Bismarck: Abyssea Leeches (FYI)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Bismarck: Abyssea Leeches (FYI)
Bismarck: Abyssea Leeches (FYI)
 Bismarck.Rinkai
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rin
By Bismarck.Rinkai 2010-08-27 10:01:36  
As someone who has a part in making Abyssea parties I would appreciate it if people would post the names of players on Bismarck who have come to Abyssea only to afk and leech xp. I'd rather not have to spend my time there babysitting what others are doing and then have to find a replacement for them. I don't play this game to give free xp to some ??????? that would just as soon ???? on me. Yes I understand real life happens and at times people have to go, but... unless their fingers have fallen off they can type that they have to leave.

First on the list:
Badboi- showed up on smn, we didn't know he was afk until the rdm said he was taking him out of his refresh cycle since he hadn't done anything for the last 4. We gave him time to come back, he never did. He was standing there a good hour or more after he was booted.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-08-27 10:06:41  
Is this really enough to warrant a "warning" against them? I mean the guy could of fallen asleep for all you know. Granted he shouldn't of joined or should of spoke up and said something about being tired but cut the guy a break. Now if it was a habitual thing that has been going on for more than one run, then you'd have a point.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-27 10:10:14  
Abyssea is the assist bot playground. Start your assist script, and walk away from your computer. 8 hours later, you're 80 with capped exp and full merits.

Sometimes terrain can mess it up, but not most of the time. Maybe this guy tried to run a bot, but he didn't know what he was doing.
 Bismarck.Sanchez
user: Sanchez1
By Bismarck.Sanchez 2010-08-27 10:22:19  
Or, he was just some douche trying to leech XP. It seems like there is one in every run. Not only does it inconvenience the leader by having to find a replacement, it also affects the rest of the alliance that has been doing their job by disrupting the lights.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinkai
By Bismarck.Rinkai 2010-08-27 10:23:33  
I play this game to have fun, I do not find catering to other peoples poorly raised children fun. If he was tired enough to fall asleep within 30mins of showing up that should not be my problem. I want to play with reliable people. I am asking that others that have had similar experiences with other players post them so that I can use that information when saying yes or no to someone that wants to join my run. Other people may also find this information helpful. It is up to each individual whether they use this information or not. Seeing as this is a site for Final Fantasy XI and a forum for the people that play on Bismarck it seems like an appropriate place to ask others for this information.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-08-27 10:35:19  
Kparser ftw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-27 10:44:42  
I'm not sure if this would work for your situation of people just afk'ing, but we have a couple pals who set up abyssea parties and they generally make it clear they want a couple leeches (mostly someone he already has in mind) to open chests. It's usually someone who's maybe too young level-wise (under 70) or someone who doesn't like the job they are leveling so much, they just need to get it to 80 quickly. Then it's made clear to the whole abyssea alliance that those are the designated leeches, so to speak. Those people can fight if there's currently no chests, but their main job is to open the chests so everyone else can fight. We still do get afk'ers, but it seems to be only possibly one or two each time and not really a problem.
 Bismarck.Rinkai
By Bismarck.Rinkai 2010-08-27 10:48:54  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
I want to play with reliable people.

Dont join pick up groups then =/

I don't join groups dear, I make them. See my profile? I have never once in this game put my flag up to look for a party, my husband or myself has made them all as well as the groups for our missions. We have grown a wonderful ls of reliable people but it is on the smaller side and not everyone is on at all times to be available for everything. So again I say, when we are making a party for Abyssea any heads up on who to avoid would be greatly appreciated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-08-27 10:54:26  
Bismarck.Rinkai said:

I don't join groups dear, I make them. See my profile? I have never once in this game put my flag up to look for a party, my husband or myself has made them all as well as the groups for our missions. We have grown a wonderful ls of reliable people but it is on the smaller side and not everyone is on at all times to be available for everything. So again I say, when we are making a party for Abyssea any heads up on who to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

People don’t intend to read anymore. Also, never have this person Neam come black mage he will afk a lot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-08-30 09:10:19  
kuroganashi is a player that comes to mind when talking about leeches.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 09:12:44  
He kept lootwhoring shitty Rasetsu Jinpachis yesterday lol
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-08-30 09:29:07  
he is a miserable little attention feeding parasite. if you see him give him a good /slap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-08-30 09:43:02  
Don't invite the *** maxse he runs out of range so people can't see him but close enough to get exp still. Then he goes to your house tostado your stuffs cause he knows ur too busy exping to notice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-30 09:54:01  
Good post Rinkai.

I don't know if there's too many chronic Abyssea-afk'ers out there, but it's certainly possible, and if we can smoke them out with this forum, then why not?

Since you say you lead/form alliances, I will tell you that it's a great idea to make an announcement right up front before the group leaves Whitegate:

"If you afk, /tell me. If you afk without telling me, you get booted from the alliance until you return." That way, the afk-er's Visitant Status time will run and be wasted for no EXP and no time extensions.

I know this sounds excessive/silly to most normal FFXI players, but there will always be 1-2 dumbasses in a group of 18 people, just based on normal distribution. I've found that if the leader is straight-forward and up-front about his/her afk policy, the dumbasses are less likely to take advantage of others' work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-08-30 10:07:00  
i totally agree with elan here. its just sad that there are idividuals out there that pratically takes advantage of any situation they can get. I say "let it be know" to all you damn leeches out there.
 Bismarck.Lordcanti
user: Genrye
By Bismarck.Lordcanti 2010-08-30 14:01:37  
Strange frequently afks in abyssea pts
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-30 14:16:02  
Odin.Liela said:
I'm not sure if this would work for your situation of people just afk'ing, but we have a couple pals who set up abyssea parties and they generally make it clear they want a couple leeches (mostly someone he already has in mind) to open chests. It's usually someone who's maybe too young level-wise (under 70) or someone who doesn't like the job they are leveling so much, they just need to get it to 80 quickly. Then it's made clear to the whole abyssea alliance that those are the designated leeches, so to speak. Those people can fight if there's currently no chests, but their main job is to open the chests so everyone else can fight. We still do get afk'ers, but it seems to be only possibly one or two each time and not really a problem.

I agree with your statement here, with exception of referring to chest openers as "leeches", imo. The people opening the chests are anything but leeches. They are probably the single most important person in the party, and most likely (aside from the puller and tank,) the most attentive. Regardless of thier level, the best leeches are those who are the lowest level, because they're the least likely to cap and disband or leave, and take 15 min to dump merits.
[+]
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-30 14:17:39  
Bismarck.Lordcanti said:

what server did you hop to?
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-30 14:40:14  
Bismarck.Pimpjuice said:
kuroganashi is a player that comes to mind when talking about leeches.

more then just a leech.

have a feeling this is a 12 year old (probably not. but personalty could of fooled me) with a big mouth. and wealthy income. he also likes talking and makeing *** up.

likes to try to talk *** down on anyone "not better then him"
and could be the biggest reason why brosale/oosale is still spamming there /tells on the server. (aka. possably the biggest gil buyer iv ever seen)

poor player all around. i sadly had him on my friends list for a few weeks. after the consent nagging and bickering and begging wanting me to do stuff for him... and relieving who he was.. biggest mistake i ever made.
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-30 14:47:01  
darkmaffxi said:
Bismarck.Lordcanti said:
what server did you hop to?
He went to Levi last I heard. Feel sorry for them, though this guy is lulz to the point it hurts.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-30 15:04:35  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Abyssea is the assist bot playground. Start your assist script, and walk away from your computer. 8 hours later, you're 80 with capped exp and full merits.

Indeed it is^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-08-31 18:55:38  
Bismarck.Lordcanti said:
Here I stand alone against the swift belt army. ( If FFXIAH is the forum you frequent: There is a reason you aren't the best dd in your linkshell, there is a reason JP's laugh at your gear, there is a reason you suck.)this is from your player comment on yout ffxiah main page and also this
Bismarck.Lordcanti said:
I suddenly recall why no one posts on FFXIah anymore. (Gimps, moral ***, and retards)
gtfo loser i never partied with you, you POS psuedo elitest you are a waste of space and bismarck is better off w/o you
[+]