CA: Marijuana legalization
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Unicorn.Marrs
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:05:48  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hey if you want to ignore all testing because you don't want to believe it and start with misquoted said sources and when that didn't work didn't like the fact most of them were teenagers that's up to you too.

Cause that completely discounts them. Or the fact that one study went to 24 or another went to 65

I never saw one that went to 65, the one with 24 year olds was 14-24, so you still have the underdeveloped brains in the testing pool, meaning your still going to get your results. Another one was self reports from 1960, thats sketchy in comparison to all we can do now. There are also arguments against this you know? Have you read those?

Again, this law is 21+, so yes, I am going to ignore the teenagers. Sorry.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 17:06:17  
Marrs somewhere a few pages back you went from being peaceful to just getting verbally violent. Getting angry at people doesn't help the cause or discussion in this case. Weed smokers want to be considered calm people and make it seem like a rational choice to make pot legal, not verbally outburst every time someone disagrees. Everyone here except 1 person, not counting the trolls is pro-pot, and yourself wanted a 2 way discussion. You are gonna end up running davsa off.

Threads basically done at this point, most people here agreed it should be legal, not many will argue otherwise so there isn't a discussion to be had.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:07:24  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Most things drugs/products are for people... we should completely ignore animal testing. And again you are throwing out good results with supposed bad
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-05 17:09:25  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I disagree with your study merely because it is probably biased and however they did the testing or whoever did it on because it isn't me

Yah, quite honestly the reason I quit myself was because of that lethargic feeling one gets from all the THC building up in the body. It really does make (most people, not all for sure) apathetic after long-term use.

While some people regard that feeling as "laid back and easy going", I personally didn't like it at all.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:09:37  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Marrs somewhere a few pages back you went from being peaceful to just getting verbally violent. Getting angry at people doesn't help the cause or discussion in this case. Weed smokers want to be considered calm people and make it seem like a rational choice to make pot legal, not verbally outburst every time someone disagrees. Everyone here except 1 person, not counting the trolls is pro-pot, and yourself wanted a 2 way discussion. You are gonna end up running davsa off.

Threads basically done at this point, most people here agreed it should be legal, not many will argue otherwise so there isn't a discussion to be had.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Most things drugs/products are for people... we should completely ignore animal testing. And again you are throwing out good results with supposed bad

Your testing is about brains, I think anyone and everyone can agree a brain still developing shouldn't use drugs, and testing brains that are still developing is nowhere near analogous to testing animals, especially when what your testing for refers to the brain (psychosis). Cmon guy...You're really clawing here. Or are you arguing kids are like animals in reference to testing for psychosis in adults or? Seriously, what are you doing?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:10:07  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
You can still legally buy papaver somniferum(opium poppy) in the united states as I have before :D

they kept it legal because old ladies think the flowers look pretty.
kind of on the same fringe line that something called "spice" is and how "salvia" was.
illegal for consumption on the package. lol

I think, personally, (although I can't prove this) spice definitely *** with your brain. I tried it for a week and had noticeable effects that slowly built up over that times use. Whether or not those effects could be permanent (in a slight way) I dunno, as I did go back to normal a few days after stopping. This again was a very slight thing I noticed. A few too many day dreams.
Spice essentially is just spices doused with a cannibinoid spray.
here's the wiki for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

it's a full on agonist rather than a partial agonist like weed, meaning that it's stronger than weed but can have more of an adverse negative effect.
you can have seizures from it for example, that's because of it being a full agonist and fully taking down certain receptors and all that.
but i'd rather not get too technical about it because i don't know much past that.

edit: I have tried a different incarnation of it called "k2", we ended up just rolling it with actual weed for flavor purposes, the blueberry k2 was *** delish.
i think economically it's not a good idea to be smoking a lot of it just because it costs a lot more than weed, but physiologically as long as you don't over do it it won't be any worse than weed, i would like to get a hold of the actual chemical though.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:11:56  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
You can still legally buy papaver somniferum(opium poppy) in the united states as I have before :D

kind of on the same fringe line that something called "spice" is and how "salvia" was.

I think, personally, (although I can't prove this) spice definitely *** with your brain. I tried it for a week and had noticeable effects that slowly built up over that times use. Whether or not those effects could be permanent (in a slight way) I dunno, as I did go back to normal a few days after stopping. This again was a very slight thing I noticed. A few too many day dreams.

it's a full on agonist rather than a partial agonist like weed, meaning that it's stronger than weed but can have more of an adverse negative effect.
you can have seizures from it for example, that's because of it being a full agonist and fully taking down certain receptors and all that.
but i'd rather not get too technical about it because i don't know much past that.

Hmm, but I, like, really, got into earth wind and fire.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:12:34  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Hmm, but I, like, really, got into earth wind and fire.
i ninja edited my last post btw, ew&f is the ***man.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:15:36  
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:16:16  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Your testing is about brains, I think anyone and everyone can agree a brain still developing shouldn't use drugs, and testing brains that are still developing is nowhere near analogous to testing animals, especially when what your testing for refers to the brain (psychosis). Cmon guy...You're really clawing here. Or are you arguing kids are like animals in reference to testing for psychosis in adults or? Seriously, what are you doing?
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them.

That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells. Which why we do testing on animals and other groups of people
 Ramuh.Nesya
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 17:17:17  
the fact is people should have a choice. its only when peoples actions affect others in a negative way action needs to be taken. right now im sitting here smoking a joint, fishing on the boat, browsing forums and generally just relaxing ^^ i am the best advertisement for legalising weed i can think of.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:19:37  
Ramuh.Nesya said:
the fact is people should have a choice. its only when peoples actions affect others in a negative way action needs to be taken. right now im sitting here smoking a joint, fishing on the boat, browsing forums and generally just relaxing ^^ i am the best advertisement for legalising weed i can think of.
are you really on a boat?
because I am envious, is this on a phone or an actual computer.
i would like to tell you that i am envious once again.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:20:16  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them.

That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells

Simply because the test involved people 24 that doesn't mean it implies them, if I test people 1-65 for alzheimers and 5% of them have it, can I say infants have alzheimers? Even the test say "adolscents". The law will be 21+, if you have a good significant source, or maybe I missed the part in the test where they seperated the age groups....? Then we can go from there.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:21:04  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them. That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells
Simply because the test involved people 24 that doesn't mean it implies them, if I test people 1-65 for alzheimers and 5% of them have it, can I say infants have alzheimers? Even the test say "adolscents". The law will be 21+, if you have a good significant source, or maybe I missed the part in the test where they seperated the age groups....? Then we can go from there.
Why should I bother? You are just looking for excuses to discount it
 Ramuh.Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 17:22:10  
@vinw you have every right to be jealous ^^ infact you being jealous has made me all the more relaxed :P
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:22:32  
i think yer both arguing moot points but that's just me....
@nesya i am happy you actually spelled my username out but with a double-u, i think that is awesome.
make sure you light one up for me.
I get off work in about an hour and a half and I'll be doing the same but in my A/C lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:25:36  
Alcohol already causes enough trouble. We don't need more legal trouble.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:26:30  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
How many people are in jail on weed charges?
your point is silly.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:26:37  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them. That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells

If my "excuse" is because the testing involved brains that were still in development for a thing that effects that very brain's status, and thats your argument against me (thats an "excuse" of me), good, I'm satisfied with what onlookers will see here.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:29:05  
Aspirin is chemically more toxic/damaging that LSD, did ya'll know that...sorry I can't argue the whole study thing with weed because cannabis isn't my absolute strong suit.
Now i can talk about lsd all day.
[+]
 Ramuh.Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 17:29:17  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
alcohol and weed have completely different effects, its impossible to really do anything that would cause trouble when your high, everything is just too darn peachy ^^
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:30:10  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The point is that alcohol would cause a lot more trouble if it were illegal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:30:30  
Ramuh.Nesya said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
alcohol and weed have completely different effects, its impossible to really do anything that would cause trouble when your high, everything is just too darn peachy ^^
unless you are one of those not too bright one that decides to consume many substances and get behind the wheel of a car.
now getting behind the wheel when I'm high...don't really see much danger than that because I usually don't drive really fast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:30:32  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
your point is silly.

I don't care enough to check that stuff.

I already hate hanging out with people when they're high (nobody walks around drunk here - it's just foolish). If it was legal, I don't think I'd ever leave my house.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:31:37  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
your point is silly.

I already hate hanging out with people when they're high (nobody walks around drunk here - it's just foolish). If it was legal, I don't think I'd ever leave my house.
because you would be blazed all the time or what?
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:31:49  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Aspirin is chemically more toxic/damaging that LSD, did ya'll know that...sorry I can't argue the whole study thing with weed because cannabis isn't my absolute strong suit.
Now i can talk about lsd all day.

Aspirin kills about 500-1000 people a year I believe.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:32:18  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Isn't the issue that the government wouldn't be able to control the marijuana market or something, so people would still obtain weed off the streets to get it cheaper?
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:32:38  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
your point is silly.

Like I said, people just pretend like if its legal, its going to be like the wild wild west, there wont be laws against doing it in public (there already are in the prop) etc...sigh...
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:33:24  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Isn't the issue that the government wouldn't be able to control the marijuana market or something, so people would still obtain weed off the streets to get it cheaper?

Or grow it. Why does this matter at all?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:35:05  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
If my "excuse" is because the testing involved brains that were still in development for a thing that effects that very brain's status, and thats your argument against me (thats an "excuse" of me), good, I'm satisfied with what onlookers will see here.
If your only argument besides the earlier misquoting is because some of the people are at the youngest 14 I'm satistfied too
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19