users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Testing class set up
Testing class set up
 Caitsith.Kugal
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Kugal
By Caitsith.Kugal 2009-01-19 03:11:16  
Im playing around with black mage and i had an idea to sub pup once i take it to 75 so while im nuking my white mage frame could heal me if i take damage from a mob that breaks away from the tank.....any good?
 Bahamut.Rocha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: aaron3126
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-19 04:26:49  
/facepalm
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-19 05:14:18  
/PUP is a good solo option at really low levels for most melee jobs. At higher levels I've only heard of NIN/PUP working very well.

For BLM solo the goal is really just to kill the mob before it kills you. Getting hit and the mob staying alive long enough for the auto to cure you really isn't much of an option. You also have to engage the auto for it to use cures which is a problem if you're sleeping the mob.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 05:28:02  
Rocha said:
/facepalm

Baelorn said:
/PUP is a good solo option at really low levels for most melee jobs. At higher levels I've only heard of NIN/PUP working very well. For BLM solo the goal is really just to kill the mob before it kills you. Getting hit and the mob staying alive long enough for the auto to cure you really isn't much of an option. You also have to engage the auto for it to use cures which is a problem if you're sleeping the mob.

Not only that, but you lose the nice things in life (that is, keeping your life with Stoneskin, Blink, Phalanx or however you spell it, Reraise, added INT, added MP, Gravity, Bindability (no INT, no Bind)).

Not that I'm discouraging you to try it, but after tasting dirt several times, you might realize that the sub won't help much.

But in light of that, I just got to say this....

Rocha said:
/facepalm
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-19 06:52:04  
eh, pup's a "Solo" class as said above its great solo pre-levels, ive gone to lvl 30 so far solo / dou (with bst makeing chain 5 in quf at lvl 26 heh )

but Blm/pup wont really work, pup will be caped at lvl 37. so it will olny have Cure3. its "shock absorvber" would only last 2 hits at most, and i don't think it could take hate off a Fire V or w/e

ive never seen a nin/pup. i might try that. i prefer nin/dnc ^^ might try Dnc/blu hmm :3
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-19 07:59:31  
With NIN/PUP you need to level PUP to whatever level so you can get the WHM turban. I think it was more popular before WotG but it should still work on some things.