First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 216 217 218
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-04 16:21:46  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
meowzma u get my guide on how to fish? posted it in ur thread. its quite easy once u get the hang of it
did you remake ur char?

I haven't but I will check thanks mate.

I was able to set the depth and jig my rod (just like IRL), I just couldn't work out where I was supposed to stand (there was some white swirly thing in the water), I kept getting the message "you have caught something, but can't reel it in".

I guess I got my hook caught on a rock or someone elses boots lol I'm not sure.
ill post it here hold on a sec
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-04 16:22:20  
D2010.09.04.2000.torrent - Direct Download (4.9MB)

That's the one from today, right?

Which fold do I put it in? B, or the other(forgot the first letter.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-04 16:22:26  
fishing is like the other gathering jobs u need to find the right spot to catch some statements to look for

1.You have hooked something but cannot real it in - means you need to still find the soft spot (soft spot meaning spot to catch fish)
2.You reel in line - getting closer to the soft spot
3. the fish takes in line - getting farther to soft spot
4. something about the fish has tired - means you hit the spot you need to then hit the same exact spot again to catch fish.

Same goes for the other gathering jobs (mining wcing etc) just different sayings
Its confusing at start but once you get used to it its quite easy.
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 16:23:08  
was kinda fun watching the time to completion go up as the percentage stood at 97%
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 16:25:55  
Hot damn... updater finished and folder showed up..
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:26:11  
Halfpint said:
did,,, until it bogged down at 97%....still no folder

Close the updater and wait a minute or 2, it will create the folders and save the file that it has downloaded so far ready to resume next time.
By Sabotendar 2010-09-04 16:27:09  
Questions:

How do you get new weapons?
How do you get new armor?

I have checked all the bazaars in the area and none of them have any armor or weapons. No npc's sell them either, besides the lv1 weapons.

Where are you supposed to level up? I hardly think leveling on the same mobs all the way 10+ as you did from level 1 is the correct way of doing things.

Mobs outside of the starter area kills you in one hit.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-04 16:29:58  
Sabotendar said:
Questions:

How do you get new weapons?
How do you get new armor?

I have checked all the bazaars in the area and none of them have any armor or weapons. No npc's sell them either, besides the lv1 weapons.

Where are you supposed to level up? I hardly think leveling on the same mobs all the way 10+ as you did from level 1 is the correct way of doing things.

1. different NPCs sell different weapons
2. i dont think you can buy new armor in the beta... at least i dont think so
3. i level up in starting areas too idk other places
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:33:47  
Sabotendar said:

What class are you?

Regardless of what area you start in, this general rule follows:

Speak to first npc you see, they should ask if you want a tour, yes you does. you'll then be in an instance (basically the npc at the Inn will be stood infront of the desk), talk to them, instance exists, talk to them again, find yourway to which ever camp they've asked you to find.

Use the crystal thing to start the Leve, complete it, go back to the npc at the Inn, they will teach you new ability. head to the next desk at the Inn, the male npc will let you start 4 additional guildleves (under Battlecraft), you can also pick up a 5th quest back going to tutorial (it's the quest you've just completed), go back to the first camp, do those new leves, then back to the npc at the Inn, and continue storyline, which will eventually lead you to a new level 10+ camp.

If you're getting owed by mobs, choose a better class.

BTW you can get new gear from the above leves, other than that I think (for the time being) new gear will have to be crafted.
By Sabotendar 2010-09-04 16:38:12  
i am lv 9,7pug.
I have completed the two quests awailable in my city Ul'dah. All the mobs on the way to the lv10 camp are red.
The only mobs i found that are my level are the tall 4 legged spider things, very very few spawns on those.
 Siren.Maximillion
サーバ: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 16:38:40  
I still haven't gotten a beta key, is this normal? Or am I doing it wrong? All I did was make a SE account. lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-09-04 16:39:34  
Siren.Maximillion said:
I still haven't gotten a beta key, is this normal? Or am I doing it wrong? All I did was make a SE account. lol
really really bad timing... must have not been able to get the first night due to traffic... and then you probably just missed the 2nd opportunity :\
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:46:46  
Siren.Maximillion said:

Have you linked FFXI to your SE account? Log into the account and link them (button on the left somewhere).

Sabotendar said:
i am lv 9,7pug.
I have completed the two quests awailable in my city Ul'dah. All the mobs on the way to the lv10 camp are red.
The only mobs i found that are my level are the tall 4 legged spider things, very very few spawns on those.

Menu > Point Allotment.

Add STR, DEX mostly, then spend a few into VIT (1VIT = 10HP I think). As for the elemental bit don't ask.

Menu > Actions and Traits.

Click a blank box, click the drop down Menu at the top, Should say Pugilist or your weapon, I forget which, then you should see some new abilities down the right hand side.

If I remember right, level 6 gives you Second Wind, 1 min CD, but spends XX TP and heals you for an amount. Add that to your hotbar.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 16:48:07  
omg o.O off that crazy bluescreen and onto...another screen!

am now looking at this and it seems to have snagged at 99.2% should i restart the whole client?

yay ~ success is around the corner :O

edit: nvm the second progress bar seems to be slowly inching its way up (its at 2% now lol)

am good :D (i hope)
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:49:34  
Either leave it 5 mins and close whatever else you're running, or cancel reboot and try again.
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 16:52:19  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Either leave it 5 mins and close whatever else you're running, or cancel reboot and try again.

It says they closed applications T.T WAAAAH!
By Sabotendar 2010-09-04 16:53:48  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Sabotendar said:
i am lv 9,7pug.

Menu > Point Allotment.

Add STR, DEX mostly, then spend a few into VIT (1VIT = 10HP I think). As for the elemental bit don't ask.

Menu > Actions and Traits.

Click a blank box, click the drop down Menu at the top, Should say Pugilist or your weapon, I forget which, then you should see some new abilities down the right hand side.

If I remember right, level 6 gives you Second Wind, 1 min CD, but spends XX TP and heals you for an amount. Add that to your hotbar.

I know...

But the mobs are too tough still. They hit for 200 dmg.
Its either die against red too tough mobs at 100%, or get 300xp from too weak mobs(and get almost no pug xp) at 100%

There is no inbetween.
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 16:57:34  
O.o if it ain't one thing it's another...lol.

went to Krizz site earlier today,, got all the patches...put them on my machine, in a folder, now folder is gone, with patches and when I try to re-down load them it askes what program i want to use to open them with...lol...
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 17:01:43  
Siren.Maximillion said:

You're not missing much from beta tbh, other than me being emo and managing to kill myself.

Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 17:02:40  
you defeat you. sounds like a emo dark knight :O

souleater ftl :P~
By Khaleb 2010-09-04 17:03:00  
where does H2010.08.30.2000 go? it is under the d96437e6 file but I am not sure if that is where it is supposed to be.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 17:03:06  
Halfpint said:

went to Krizz site earlier today,, got all the patches...put them on my machine, in a folder, now folder is gone, with patches and when I try to re-down load them it askes what program i want to use to open them with...lol...

Just give up and wait for Live, really can't help you much any more than already posted.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 17:04:09  
Khaleb said:
where does H2010.08.30.2000 go? it is under the d96437e6 file but I am not sure if that is where it is supposed to be.
you should good to go ~
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 17:05:21  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Halfpint said:

Just give up and wait for Live, really can't help you much any more than already posted.
<.< She is just having the same troubles some of us did :O

I will hit u back up on msn halfpint =)

excedrin, breathe , and do not toss the pc out the window :)
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-04 17:06:16  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Siren.Maximillion said:

You're not missing much from beta tbh, other than me being emo and managing to kill myself.

lol@ you defeat you. I am just dying to test out my new graphic card, apparently it plays starcraft2, cysis and such at medium settings decently well, so I'm hoping FFXIV would look sweet. I don't need a REALLY high end desktop for it right?
By Khaleb 2010-09-04 17:06:54  
okay, thank you
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 17:12:31  
Siren.Maximillion said:
I don't need a REALLY high end desktop for it right?

Not really, the above picture is with everything set to their minimum settings simply because the game is laggy as ***right now.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 17:13:10  
Khaleb said:
okay, thank you
=) u are very welcome when u load the client u will still see initializing network preparing to dl etc, then if you havent downloaded todays update u need to do so (THEN) after all our hairpulling~ you should see the picture I uploaded earlier this page (or last page) =)
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-04 17:21:09  
Alright, I am home now. If anyone is still having a problem with getting the updates to work, send me a PM and I will walk you through it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Mairah
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-04 17:35:40  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alright, I am home now. If anyone is still having a problem with getting the updates to work, send me a PM and I will walk you through it.

Krizz you so nice! :D I don't need help but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Thank you muchly for posting all of that. I have sent the link to so many people who ask me questions about it xD.
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 216 217 218