Zombie Flicks/Books
First Page 2
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-08-09 22:51:25  
Looking for something new with zombies.

What I have seen already... To kaku, evil dead's, RE, ____ of the deads... automaton transfusion, the plague, 28___'s later, and the crazies (which sadly was not zombies really at all), also Flight of the Living Dead: Zombies on a Plane or some crap like that.

I have read WWZ, Brian Keese's The Rising and City of the Dead (aka best 5 bucks worth of TP I ever bought). The RE movie books, the RE game spinoff books, and the new dead. I looked at P&P&Z and was not impressed at all.

I was told that Cell by Stephen King has something to do with zombies but this came from my alcoholic stoner loser uncle so I dunno...

Anyone have any suggestions?
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-09 23:02:05  
As mentioned in that "Zombie Thread", Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" is a fantastic zombie film. Also, in the same vein, "Shaun of the Dead" was great, also.
 Alexander.Leostrife
サーバ: Alexander
user: Leostrife
By Alexander.Leostrife 2010-08-09 23:06:16  
I recently got into The Walking Dead comic, it's up to issue #75 and it's getting a TV series soon. I know it's not a flick/book but felt it's worth mentioning. Definitely takes a few pages from George Romero's works.

Here's a motion comic of it:

Caitsith.Damiyen
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Damiyen
By Caitsith.Damiyen 2010-08-09 23:10:19  
The world needs another 28___ Later. (my votes for 28 hours later)

the only thing ive found worth watching was Fido. Its zombie-comedy but its pretty damn funny.

Everything else to me doesnt come close to the horrer of fast zombies.

American Zombie isnt that bad either but its a different take on a zombie film. Interesting nonetheless but not scary.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
サーバ: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-08-09 23:12:29  
Have you checked out Sectum's ongoing story based in Vana'diel? It has a zombie feel to it.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Aim for the Head

A Thousand Shades of Blue

On A Pale Chocobo

*edit
Most of the story in a download-able .pdf
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-09 23:20:05  
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:21:06  
Zombieland, Zombie Strippers!, and flight of the living dead are interesting
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-09 23:27:49  
Xombies Apocalypse Blues was a decent book:

but highly disturbing in several places, so be prepared. :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:28:13  
Disturbing in what way?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-09 23:34:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Disturbing in what way?

If I tell you, it might ruin it. Don't read passed here if you might read the book, spoiler alert!!!

Ok so, in the book there's a virus that makes all women who've had their period become zombies, so basically all women of childbearing age. The main character is a teen girl who has a medical problem and can't have her monthly, so she doesn't get infected with the rest of the women. Since there's no women, the surviving men take teenage boys and dress them in gowns and makeup to be their 'wives,' for one example of a very disturbing part. More disturbances include when they come upon people who aren't infected and some of their group tries to go to the new people, they are all gunned down out of fear. Some scientists take the main char's dad and intentionally turn him into a zombie in order to make the man character help them. Also, mega spoiler-- at the end, the main character realizes that her condition was nothing more than malnutrition. After she eats enough, she gets her monthly and becomes a zombie. Which is crazy because it's the only book I've ever read where you can see part of it from a zombie's point of view. Since it's in 1st person and she herself becomes a zombie, the end seriously happens from a zombie's perspective.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:36:56  
Sounds about normal for the situation... AND FRIGGIN AWESOME.

Really though with that lead in I would've expected her getting raped left and right
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-09 23:38:00  
There is an attempted rape on her once. Some other guys come to her rescue and beat the rapists up, then the rapists become zombies too. xD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:39:04  
So how do men get infected then? The normal way?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-09 23:40:48  
Odin.Liela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Disturbing in what way?

If I tell you, it might ruin it. Don't read passed here if you might read the book, spoiler alert!!!

Ok so, in the book there's a virus that makes all women who've had their period become zombies, so basically all women of childbearing age. The main character is a teen girl who has a medical problem and can't have her monthly, so she doesn't get infected with the rest of the women. Since there's no women, the surviving men take teenage boys and dress them in gowns and makeup to be their 'wives,' for one example of a very disturbing part. More disturbances include when they come upon people who aren't infected and some of their group tries to go to the new people, they are all gunned down out of fear. Some scientists take the main char's dad and intentionally turn him into a zombie in order to make the man character help them. Also, mega spoiler-- at the end, the main character realizes that her condition was nothing more than malnutrition. After she eats enough, she gets her monthly and becomes a zombie. Which is crazy because it's the only book I've ever read where you can see part of it from a zombie's point of view. Since it's in 1st person and she herself becomes a zombie, the end seriously happens from a zombie's perspective.

There's a whole movie out there that's from the zombies perspective.. If you can get passed the fact that it's not your typical survival/gore-based zombie movie, it's pretty decent.. Been awhile, but IIRC, a good deal of it is just the ***he stumbles into (not literally, like he's with a bunch of other zombies when they walk upon a group of survivors, and they start attacking the zombies) but also some of it does show shortly before he became infected, in flashbacks I think.. I'll see if I can find the name of it (it was made in the UK I think, it's definitely not an American film.)

Edit: Found it, it's called Colin.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-09 23:41:42  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Women kiss the men, the men get infected. Yummy kisses~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:44:14  
Odin.Liela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
taco zombie flavored kisses. I knew girls have cooties and thats why you shouldn't kiss them. Just da sex!

Who would kiss a zombie anyways? I know you want to eat my flesh but heres a kissy?
 Cerberus.Mander
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mander
By Cerberus.Mander 2010-08-09 23:47:12  
Dead Snow! Nazi zombies are ftw
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-09 23:50:29  
Odin.Liela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Disturbing in what way?

there's a virus that makes all women who've had their period become zombies, so basically all women of childbearing age.

So just like rl. do they nag and get angry too?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-09 23:52:30  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Liela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
taco zombie flavored kisses. I knew girls have cooties and thats why you shouldn't kiss them. Just da sex!

Who would kiss a zombie anyways? I know you want to eat my flesh but heres a kissy?

Well, they don't have a lot of choice xD The women kind of tackle them and force kisses. Most of the women got hit at the same time, it wasn't like a long spread-out virus. So when they all turned suddenly, most of them grabbed their husband immediately for the kiss. Poor fellas!

Edit: why am I telling you all this? Go read the book! ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:54:34  
My Boyfriend's Back, Planet Terror, Quarantine and 2 whenever it comes out and to go with that the movies they are based on Rec and Rec 2 and probably the 3rd and 4th ones that are scheduled lol, Shaun of the Dead, and it looks like they might make World War Z into a movie too but the book is awesome.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-09 23:56:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
My Boyfriend's Back, Planet Terror, Quarantine and 2 whenever it comes out and to go with that the movies they are based on Rec and Rec 2 and probably the 3rd and 4th ones that are scheduled lol, Shaun of the Dead, and it looks like they might make World War Z into a movie too but the book is awesome.

Quarantine creeped me the *** out. Now ima have to watch it again, then ima have to sleep in mommy and daddys bed, and its your fault.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-09 23:59:37  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Quarantine creeped me the *** out. Now ima have to watch it again, then ima have to sleep in mommy and daddys bed, and its your fault.
I thought it kinda sucked.. Not because of the way it's filmed, just in general. The way it's filmed doesn't help, but it doesn't make it any worse either..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 00:07:38  
Really? Quarantine is probably the only movie that even came remotely to scary me in a decade. And stays away from most of the stupidity of most scary movies
 Caitsith.Damiyen
By Caitsith.Damiyen 2010-08-10 00:14:01  
Quarentine could have been good if females could act. That chick sucks on dexter too lol. It also had the dialogue about as good as a george lucas movie.

[{Speculation comment]} All the zombie movies that could potentially be good and have come out recently have been in foreign languages.
Ex- Dead Snow, Rec, Rec2 (im sure theres more)

Cerberus.Mander
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mander
By Cerberus.Mander 2010-08-10 00:26:55  
ohh ***it's Frank (´・ω・`) <3 Donnie Darko. I got Frank as one of the wall papers for my phone :3
 Caitsith.Damiyen
By Caitsith.Damiyen 2010-08-10 00:32:49  
I wonder who's realized Seth Rogan(superbad, knocked up, pinapple express) is in that movie
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-10 06:43:08  
Caitsith.Damiyen said:
I wonder who's realized Seth Rogan(superbad, knocked up, pinapple express) is in that movie

He's one of the bullies that gives Donnie ***.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Really? Quarantine is probably the only movie that even came remotely to scary me in a decade. And stays away from most of the stupidity of most scary movies

you seen 28 Days Later and or 28 Weeks Later? 2 of the best zombie flicks made in the past 20 years IMO
Caitsith.Damiyen said:
The world needs another 28___ Later. (my votes for 28 hours later)

the only thing ive found worth watching was Fido. Its zombie-comedy but its pretty damn funny.

Everything else to me doesnt come close to the horrer of fast zombies.

American Zombie isnt that bad either but its a different take on a zombie film. Interesting nonetheless but not scary.

They're making a 3rd movie, 28 Months Later. It's still being written so it's gonna be awhile until it comes out though.
Titan.Lillica said:
Looking for something new with zombies.

What I have seen already... To kaku, evil dead's, RE, ____ of the deads... automaton transfusion, the plague, 28___'s later, and the crazies (which sadly was not zombies really at all), also Flight of the Living Dead: Zombies on a Plane or some crap like that.

I have read WWZ, Brian Keese's The Rising and City of the Dead (aka best 5 bucks worth of TP I ever bought). The RE movie books, the RE game spinoff books, and the new dead. I looked at P&P&Z and was not impressed at all.

I was told that Cell by Stephen King has something to do with zombies but this came from my alcoholic stoner loser uncle so I dunno...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Zombieland, Shaun Of The Dead, Dead Snow, World War Z,

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Settiesama
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2010-08-10 06:50:07  

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2