No Benefits For Future PS3 Players?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » No Benefits for future PS3 players?
No Benefits for future PS3 players?
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-08-20 14:18:02  
With a March 2011 release date for the PS3 version it looks like players of both FFXI and FFXIV via console(s) will be screwed over in yet another way.

According to SEs page. it says the benefits for FFXI and FFXIV players will only be available till January 2011. What do you think? Will SE re-instate benifits for new FFXIV players on the PS3 release? or will PS3 players suffer yet another hit to there ability to play?
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-20 14:22:41  
You would think they would lol

but who knows with SE

they could also maybe make different benefits for PS3 players

who knows
 Phoenix.Razis
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Razis 2010-08-20 14:22:51  
Don't know how much truth is in it but..

"The FFXIV bonuses described here apply exclusively to the PC version, which is due out on 9/22 or 9/30 depending on if you buy the Collectors or standard editions. For the PS3 version, due in March 2011, Square Enix says it will be making a separate announcement."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/18/ffxiv_ffxi_bonuses/
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 14:23:11  
There will be some sort of benefit system announced in January for PS3. That's probably why the current promotion ends in January 2011.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 14:24:41  
There's no benefits for current PS3 players.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-08-20 14:29:39  
right, that makes alot more sense. hopefuly they give PS3 users some sort of benefit. at the FFXI fee reduction would be nice x.x. i certainly won't play $26 a month to play 2 MMOs. and thats excluding the fees for mules. something to even the playing field with PC players would be nice too, maybe a special exp ring exclusive to PS3 users or something, simple idea at least.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 14:37:27  
It should be stated that the delay in the PS3 release is due to technical issues in creating the game on the console, and not because of any marketing strategy or anything. Still, I wouldn't object to seeing PS3 players get something, even though I foresee a number of PC players making the jump to PS3 (to overcome bad graphics on a less-than-ideal puter). Perhaps they could limit the bonus item to new accounts?

At least Sony is not being asshatted and blocking the game from their console because you don't want to use their overpriced upgrade network.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-08-20 14:56:30  
Yeah, would be nice to see both happen. New accounts during the PS3 release should get some sort of benefits I think. wouldent be fair for PC players to get both ;p. but i know i personally wont be joining ffxiv until the PS3 release, due to the fact that i can't afford making a new PC within a month. thought I would probably be able to do it by the time the PS3 version is released. i prefer playing on consoles anyway.

Wait sony has an overpriced upgrade network? PSN is free lol. or maybe i missed the joke....
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-08-20 15:03:26  
Diabolos.Trangnai said:

Wait sony has an overpriced upgrade network? PSN is free lol. or maybe i missed the joke....

Yeah, Playstation Plus. Not worth it so far, in my opinion. All you get is advanced access to certain demos, and discounts on certain PSN games. Of course, the money you spend on Playstation Plus likely cancels out much of the "savings" on the downloadable games, unless you're a PSN junkie.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 16:57:45  
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
Yeah, Playstation Plus. Not worth it so far, in my opinion. All you get is advanced access to certain demos, and discounts on certain PSN games. Of course, the money you spend on Playstation Plus likely cancels out much of the "savings" on the downloadable games, unless you're a PSN junkie.

Was meant to be a reference to Microsoft cockblocking FF XIV because they wanted to force users to pay for Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft also wanted Xbox only servers. Officially, the negotiations are "on hold".
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-20 17:30:26  
SE wants as many players as they can get for their games so when it is released it would be a huge benefit to add as many reasons to play as possible. There will be special offers for PS3 players but it's not due out for a long time so there isn't much point in advertising for it yet.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-08-21 00:27:03  
Siren.Temeraire said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:

Was meant to be a reference to Microsoft cockblocking FF XIV because they wanted to force users to pay for Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft also wanted Xbox only servers. Officially, the negotiations are "on hold".
I figured that, man, Microshit really is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. because we all want 360 Rimitations to *** up XIV anyway. its a good thing they didnt do it.
that sounds kinda dumb actualy, but at least they dont force it like M$.