XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 216 217 218
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 12:29:17  
Krizz, the new patch is gonna be in the d96437e6 folder. If you haven't seen yet. (D2010.09.07.2001.patch)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:30:34  
Here's what I keep getting..

Only thing that changed after upgrading drivers was the black screen turned dark gray, as you see above.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:36:29  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Krizz, the new patch is gonna be in the d96437e6 folder. If you haven't seen yet. (D2010.09.07.2001.patch)
Haven't yet. Out shopping with the wife.
By Darkwizard 2010-09-07 12:36:57  
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Only thing that changed after upgrading drivers was the black screen turned dark gray, as you see above.

Try running this before the actual game
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version Config
Turn down some of the graphic setting. Then when u get game running play around with them 1 by 1 to get best graphic showing.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:38:12  
Darkwizard said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Try running this before the actual game
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version Config
Turn down some of the graphic setting. Then when u get game running play around with them 1 by 1 to get best graphic showing.
does that actually effect the updater?
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-09-07 12:39:52  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

FFXIV > life!!!!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 12:40:36  
Carbuncle.Alessandra said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

FFXIV > life!!!!

lol XD

Not if his wife is a NM.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:41:05  
Carbuncle.Alessandra said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

FFXIV > life!!!!
I'm still training her.
 Valefor.Cloudxi
サーバ: Valefor
user: Cloudxi
By Valefor.Cloudxi 2010-09-07 12:41:55  
Phoenix.Kojo said:

I recently got a new gfx card and was having the same problem, how i fixed it was to reinstall the drivers for my card.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:41:55  
Darkwizard said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Here's what I keep getting.. Only thing that changed after upgrading drivers was the black screen turned dark gray, as you see above.
Try running this before the actual game FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version Config Turn down some of the graphic setting. Then when u get game running play around with them 1 by 1 to get best graphic showing.

Ok, I tried.. It did the exact same thing. One thing I do need to know that I really should have asked before, but to get past that, do I need to have all the patch files on my PC somewhere?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:45:08  
Valefor.Cloudxi said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Here's what I keep getting.. Only thing that changed after upgrading drivers was the black screen turned dark gray, as you see above.
I recently got a new gfx card and was having the same problem, how i fixed it was to reinstall the drivers for my card.

I have the latest driver installed.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 12:46:10  
When you installed the new drivers, did you uninstall them old ones AND restart your computer before installing the new ones?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:48:14  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
When you installed the new drivers, did you uninstall them old ones AND restart your computer before installing the new ones?

No.. I didn't uninstall, but I did restart.
By Darkwizard 2010-09-07 12:49:47  
No that stop the graphic card from crashing game on low end computers like mines.

For the updater if u can zip up your current updater and put on your site that would help some ppl Cuasethe original updater that comes with the Beta there was Black screen of death issue in close beta but Se never bother to put new updater version in the game download. If not i can send u the updated files that some1 sent me awhile ago.

Files that should in your zip are
ffxivupdater.exe
Ffxivboot.exe
Folder -->client/sqwt <--all of that folder files make sure u have the client path included.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 12:50:27  
Uninstall your video card drivers, restart, install new drivers, restart, try to open the client again.

Until you do that it could still be your drivers.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:51:50  
Uninstall your video card drivers, restart, install new drivers, restart, try to open the client again. Until you do that it could still be your drivers.

All 3 or "excluding display"?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 12:54:18  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Uninstall your video card drivers, restart, install new drivers, restart, try to open the client again. Until you do that it could still be your drivers.

I'd say excluding display, I've never seen that option while uninstalling video card drivers tho.. I use ATI, what do you use?

Basically you don't want there to be anything related to your video card on the computer at all, if possible, use the uninstaller option on the drivers you just downloaded (on ATI when you download new driver/software you click install, it brings you to a page where you have the option to Install and below it is Uninstall, check for something like that)

For a clean install on the drivers, you want it to be like you just bought that card and popped it into your tower and you're setting it up for the first time.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 12:55:16  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'd say excluding display, I've never seen that option while uninstalling video card drivers tho.. I use ATI, what do you use? Basically you don't want there to be anything related to your video card on the computer at all, if possible, use the uninstaller option on the drivers you just downloaded (on ATI when you download new driver/software you click install, it brings you to a page where you have the option to Install and below it is Uninstall, check for something like that) For a clean install on the drivers, you want it to be like you just bought that card and popped it into your tower and you're setting it up for the first time.

I got NVIDIA.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-09-07 12:55:48  
Hey guys and galz
So yea I've been doing a little research about 14 cause I have access to the beta testing however, I can't gain access to the game unless I use my GFs computer. But apparently if you are Running windows 7 64 bit OS there this thing called WOW64 which is suppose to run programs that is only made for 32 bit OS to run in Windows on Windows 64. Apparently This is one of the issues that is causing people to get the gray or black screen for when opening the client ie. Downloader. I know my desktop can run it - the graphics card which shouldn't prevent the client/downloader from working properly. so the question is.... Does anybody know how to run programs under WOW64 if so this would be great help to alot of us. Also when I was trying to open the client and got the solution problem checker I went into the event logger and found there is also a compatibility issue I think this may because of the WOW64 not kicking in but I had tried all the possible compatibility mode and still did not work. So therefore, if you have Window 7 64 bit OS be prepared to end up doing alot of tweaking.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:56:06  
Darkwizard said:
No that stop the graphic card from crashing game on low end computers like mines.

For the updater if u can zip up your current updater and put on your site that would help some ppl Cuasethe original updater that comes with the Beta there was Black screen of death issue in close beta but Se never bother to put new updater version in the game download. If not i can send u the updated files that some1 sent me awhile ago.

Files that should in your zip are
ffxivupdater.exe
Ffxivboot.exe
Folder -->client/sqwt <--all of that folder files make sure u have the client path included.
Eh? I'll fool around with it, but not sure that will make a difference. I normally only post things that I personally can test.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 12:57:10  
Btw, if anyone has installed the mouse patch, you have to restore the original boot for the patch.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 12:57:18  
Okay, I don't use Nvidia, so, just to be safe stick with excluding display, but check the driver/software download you got and see if there's an option to have it uninstall current drivers/software first, if so use that.
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 12:57:40  
Will Mrs Krizz be playing XIV then?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:57:55  
Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
Hey guys and galz
So yea I've been doing a little research about 14 cause I have access to the beta testing however, I can't gain access to the game unless I use my GFs computer. But apparently if you are Running windows 7 64 bit OS there this thing called WOW64 which is suppose to run programs that is only made for 32 bit OS to run in Windows on Windows 64. Apparently This is one of the issues that is causing people to get the gray or black screen for when opening the client ie. Downloader. I know my desktop can run it - the graphics card which shouldn't prevent the client/downloader from working properly. so the question is.... Does anybody know how to run programs under WOW64 if so this would be great help to alot of us. Also when I was trying to open the client and got the solution problem checker I went into the event logger and found there is also a compatibility issue I think this may because of the WOW64 not kicking in but I had tried all the possible compatibility mode and still did not work. So therefore, if you have Window 7 64 bit OS be prepared to end up doing alot of tweaking.
my 64-bit Windows 7 is my only machine that runs ffxiv.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 12:59:11  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Btw, if anyone has installed the mouse patch, you have to restore the original boot for the patch.
First thing I did so I didn't forget, just hope I backed it up right, I'm pretty tech savvy, but stuff like those patches confuse.. I copied the original FFXIVGame App and put it in a seperate folder, then today after game went down, deleted the patched one, and put the original back in there.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 12:59:24  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Will Mrs Krizz be playing XIV then?
Hopefully. Waiting until retail to try so she doesn't get pissed at the current bugs.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-09-07 12:59:44  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hey guys and galz
Did you have to do any tweaking when you first got access or what?
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:00:15  
I'm running under Windows 7 64-bit as well without any problems.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-07 13:01:24  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hey guys and galz
Did you have to do any tweaking when you first got access or what?
No.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 13:02:01  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
I'm running under Windows 7 64-bit as well without any problems.
Same.
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 216 217 218