フォーラム » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 216 217 218
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-08 23:55:50  
Anyone notice that there is gear that gives you +crafting stats, +control and some +gathering etc... now sure what the +control gear does and how much the +crafting gear helps the crafters.

I am sure that SE has more crafting recipes out there, just not for the beta release.

I really dont see how this game is going to be ready in a few weeks.

I dont like the fact that gear breaks down and you would think that the armorer job would be able to fix all the gear. That is not the case. It all depends on the gear that you need fixing, some require blacksmithing or goldsmithing or some other craft and so on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 23:57:19  
They've publicly said there will be no AH at release. Most likely some time later.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-08 23:58:02  
i dont mind the armor breaking but its just way too fast. i get it repaired kill dodos for an hour and its severly damaged again
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-08 23:58:02  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
They've publicly said there will be no AH at release. Most likely some time later.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
 Ramuh.Mairah
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-08 23:59:08  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

I thought they just said there would be no AH in Open Beta.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-08 23:59:48  
It is a pain in the rear end to go through all those bazaars just to find some crystals/shards so you can craft and when you do fins some they are overpriced.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 00:02:44  
Seraph.Rafik said:
It is a pain in the rear end to go through all those bazaars just to find some crystals/shards so you can craft and when you do fins some they are overpriced.

Use the "Seeking" option, do mid-sized bites. Like 50 Shards at a time for 2,000 or so. That's where most of my gil comes from. Don't make the two common mistakes of 1 shard for 50g (The offer will immediately expire when someone sells it to you) or 999 shards for whatever amount, because few people will have that many.

If you do it right, you can leave your retainer overnight, and come back full of crystals and shards.

Mobs usually drop shards in 3's and 6's, so the best are probably 30 and 60.

And if you can afford it, lease a stand in the wards, they will always draw more attention.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-09 00:03:20  
Ramuh.Mairah said:
I thought they just said there would be no AH in Open Beta.
Pretty sure it was none at release, but of course now that I say that, I can't find the source article. ><

Again though, if they had an AH system done, it would make no sense not to test it before launch.
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 00:04:08  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
What proof other than that photo do you have?

I've not been watching this thread(or reading to see info on an AH).

Good enough?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 00:06:01  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
What proof other than that photo do you have?

I've not been watching this thread(or reading to see info on an AH).

Picture Baaaaleted

Good enough?

How do you know that's the AH? It could be the Grand Admiralty Tribunal. The only way to access it is to commit Treason against Limsa Lominsa. That's plausible, right?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 00:08:33  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
How do you know that's the AH? It could be the Grand Admiralty Tribunal. The only way to access it is to commit Treason against Limsa Lominsa. That's plausible, right?

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-09 00:10:50  
Meowzma's pic isn't the only evidence. They've mentioned an AH system in interviews.

That being said, I wouldn't hold your breath for getting it at release, because I'm willing to bet it's not done.

(Edit: so it actually is just the Tribunal?)
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 00:12:30  
It could be true that the AH is closed for a while after xiv goes live, but from what I read it was like you all seemed to think SE forgot to add an AH.

Regardless of whether or not it works, it's there.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 00:16:14  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Meowzma's pic isn't the only evidence. They've mentioned an AH system in interviews.

That being said, I wouldn't hold your breath for getting it at release, because I'm willing to bet it's not done.

(Edit: so it actually is just the Tribunal?)

I really have no idea, was a lame joke that kinda backfired because I didn't think anyone would speak to an NPC that wiki didn't highlight as being a quest-related link.
 Leviathan.Snomm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-09 00:16:16  
My guess is after all the hard work they put into the actual world in terms of graphics, the mechanics for all other aspects of the game came second so kudos to the graphics department and shame on the rest of the staff. :)
 Leviathan.Snomm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-09 00:20:07  
I'm out for the night...sleepy...so everyone have a great night and a good day...I'll probably be back in here to see if any new news has come forth tomorrow.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-09 00:20:48  
how bad was ffxi when it first came out compared to ff14?
By flavaflav82 2010-09-09 00:52:12  
Getting Lobby Server error now .... anyone else?
 Bahamut.Nixak
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2010-09-09 01:03:58  
Seraph.Rafik said:

I didn't know that FFXIV was already out.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 01:08:07  
Bahamut.Nixak said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I didn't know that FFXIV was already out.

It's damn close... Two weeks away. As much as I want to be an optimist and say they have a magic day-one "Gold" patch that they've been compiling, but decided not to test, the game isn't ready for release.
By Izey 2010-09-09 01:39:29  
Anyone have a solution for the "Error, or Not Responding" Download clients? Every time I open it on the Desktop to start downloading XIV it closes "Not responding"
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 03:51:25  
Can we have some actual details?

My car is broken, what should I do?...

OS? PC specs? Have you tried uninstall/reinstall?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 04:52:44  
Sylph.Anjali said:
I don't really care if it's ready or not - I still like it more than xi. lol

That's what's so frustrating, though. Even in it's sorry state, the thing is AWESOMELY fun. Going around with a party, doing your leves and theirs, hammering out WSs and abilities on whole groups of mobs, is an absolute blast.

But then you crash every 5 minutes, lose your leves, botch all your syntheses even though you're several lvls over the optimal rank, can't repair your underwear and can't get decent gear.

It's like one big horrible tease taunting you from behind a bullet-proof glass window.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-09 06:13:33  
I'll gladly deal with the crashes, they do tend to come at inconvenient times, but in my eyes, this games content (not ammount, but quality) more then makes up for some mild unstable-ness (atleast it's only mild for me... I have 9 gigs of RAM, and as Jaerik pointed out earlier that likely means I can go on a bit longer before memory leak effects me)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 06:18:14  
Izey said:
Anyone have a solution for the "Error, or Not Responding" Download clients? Every time I open it on the Desktop to start downloading XIV it closes "Not responding"

Have you opened your ports yet? The Official update client was totally unusable until I did the Port fix for my router.
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'll gladly deal with the crashes, they do tend to come at inconvenient times, but in my eyes, this games content (not ammount, but quality) more then makes up for some mild unstable-ness (atleast it's only mild for me... I have 9 gigs of RAM, and as Jaerik pointed out earlier that likely means I can go on a bit longer before memory leak effects me)

I wish I could. I've only got 4GB, and at best I can get 2hours in before shittytown happens. It becomes unplayable faster for me as well, since my Processor is total ***.

If this is something that is in the beta client, that a majority of users are experiencing though (And it seems so) then I am confident it will be fixed by retail. It's one thing to have some instability in a game, but such consistent instability has to draw attention/solution.

Still, considering my hardware, I'm still shocked at how well the game runs when it's actually working right.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 06:21:56  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

They definitely got a lot right in this game, conceptually. Once the bugs are ironed out, it's going to be a priceless gem. I can already see myself playing this for years and years to come. I'm almost kind of sad, because I know FFXI is going to get neglected, and I really don't want to do that what with the new AF3 gear and everything else coming. But I don't see how I can manage to play both games at once, and FFXIV just wins, hands down.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 06:25:15  
It's funny when people use the term "Grinding" in regards to FFXIV. The combat is so dynamic, that it hardly feels like grinding at all. It's as much a grind as combat Gears of War, in my eyes. Event he Caster classes feel alive, though, in FFXI Casting classes felt a lot more "Active" than Melee classes.

I love that they brought back the old-school spell method. Get one spell of each element at key level, choose right element. No more USE BLIZZ IV LOLFAF!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 06:28:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
can't repair your underwear
XD

I kept seeing a way to make new undies as a Weaver (miqo'te onry i think) but it never shows up in the synth window ><

those undies piss me off =(

They only disallow it so you can't see your character absolutely naked. Do you know how awesome it would be if you could take off your panties/boxers? Your char could fight commando style! =D
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 216 217 218