user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-09-01 03:03:35  

lolol awesome..
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 03:14:02  
All I have left is Part 6. 1:20 mins left.
 Lakshmi.Azrial
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-09-01 03:18:14  
"A critical issue where the client software for the open beta test would not respond on certain rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stages of preparation for the start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

A new schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter."

A later "date", huh?
[+]
 Leviathan.Xya
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Amarante
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-09-01 03:58:38  
Lakshmi.Azrial said:
"A critical issue where the client software for the open beta test would not respond on certain rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stages of preparation for the start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

A new schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter."

A later "date", huh?

Could that be the crash-on-open issue a lot of people are having? Or am I just giving myself false hope? XD
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 04:00:11  
Leviathan.Xya said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

A later "date", huh?

Could that be the crash-on-open issue a lot of people are having? Or am I just giving myself false hope? XD
The crash on open is caused by out of date CCC, at least that's what mine was.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 04:25:44  
Yay! Installing the updates =DDD
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-09-01 04:33:03  
Valefor.Cloudxi said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Valefor.Cloudxi said:
If anyone is familiar with jdownloader or megaupload i found someone who posted megaupload links for the update =)

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megaupload-links-install-instructions/

enjoy!

EDIT: started downloading and hitting speeds of 1.5mb/s!!!
Nice, someone beat me to it.

Edit: Oh, apparently there are some download limits? Been a while since I used megaupload.

What i did was

1)get a megaupload free account

2)download jdownloader(google is your friend)

3)add your free account to jdownloader in the menu premium>megaupload>add account

4) in jdownloader add the links for the 7 rar files by going to the menu Links>add links> add url's

5) right click on ffxiv-beta and click "continue with all"

6) sit back and jdownloader will download them all for you, even will pause 10min if you have reached limit

This was by far the fastest way of getting it for me. The torrent wasn't allowing me to connect to the main tracker that had most of the peers, so it was going at turtle pace (I wouldn't be surprised if this was also happening with others who are experiencing slow torrents).
By Blkninja 2010-09-01 04:35:02  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
i hope this means i did something right

W00T thats what im getting :D
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 04:40:15  
Blkninja said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:

Me too. at 73%. Want to make sure it all works before I go to sleep lol.
By Blkninja 2010-09-01 05:04:54  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Blkninja said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Me too. at 73%. Want to make sure it all works before I go to sleep lol.

haha, yea im at the login screen hopefully by the time i wake up ill be able to play the beta
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-01 05:06:09  
Anyone got their code to register on Accont site? I got an email how to download etc but cant see any code anywhere?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:06:29  
"FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed: Follow-up

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

A critical issue where the client software for the open beta test would not respond on certain rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stages of preparation for the start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

A new schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter.~"

Shouldn't be too bad.
 Leviathan.Xya
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-09-01 05:06:35  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

A later "date", huh?

I updated all my drivers, but I honestly have no idea what CCC is, how to find it, or how to update it >.>;;

I assumed it was just because my graphics card was way too low to run it, my computer was just saying 'nuh me no likey' =/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:11:44  
Leviathan.Xya said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

A later "date", huh?

I updated all my drivers, but I honestly have no idea what CCC is, how to find it, or how to update it >.>;;

I assumed it was just because my graphics card was way too low to run it, my computer was just saying 'nuh me no likey' =/

Do you use ATI or Nvidia?
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-01 05:17:05  
Asura.Majae said:
Asura.Halloween said:
I believe you'll just go to the normal beta site and log in with your squenix ID and password. There, you'll be able to download the launcher and update.

https://dev-na.ffxiv.com/

Just a little side note, to help those who are trying, the p2p that they use is slow as shaite. You can find the torrent files stored at
...\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae\metainfo

and download them through a torrent program (then move them to the proper folder), which is 1 million times faster than letting it download with the ffxiv downloader. That's not an exaggeration.

Worked for me. I was never given access to beta, but my logins get me into the beta site now. haven't tried to download the client yet though.

I get this msg when try login:
"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account. "
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:17:37  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Asura.Majae said:
Asura.Halloween said:
I believe you'll just go to the normal beta site and log in with your squenix ID and password. There, you'll be able to download the launcher and update.

Just a little side note, to help those who are trying, the p2p that they use is slow as shaite. You can find the torrent files stored at
...\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae\metainfo

and download them through a torrent program (then move them to the proper folder), which is 1 million times faster than letting it download with the ffxiv downloader. That's not an exaggeration.

Worked for me. I was never given access to beta, but my logins get me into the beta site now. haven't tried to download the client yet though.

"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account. "

We're all getting the same, he just had the beta already.
 Leviathan.Xya
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-09-01 05:18:56  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

A later "date", huh?

Nvidia.

I've been doing some googling inbetween synths... but I'm just lost =/ That little 3:00am in the corner of my toolbar could have something to do with that...

Edit: OK... I see why I was confused now... just needed to click a little farther down...
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-01 05:20:21  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Asura.Majae said:
Asura.Halloween said:

So how do we other ppl get the codes then?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:22:34  
Leviathan.Xya said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

A later "date", huh?

Nvidia.

I've been doing some googling inbetween synths... but I'm just lost =/ That little 3:00am in the corner of my toolbar could have something to do with that...

Edit: OK... I see why I was confused now... just needed to click a little farther down...

Sorry I have no idea. I'd suggest re-downloading the newest drivers though if I was you.
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Asura.Majae said:
Asura.Halloween said:

So how do we other ppl get the codes then?

When the beta goes live, when we sign up for it we'll get emailed a code.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 06:01:45  
I'm fairly certain we'll know a date by today or tomorrow
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:04:12  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
I'm fairly certain we'll know a date by today or tomorrow

I'm assuming today. The bug has been ironed out apparently and now we're just waiting for a re-schedule.

I reckon they'll re-schedule for tomorrow, but let us know today

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!

XD
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 06:19:47  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alright, I've updated it as much as I can tonight I think. The 1.2GB patch is going to take 3 hours since apparently my upload rate is limited by my host (to 100 kb/s). It'll be quicker to torrent it for now. Hopefully I can adjust these settings, otherwise it will defeat the entire purpose of having the page.
The 1.2GB patch file is now available to download from my website above.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 06:25:53  
Krizz you don't mind if I give your link to a friend do you? he's having trouble downloading as well ;;
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:26:18  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alright, I've updated it as much as I can tonight I think. The 1.2GB patch is going to take 3 hours since apparently my upload rate is limited by my host (to 100 kb/s). It'll be quicker to torrent it for now. Hopefully I can adjust these settings, otherwise it will defeat the entire purpose of having the page.
The 1.2GB patch file is now available to download from my website above.

Ok that's awesome, /favourites
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:29:44  
SE is under maintenance again, good sign maybe?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 06:30:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Could be /excited
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:31:02  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Could be /excited

Lol my exact sentiment. Well it can't be that long at least, otherwise the beta will be pointless with a 22nd release.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 06:32:39  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Could be /excited

Lol my exact sentiment. Well it can't be that long at least, otherwise the beta will be pointless with a 22nd release.

Yeah, i'm sure if they only had that 1 bug and if they got it fixed already then they should in theory be able to just release the keys today.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 216 217 218