunk. Well think it was barely but still
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 18:08:59  
The only reason I brought up the fact that we don't know why the government hasn't legalized it yet is the fact that we don't know what to refute.

I bet the government agrees with all this ***, but until we know the real reason behind it, we can't argue. Maybe they're hiding it for that very reason.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 18:11:19  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The only reason I brought up the fact that we don't know why the government hasn't legalized it yet is the fact that we don't know what to refute.

I bet the government agrees with all this ***, but until we know the real reason behind it, we can't argue. Maybe they're hiding it for that very reason.

This confuses me. Are you insinuating that it's ok for them to hide anything from us? Cause if so I've got my hand ready for a major *** facepalm.

I do agree that we don't know why it's illegal other than speculation, but I have to ask the above question. I really hope you aren't THAT pro-government. >_>

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:16:11  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Amsterdam's weed shops sell weed so cheap it's ridiculous, they got some ***over there called amnesia, with one hit you don't want no more cuz your super high already (cuz and bro story). Buying it legally would be much more ideal cuz the price will just keep going down until it settles.
it's probably laced with something, possibly melatonin or opium(but that's hinged on the ROA because opium can only be vaporized, "smoking" it is a common misconception)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 18:17:58  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

This confuses me. Are you insinuating that it's ok for them to hide anything from us? Cause if so I've got my hand ready for a major *** facepalm.

I do agree that we don't know why it's illegal other than speculation, but I have to ask the above question. I really hope you aren't THAT pro-government. >_>

No no, I don't think it's good at all, lol. I'm not pro-government, but I'm also not all "*** THE MAN!" I look at things from both sides, that's all. I think they aren't telling us for that reason alone.

Again, as long as it would be controlled just like alcohol (if you even consider that to be controlled), then I don't mind it. People will continue to smoke regardless.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:22:08  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

No no, I don't think it's good at all, lol. I'm not pro-government, but I'm also not all "*** THE MAN!" I look at things from both sides, that's all. I think they aren't telling us for that reason alone.

Again, as long as it would be controlled just like alcohol (if you even consider that to be controlled), then I don't mind it. People will continue to smoke regardless.
This I can actually agree with.
:D
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 18:27:00  
I just can't think of what the reason would be, or see a reason being so bad or detrimental to us, that the mere words being spoken would incite riots and such. It feels wrong to keep something like that from your people, maybe that's just me though.

I am curious for sure though. I don't even care if it's legalized I'm just looking at it logically and don't see why it shouldn't. Just the fact that there's know known reason why is gay.
 Cerberus.Ethics
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-08-05 18:30:55  
the government should protect our rights, and i should be able to put whatever the *** i want in my body as long as it's not harming anyone else.

not to mention all the wasted money and crime due to the drugs being illegal.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:31:53  
I just can't think of what the reason would be, or see a reason being so bad or detrimental to us, that the mere words being spoken would incite riots and such. It feels wrong to keep something like that from your people, maybe that's just me though.

I am curious for sure though. I don't even care if it's legalized I'm just looking at it logically and don't see why it shouldn't. Just the fact that there's know known reason why is gay.
It most likely isn't a singular reason.
a good chunk of it can be put towards the fact that we live in a country that takes forever to pass anything legislative-wise, so i'd have to say it has something to do with that.
it would cut a lot of money off for the prison system, which would cut money off for the services that are provided for the prison system(food/clothes/other) therefore taking a bit of a dent to the economy IMO.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 18:36:24  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

a good chunk of it can be put towards the fact that we live in a country that takes forever to pass anything legislative-wise, so i'd have to say it has something to do with that.
it would cut a lot of money off for the prison system, which would cut money off for the services that are provided for the prison system(food/clothes/other) therefore taking a bit of a dent to the economy IMO.

I thought it cost more to maintain the prisons than was made from them, not all of them make license plates and do hard labor ect. Maybe I was wrong though.

We are starting to run out of room though in prisons, regardless of how much money they make. Cutting lose the low-end weed offenders and making it legal seems like it would do more good than harm but once again, I think differently than the government apparently.

Do you know how much an average prison makes from each prisoner and how much is spent to maintain them? I'm curious.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:40:50  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I thought it cost more to maintain the prisons than was made from them, not all of them make license plates and do hard labor ect. Maybe I was wrong though.

We are starting to run out of room though in prisons, regardless of how much money they make. Cutting lose the low-end weed offenders and making it legal seems like it would do more good than harm but once again, I think differently than the government apparently.

Do you know how much an average prison makes from each prisoner and how much is spent to maintain them? I'm curious.
if they reduce the prison population, that reduces how much the prison produces and also reduces how much they need from the distributors meaning that the distributors are getting less money for it.
lets say there is a prison that has 20,000 weed offenders and i'll make a random number of 7,000 other random offenses.(this is by far not a realistic figure, i'm just making it as an example)
these weed offenders if taken out of the prison sentence would remove 20k worth of food/products..etc
i watch a lot of discovery and nat geo lol, not that i didn't have a good idea about it already, it just makes the concepts fresh in my mind.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-08-05 18:44:12  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

if they reduce the prison population, that reduces how much the prison produces and also reduces how much they need from the distributors meaning that the distributors are getting less money for it.
lets say there is a prison that has 20,000 weed offenders and i'll make a random number of 7,000 other random offenses.
these weed offenders if taken out of the prison sentence would remove 20k worth of food/products..etc

That's like pissing in a lake compared to the amount the government could make if they legalized and taxed it. As it's been pointed out before, placing a heavy tax similar to the one on cigs would prove highly profitable.

And people aren't going to stop smoking cigs just to smoke weed, the two are totally different from one another. Totally different effects on a totally different level. Not to mention nicotine is a wee bit addictive.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 18:45:01  
I thought they had limited space to make the products though and not every single person in the prison had a work shift. I thought if the weed offenders were taken out which is prolly less than 10% it wouldn't impact it much, other people in there would just get much work.

Explain it if you can or link me somewhere to go read lol. I don't understand fully how the prisons work, I'm just assuming.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-08-05 18:46:46  
Who cares what California voters want when California judges can just overturn them? It'd be delicious irony to see marijuana legalized only to have some judge tell them uh-uh.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:48:21  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

lets say there is a prison that has 20,000 weed offenders and i'll make a random number of 7,000 other random offenses.

That's like pissing in a lake compared to the amount the government could make if they legalized and taxed it. As it's been pointed out before, placing a heavy tax similar to the one on cigs would prove highly profitable.

And people aren't going to stop smoking cigs just to smoke weed, the two are totally different from one another. Totally different effects on a totally different level. Not to mention nicotine is a wee bit addictive.
that's why I said it's a multi-faceted reason, and not this alone :/

this could just be one factor out of many.
they make more money out of the court costs out of anything really :/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-08-05 18:48:34  
I thought they had limited space to make the products though and not every single person in the prison had a work shift. I thought if the weed offenders were taken out which is prolly less than 10% it wouldn't impact it much, other people in there would just get much work.

Explain it if you can or link me somewhere to go read lol. I don't understand fully how the prisons work, I'm just assuming.

This is pretty much the case, not to mention what he's talking about is the distributor, which while business contributes to economic growth it isn't early the amount that someone who is apart of society will be be promoting economic growth. Granted, not everyone in for those offenses will be a fully functioning member of society if released.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-08-05 18:50:37  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Idk about that really. Most of the "lowbie" let's call them, offenders don't get any kind of legal representation, not even a public defender (which isnt free anymore lulz). Most court fees are only about 250 dollars (not counting public defenders or any fines, just the court fees).

Edit: Then again, that's collected from EVERYONE who has to go to court, not just those convicted, so I retract my statement.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:51:19  

I'm not talking about the products they produce, but the distributors that provide food services, and other utilities and what not.
just like they have their private organizations provide food for schools and what not.
just the concept of lets say 10% as you said of the prison population is released on weed charges, you wouldn't have any them repopulating the prisons and throwing more money in anymore.
repeat offenders ftw.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 18:52:11  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Idk about that really. Most of the "lowbie" let's call them, offenders don't get any kind of legal representation, not even a public defender (which isnt free anymore lulz). Most court fees are only about 250 dollars (not counting public defenders or any fines, just the court fees).
i got charged 350+ for a hit and run and a dude that got a DUI there got off on like 250.
makes me rage every time.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-08-05 18:56:45  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

i got charged 350+ for a hit and run and a dude that got a DUI there got off on like 250.
makes me rage every time.

Wtf? I got $1,800 the court fees of $250 probation for a year license revoked for a year and 50 hours community service. Now IM raging over this ***lol
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19