users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing question
Fishing question
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-24 09:41:50  
As the title states, this is all questions about fishing.

Little info before I ask questions. My fishing skill is 1(I just got it while fishing my targetted fish) with no gear. I have a hume rod and sabiki rig for this fish(Yellow globe, btw) and have been having some issues.

Now, for questions:

1. Do fish over X(10+?) level randomly get a 'last burst of strength' so to speak? I've seen something like this happen twice, since this fish is way above 5 skill over me, I figure its something like a 'Break' for a synthesis. What I mean by 'last burst of strenght' is have the fishes stamina depleated, and hit x(or enter, or a, or whatever your accept command is, In my case its 2 since its a CPU controler. Anyway) and then it suddenly regains like, 5-15% stamina, hence breaking my line. I've had that happen twice three times.

2. My second main question is does in-game time acually affect fishing? I know moon phase does, But last game day night, around 22:00-2:00 of the next day, my bite rate on yellow globes sky-rocketted. I was catching 1-3 fish every 15mins, and in that time I went from 7 fish to 25 fish. A big jump for me, so I was curious if that was simply just luck, or if there is a select time when certain fish bite more.

Thanks in advance for replies.

PS; I searched and didn't see any posts about this, and didn't see anything.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-24 09:44:56  
I've only heard moon phase affects fishing. If you are getting poor results, try zoning. SE has a few anti RMT cheats in place to prevent fishbotting. Make sure you are above level 10 I think it is otherwise you are limited to 20 fish per day? I can't remember all of the special conditions.

I'd recommend West Ronf. at Knightwell lake fishing moat carps until Lv.10
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 09:46:26  
1. I'm sure you've noticed that fish regain stamina. It depends on the fish, rod, etc. It just comes with experience for when to hit the catch button.

2. I've never noticed anything as far as in game time, only moon phases.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-24 09:46:31  
All fish do that. That's why you wait a second after getting it all the way down so it doesn't go back up.

Depending on rod and such and your skill realling in fish a good 30-40 lvls higher can be done reliably.

Just luck. Wait till you do it for months to look for patterns.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-24 09:53:07  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I've only heard moon phase affects fishing. If you are getting poor results, try zoning. SE has a few anti RMT cheats in place to prevent fishbotting. Make sure you are above level 10 I think it is otherwise you are limited to 20 fish per day? I can't remember all of the special conditions. I'd recommend West Ronf. at Knightwell lake fishing moat carps until Lv.10
Moon phase does. Time of game day doesn't. SE has changed alot of hte anti bot measures. Originally your bite rate started going down to 0 after 45-90 min. Now it's more like your soft fatigue (recast) goes up faster. So if you zone you will find your recast will go back down but not all the way down to what you started that jp day at. But really it's only a couple of seconds so meh.

It's job lvl 20 and it's only 10 fish then.

Moat carp cap at 11 but yeah if you don't rank up it will stop at 10. Like my 2 mules that I got lu shangs on have lol
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-24 09:59:23  
Replying in order.
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I'd recommend West Ronf. at Knightwell lake fishing moat carps until Lv.10

I forgot to mention that I'm only fishing up yellow globes for alchemy skill. I am -NOT- leveling fishing at this time.
Fairy.Spence said:
1. I'm sure you've noticed that fish regain stamina. It depends on the fish, rod, etc. It just comes with experience for when to hit the catch button.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
All fish do that. That's why you wait a second after getting it all the way down so it doesn't go back up.
Just luck. Wait till you do it for months to look for patterns.

Alright. Thanks both, I noticed(and jumped the gun on the third lure, so I lost it.. back to jueno >.<). It was more then likely luck that made them suddenly start bitting more, but I thought I'd ask. Never know what SE will do to any crafting x.x;;
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-24 11:20:15  
I don't mean to burst your bubble but if you're only fishing just to get beyond Poison Dust (11), you should quit now.

Cap on Deodoriser then jump straight to Movalpolos Water (I trust your treasury can cover this?), less headache/wasted time.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-24 11:30:05  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
It's job lvl 20 and it's only 10 fish then.

Moat carp cap at 11 but yeah if you don't rank up it will stop at 10. Like my 2 mules that I got lu shangs on have lol
Right, thanks for the correction :)
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-24 11:37:31  
Moon phase between 40 and 60 percent can suck me.
 Cerberus.Elgato
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-08-24 11:58:47  
Lightningsday is also crap for fishing. Watersday can be okay or it can be like a mild lightningsday. On either you'll notice more items, monsters, and no-catch messages. 40-60% moon on lightningsday is a good time to clean the house, because fishing will be a complete waste of time. There is no time-of-day affect that I've noticed/heard of.

Fishing skill seems to affect bite rate more than your ability to land the fish. So at a skill of 1 fishing Yellow Globes you probably get a lot of monsters, items, and no-catches. At least more than you would with a higher skill.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-24 16:51:02  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Moon phase between 40 and 60 percent can suck me.
Unless you are at rabao!