how did i miss that lol
 Lakshmi.Galathea
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-05 21:47:06  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Lakshmi.Galathea said:

edit: FFXIV Viewer still just does a "refreshing" type thing in the windows.
I keep my sound muted normally, but when I unmuted to listen to something yesterday, I noticed mine clicking as well.

I think it just constantly refreshes either way. However, you should still get more response when you click it.
I'd say you can connect to me now, but I'm at work and their firewall and shite prolly will stop you, plus I'm due out in 20 minutes
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-05 21:48:05  
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
mine only wants to download the one to the b folder, no data goes to the d one. i downloaded it off of krizz's site and now i get this

any ideas?

EDIT: thats with today's patch, dropped it in the right folder. client found it fine, but the smaller box there won't do anything. now whenever i try to boot FFXIV this is what i get.

My friend downloaded off of Krizz's site and didn't get that folder either. Her thing won't even update. I'm not sure what it is.

yeah i've tried torrenting and krizz's, always end up with the error above. if i delete the patches and just let the client update itself, it stops at 94.6% even though the file size of the patch it downloads is complete.

k, well now it finishes to 100%, but gives me the same error as above like when i manually do it. anyone know how to fix it or also have this problem?
Are you running Microsoft Security Essentials? If you are, you need to exclude the FFXIV folders from its Real-time Protection scans. I was getting the same error with MSE telling me it had an MSDOS virus when there wasn't. As soon as I excluded the folders it installed just fine.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-09-05 21:50:37  
A quick gripe. I Just started attempting rank 10 Levequests in the Grinadia area and does anyone else find it stupid that SOLO rank leve's path you through throngs of aggro mobs when you're under a time limit?

Granted my archer is only rank 7 so i could go level up a bit more and give it another shot, but still. Why??

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that some of those mobs 2-shot you lol. And for some reason all the leves prior give you like 8 different kinds of pants.... how about some other pieces of armor? lol
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-05 21:51:21  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
mine only wants to download the one to the b folder, no data goes to the d one. i downloaded it off of krizz's site and now i get this

any ideas?

EDIT: thats with today's patch, dropped it in the right folder. client found it fine, but the smaller box there won't do anything. now whenever i try to boot FFXIV this is what i get.

My friend downloaded off of Krizz's site and didn't get that folder either. Her thing won't even update. I'm not sure what it is.

yeah i've tried torrenting and krizz's, always end up with the error above. if i delete the patches and just let the client update itself, it stops at 94.6% even though the file size of the patch it downloads is complete.

k, well now it finishes to 100%, but gives me the same error as above like when i manually do it. anyone know how to fix it or also have this problem?
Are you running Microsoft Security Essentials? If you are, you need to exclude the FFXIV folders from its Real-time Protection scans. I was getting the same error with MSE telling me it had an MSDOS virus when there wasn't. As soon as I excluded the folders it installed just fine.

I'm not sure what that is? Never seen it before. I'm on Vista 64-bit. I was playing the game fine last night (with some lag due to having to play around with the graphics til i get it right). today i see there's a new update so i get it from krizz ahead of time and now no matter how i obtain the patch, when it gets to the installation phase this error pops up immediately.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-05 21:52:42  
:3 Not sure whats wrong then. T.T
 Shiva.Mackstrife
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2010-09-05 21:55:21  
Okayyyy.... So Finally I put everything in the right folders and then it got to todays update which it sat @ 94.6%

when I got back a few hours later it had a error msg (forgot to copy it) I know they were in the right folders because that 4.7G file went by fast and then Todays was dl'ing 1/1...

anyway... I get home, and try to log in to FINALLY play... yeah... some odd reason its looking for that 4.7G file again, I looked and the .patch files are still in said folders they were in earlier....

Anyone got any advice that would help me to finally finish this (and do it again on my friend's PC >_< )

Edit: the error had something to do about UAC I think which I can probably fix but still found it weird.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-05 21:59:21  
UAC is quite possibly the worst thing ever created. I just flat out turned it off. As for the file deal...not a clue as to why its searching for it again. Hope that doesn't mean you have to re-download. >< Only thing I can think of is that its a fluke.
By Halfpint 2010-09-05 21:59:28  
<Sigh> in game.. hitting F to go into fight mode and getting "invalid command or invalid action... can someone PLEASE help me out??
 Shiva.Mackstrife
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2010-09-05 22:00:55  
Even if it was the UAC, it looked like it was after the update was @ 100%, regardless running as admin usually gets around that so that wouldn't be the issue... but yeah... the file downloading again doesn't make any sense to me at all.
By Blkninja 2010-09-05 22:33:09  
Did FFXIV crash?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:33:13  
What is this crap...

FFXIAH goes down

then FFXIV

Are teh servers linked!?!?
/sarcasm
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-05 22:33:33  
Halfpint said:
<Sigh> in game.. hitting F to go into fight mode and getting "invalid command or invalid action... can someone PLEASE help me out??

Menu, config, keyboard settings.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:33:45  
lobby server is down now
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-09-05 22:33:51  
I cant seem to log in all the way...keeps timing out :/
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:34:33  
Lakshmi.Cesil said:
I cant seem to log in all the way...keeps timing out :/
servers went down

and what ffxiv server you on? =O
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-05 22:34:37  
R0'd. Now im gettin an error, cannot connect to world. Please see the Final Fantasy XIV offical page for details.

Server status page is only showing 1 world down.
 Ramuh.Mairah
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 22:34:46  
Yeah it went down lol.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-05 22:35:11  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
What is this crap...

FFXIAH goes down

then FFXIV

/sarcasm
B'aww. I was almost 12! Every time LS: ni has fun, the servers die. Lol
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:35:38  
2nd tiem today for Trabia

god S-E likes to piss off Linkshell NI, don't they

Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-05 22:35:51  
Wow, my wife finally decides she wants to try it, right as I finish setting up her char, ***crashes.. On an up note, I've already sold 4 of my daggers <_<
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:36:15  
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
What is this crap...

FFXIAH goes down

then FFXIV

/sarcasm
B'aww. I was almost 12! Every time LS: ni has fun, the servers die. Lol
I just finished Weaver quest in Camp Verison
just as i was gonna get up
R0
Server crash
me - rage
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:38:02  
according to some dude on zam forums, there was a jesus-mode bug that idk wth happened cuz he didn't give POIDH

Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-05 22:38:11  
Everytime I can't get in the game, I feel more and more addicted. lol
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 22:38:12  
Made a second char in Limsa Lominsa, was partying with people, went to switch comps, wouldn't let me on.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-05 22:38:35  
Phoenix.Crimsontears said:
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-05 22:38:36  
I can make these too, if I could only figure out where to get this and this. =/.
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 22:38:44  
Phoenix.Crimsontears said:

this lol
 Leviathan.Snomm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-05 22:39:00  
ya i just tried to get on like everyone else and Trabia is down.
 Ramuh.Foulei
user: foulei
By Ramuh.Foulei 2010-09-05 22:40:15  
was in a huge pty about to have fun and BOOM there wonderful Dell bought severs exploded again ....they must be on the horn with the people the outsoured them to trying to read a repair script in broken english with what sounds like a party going on in the back cause SE wasted money ... :yes that was my last call to dell if your wondering :
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 216 217 218