users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 216 217 218
 Cerberus.Yachiruu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Yachiruu 2010-09-16 21:10:52  
Krizz can you help me out pls, I replaced my Video card which was the reason I kept getting error message. So now I downloaded the latest Beta Client and the 2 patched to a seperate folder. I installed the client and ran it for the first time, before I could close it per Step3 it downloaded itself so fast. I closed it anyways and Installed the first patch and reran it till I got the download message again and closed it again. I Installed the last 2 patches and reran it, what it does now is "Doanloading version update files please wait" file: h2010.08.30.2000 {1/2} but its been at 0.0% for a while now? I followed the updated guide accordingly

EDIT: damn just realized this thing is downloading the big file. It says 26hrs left. How can i get by that?
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-16 21:19:20  
Make sure you put it in the right folder. Also, make sure you save it somewhere else then COPY it into the folder it belongs in for the updater to see.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 03:05:01  
Ifrit
Titan
:D
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-17 03:05:16  
Can someone please explain to me why I can't do a level 0 synth on leatherworking but I can do level 2? It makes no sense ><. I'm trying to make sheap leather from the skin I just farmed and I can't frikkin do it!!!
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-17 03:06:04  
and WHOA where did you see those at?! Well I mean... duh but ... I have never seen them in Thanalan!!!
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 03:07:26  
Asura.Tristean said:
and WHOA where did you see those at?! Well I mean... duh but ... I have never seen them in Thanalan!!!

I think someone dat swapped them in lol. They look cool though.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-17 03:09:25  
oh... man... I thought that was seriousness.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 03:10:22  
They are in the dats, and are fightable... just not right now XD

There was a giant goat too.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 07:15:12  
Quote:
Thank you for your participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

The Open Beta Test will end at 17:00 (PDT) on Sunday Sep. 19, 2010. Following the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV, please uninstall the beta client “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version”.

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the Operating System will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Can you put this on the first page please Krizz.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-17 07:22:23  
Done, Flion.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 07:30:59  
Cheers Krizz ^^
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-17 07:34:09  
Needs me a pearl on Trabia once I'm done updating!
 Ifrit.Cesarl
サーバ: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2010-09-17 08:16:05  
SE should make the Chinese and Irish join the same server.
By Darkwizard 2010-09-17 09:17:49  
Asura.Tristean said:
Can someone please explain to me why I can't do a level 0 synthesis on leather working but I can do level 2? It makes no sense ><. I'm trying to make sheep leather from the skin I just farmed and I can't frikkin do it!!!

To answer your question. First of all some those synthesis listed as lvl 0 are a lot higher. Reason for them to put lvl 0 is just to get the recipe out there so ppl can try them. There even some lvl 0 weaver ones i can't even do at lvl 12.

Secondly some those recipe require u get some books to do them. To get Books u need Guild marks. Only way i know of to to get guild marks is to do lvl 20+ guild leves.

Thirdly u may just need to get support from the guild base on what the recipe ask for.
Hope this helps explain some of the crafting a little
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-17 10:00:16  

Oh my god I can't wait to kill those
By Darkwizard 2010-09-17 10:30:07  
Hey Guys Does any1 else get Lobby server error when trying to log on Time 11:25am EST. All those server status site say all servers are up
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-17 10:50:24  
Flionheart said:
Quote:
Thank you for your participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

The Open Beta Test will end at 17:00 (PDT) on Sunday Sep. 19, 2010. Following the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV, please uninstall the beta client “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version”.

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the Operating System will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Can you put this on the first page please Krizz.

Errr is it posible to change the language setting of the OS? I wouldn't like it to install the game in a different language for me Dx
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-17 11:11:48  
Oh nvm, I solved it.
 Valefor.Cloudxi
サーバ: Valefor
user: Cloudxi
By Valefor.Cloudxi 2010-09-17 16:21:32  

ewwww side by side view!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 17:51:40  
Anyone ran into these yet? WTF are they?

Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-17 18:01:51  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

They're one of XIV's beastmen tribes. Fli and I thought they might live in the volcano there, but it's off limits for now. :/
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 18:04:41  
Asura.Kowen said:

They're one of XIV's beastmen tribes. Fli and I thought they might live in the volcano there, but it's off limits for now. :/

Damn that Norman!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 18:08:12  
I was pretty high up on the map above Skull Valley, just a bit east of Camp Iron something.. Was exploring <_< I ran up to it to get pics, I guess they aggro by sound cuz he had just moved around and stood still and I approached him from the back and he still turned and killed me.
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-17 18:13:33  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
So I've got my desktop computer up and running after my upgrades. I am running the game on nearly max settings (shadows are normal instead of highest. buffer is resolution instead of double). I get minimal lag. I'm going to lower the settings a tad to get back to the point where I have zero lag (default settings didn't lag one bit).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Penitum Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.06GHz (clocks at 3.1)

Hows your new rig holding up? Don't make me feel guilty for encouraging you to blow your allowance all in 1 go :p

My mate just got a brand-spanking-new 460 today, the 1GB edition. Downloaded the beta drivers, then overclocked it a little. It's a beast.

By Flionheart 2010-09-17 18:15:27  
I'm totally upgrading my rig around jan feb, I've got to save up but it'll be worth it. I love my PC now and it can run XIV on max settings with 40-60 fps, but I want moar!

(Plus my mum needs a new PC and this PC is a perfect birthday present)
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-17 18:21:56  
Those are effing scary...

edit: I miss the cute goblins ; ;
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-17 18:25:59  
Flionheart said:
Asura.Kowen said:

Damn that Norman!
I have a pic of the ones in the Thanalan region here somewhere if I can find it. Very reminiscent of Mamool Ja.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 18:26:52  
I heard there are Yagudo like beastmen around the Black Shroud.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 18:36:36  
Quote:
We would like to take this moment to provide details on the preparation for the official service of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

- Official Service Launch Date
At 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, early access to the Realm of Eorzea will begin. The official service is scheduled to begin on Sep. 30, 2010.
* Along with the start of early access, the download of client patch will become available.

- Official Launch of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone"
Before the launch of early access, which is scheduled for 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, the official players' site "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" will become available. "The Lodestone" is scheduled to become available at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.
All the news, topics and version update details on FINAL FANTASY XIV will be posted on "The Lodestone."

The URL of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" is: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

* As of now, the players' site is only available to certain beta testers. However, it will become available to all users starting at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.

- Uninstallation of the Beta Client After the Completion of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test After the Open Beta Test comes to an end, please uninstall the client software "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version."

* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

- Worlds Available Upon the Launch
The following worlds will be available upon the start of the early access that is scheduled for Sep. 21, 2010.

Cornelia
Kashuan
Gysahl
Mysidia
Istory
Figaro
Wutai
Trabia
Lindblum
Besaid
Selbina
Rabanastre
Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia
Saronia
Fabul

* Depending on the server population, new worlds may be added.
* If server congestion occurs, character creation may temporarily become unavailable.

- Transferring Character Names to the Official Release Participants of the Open Beta Test will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.

* Upon the transfer of the character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the open beta yest.
*If the character name has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
* After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferable.

-Transferring Character Appearance to the Official Release During the open beta test, saving a character’s data at the time of its creation will allow you to create a character with the same appearance in the commercial release of the game.
* Data on character appearance will be saved under My Documents. Please be aware that the transfer cannot be done if the My Documents directory is deleted. Uninstalling the beta client "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" will not cause the data saved in My Documents to be deleted.

- Reminder to the Players Who Have Purchased "FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition"
Upon the start of early access to the Realm of Eorzea, server congestion on the Square Enix Account Management System is expected. By completing the following process on Square Enix Account Management System, you will be able to smoothly begin your adventure.

1. Register Square Enix Account Beforehand For those of you who have not obtained a Square Enix account, please click here and complete the registration process.

2. Selecting the Payment Method
Square Enix Crysta can be selected as the payment method for monthly service fees.
*Additional payment methods will become available after the Square Enix Account Management System maintenance, which will be completed between Sep. 20, 2010 from 19:00 to 23:00 (PDT).

- Transferal of FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name to FINAL FANTASY XIV When creating a new FINAL FANTASY XIV character, FINAL FANTASY XI players’ character names will be prioritized. The character’s name will become “Given Name: the Player Character’s name in FINAL FANTASY XI” + “Surname: the name of the Player Character’s World.”

* Please note that you will not be able to transfer your Player Character name in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to transfer Player Character names by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been canceled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
- If there are no FINAL FANTASY XI characters on the linked PlayOnline ID.
* If you have recently created a character, transferred Worlds, or used the Character Reactivation Service on FINAL FANTASY XI, it may take some time before you can transfer your Player Character name to FINAL FANTASY XIV.
* Users can create characters with new names, regardless of whether a PlayOnline ID is linked or not.

- In-Game Bonus Items
→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product. To register an item code, please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System (https://secure.squar...ix.com/account/)
2. Select the "Select Service" option under "Service and Options"
3. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV," and then "Add a service account"
4. Enter the corresponding item code, and then select "Next"

* The in-game bonus item will apply to the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account once the registration is complete.
* When you create a character on the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, the character will start off with the in-game bonus item in possession. Please note that characters created prior to the registration of the item code(s) will not receive the in-game bonus item, so make sure you register the code prior to the creation process.

→ Perks for Simultaneous Players of Both FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV If a PlayOnline ID with an active FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID is linked to a Square Enix account with a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, all new characters created on that FINAL FANTASY XIV service account will start out possessing an in-game bonus item.

* Please note that you will not be able to receive a special in-game item in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to receive the in-game item by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been cancelled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.

Could you front page this too Krizz, when you get a chance?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 18:46:57  
Has anyone yet linked their XI and XIV accounts so that they can get the XI bonus item? If so, how'd you go about doing it?
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 216 217 218