Holy ***I'm scar face Jesus!
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-08 19:29:08  
Asura.Kowen said:

ive had the thing on the face happen to me, normally goes away with time for me

and the person in the sky happend to me when the game loaded but i couldnt get menus
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-08 20:14:13  
Asura.Tristean said:
If you guys go to Coerthas and go talk to all the NPCs, you're going to love the lore they're talking about. The game runs smoothly on my setup so my opinion of the game is biased to people who can't run it as smoothly lol but I love everything about the beta so far! This game is gonna rock!
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-08 20:15:04  
I just made a goldmisthing char, and have no idea what to do -.- I'm at the Goldsmithing Guild in Ul'dah, but i'm fuggin broke <_<

Wish I could send money to my char from my main.
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-08 20:15:48  
Well i'm 62.5% through download version update on ffxiv boot after about 30 hours of downloading lol i hope file 2/2 doesnt take this long omg..
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 20:41:39  
ShinkaEvolution said:
Well i'm 62.5% through download version update on ffxiv boot after about 30 hours of downloading lol i hope file 2/2 doesnt take this long omg..
By the time you get it updated, beta will be over <_<
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-08 21:04:12  
shhh dont say that! ALso when does beta end for sure? I know the 22nd is around the corner.
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-09-08 21:11:46  
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 21:13:31  
Carbuncle.Alessandra said:
Stop pervin <_<
[+]
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-09-08 21:14:01  
i see a bulge!
By flavaflav82 2010-09-08 21:26:17  
anyone available to poearl me at camp bearded rock?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 21:26:38  
Just some pics I took of the storm raging on the boat ride to Limsa
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 21:26:57  
flavaflav82 said:
anyone available to poearl me at camp bearded rock?
I can in just a few, omw there now, so stay there
By flavaflav82 2010-09-08 21:27:12  
meh *pearl
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 21:28:36  
What's your name, son? You have one I presume?

<_< sorry Voyager stuck i my head.
By flavaflav82 2010-09-08 21:32:37  
Kolley koll
 Leviathan.Snomm
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-08 21:51:45  
I have a question.

If you are running Windows 7 64-bit ultimate edition or something similar and are playing the beta without any issues to the extent of crashing randomly in the middle of playing, could you please tell me the settings you are using to play the game?

For some reason the game likes to crash on me about 10 minutes into playing...I am running it at 1920x1080, Full Screen, everything jacked to the max.

I am sporting a 6-core with ati radeon 5970 and fully up to date directX 11 so there really should be no issue besides the beta coding.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 22:00:20  
Leviathan.Snomm said:
I am sporting a 6-core with ati radeon 5970 and fully up to date directX 11 so there really should be no issue besides the beta coding.
I have nearly the same rig, just with two of the 5970's. I also run at highest settings, ambient occlusion on, depth of field off, 1600x1050 but in Windowed mode so I can have a browser, etc open on another monitor.

I crash out about once every couple hours. It seems to coincide with a memory problem caused by a slow leak in the client, visible over time if you watch it with a debug monitor. I have 12GB of RAM, so I seem to crash slightly less often than my friends with less, but occasionally it will happen twice in rapid succession. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or repro case for it, and driver updates and DirectX upgrades don't have any effect.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-08 22:09:52  
I also just realized I had an older Catalyst Control Center from May instead of August so gonna get that and hope for the best...thanks for the information Jaerik...lol memory leaks, who would have thought?

On a side note, I ordered the collector's edition and am literally on the fence as to whether or not to cancel because if I can't have stable play, there is no point in owning it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:10:52  
Crashing happens at weird times with me. At times it crashes two times really fast after each other, other times I can play for 8+ hours with nothing.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-08 22:17:54  
Flionheart said:
Crashing happens at weird times with me. At times it crashes two times really fast after each other, other times I can play for 8+ hours with nothing.
I just crashed while browsing through my inventory >.<

I'm taking it as a sign that I'm done for the night tho..
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-08 22:18:29  
Basically, someone needs to patch up the memory leak...I really hope that SE has some idea what is causing the leak...and I am really hoping it is done by retail release or they will just get the revenue from the release, go into a huge maintenance session, and the early entries such as myself will end up playing the same time as everyone else. >.>
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-09-08 22:42:09  
Leviathan.Snomm said:

On a side note, I ordered the collector's edition and am literally on the fence as to whether or not to cancel because if I can't have stable play, there is no point in owning it.

This.

As much as I'd like to believe it will be fixed it is a point of concern for me. If they're going to be so busy working on stabilizing the client just imagine how long it will be before they get around to patching and changing leves, crafting, or anything gameplay related around as I'm sure they will to at least a minor extent.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-08 22:48:46  
Honestly, I can deal with minor issues in the gameplay because I can at least progress to a degree with some ease and can experiment with some of the earlier stages of the game without any leves and limited crafting, but without being able to physically be on the game, even if it is just standing around looking at the scenery and/or talk with people, I have no reason to pay for the game, then make monthly payments.

If they want to spend the entire next couple weeks just fixing the memory leak to avoid crashes, I would happily pay for the game with the hope that within the next month after release, they start smoothing out the rest of the programming.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 22:49:49  
There isn't a confirmed memory leak, it just seems that way upon a cursory examination. I could always be wrong.

I'll probably still get the collector's edition just for the bonus items, but I don't expect the first week of play to be particularly stable.

There's two big but separate worries I have: content, and tech.

Content: So far we're only seeing newbie content, which strikes me as odd. Most MMO devs want as much finished content in front of as many players as possible, at the earliest opportunity to find the most bugs. They're either making a calculated decision not to show us 90% of the game, which strikes me as extremely odd but maybe plausible, or they're not anywhere close to finished.

Tech: The tech is another story. There is no reason to not patch a technical bug in beta, especially a crash bug, if you have a fix. Not when you're doing daily updates. Which implies to me that the tech really is this unstable right now, and they're still desperately trying to fix it. In a post-WoW world, there's a certain quality bar expected for tech at launch, (especially be reviewers and the media), and they're nowhere near that with only about 1.5 weeks to go.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-08 22:53:16  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
There isn't a confirmed memory leak, it just seems that way upon a cursory examination. I could always be wrong.

I'll probably still get the collector's edition just for the bonus items, but I don't expect the first week of play to be particularly stable.

There's two big but separate worries I have: content, and tech.

Content: So far we're only seeing newbie content, which strikes me as odd. Most MMO devs want as much finished content in front of as many players as possible, at the earliest opportunity to find the most bugs. They're either making a calculated decision not to show us 90% of the game, which strikes me as extremely odd but maybe plausible, or they're not anywhere close to finished.

Tech: The tech is another story. There is no reason to not patch a technical bug in beta, especially a crash bug, if you have a fix. Not when you're doing daily updates. Which implies to me that the tech really is this unstable right now, and they're still desperately trying to fix it. In a post-WoW world, there's a certain quality bar expected for tech at launch, (especially be reviewers and the media), and they're nowhere near that with only about 1.5 weeks to go.
I believe 5(ish) of the 7(ish) regions are already ingame, though a lot of underground areas are offlimits. I wouldn't just call that newbie areas seeing as how Coerthas has like LV40-osomething mobs.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-09-08 22:55:45  
Whatever the tech problem, as Jaerik said there will be a massive ***storm of negative media criticism if it's like this at launch. Anyone remember how bad Vangaurd was at launch? Yikes.

As far as content goes, thus far I think the crafting is perfect. Free mats and recipes every 48 hours to help you advance in whatever craft you want AND you get experience for it? Awesome.

However as far as battle-related leves go I think 8 is a little too few, I blow through them in about half a day and then there's nothing to do but grind. This may change as more content becomes available (IE camps for xp after leves ala ffxi) but for now it really slows your progress. I made a random rant thread the other day about a particular area where leves where basically impossible, things like that obviously need to be addressed as well.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-08 22:56:43  
As long as they figure out what is causing the crashing, I will be a happy man...that is all I ask at the minimum and I think it is funny you mention WoW because if FFXIV was made by Blizzard/Activision, this game wouldn't be coming out until Spring at the least in my opinion because all these issues would be unacceptable in their eyes.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 22:57:24  
Siren.Enternius said:
I believe 5(ish) of the 7(ish) regions are already ingame, though a lot of underground areas are offlimits. I wouldn't just call that newbie areas seeing as how Coerthas has like LV40-osomething mobs.
I guess by newbie content I mean things like quests, missions, guildleves, and especially items, weapons, armor, classes, mobs, etc. Not just areas.

So far the game seems very light on content in this regard.
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 216 217 218