First Page 2 3 ... 216 217 218
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-29 22:08:31  
oh, my bad lol, i meant to say ps3 closed beta wont start til after PC release
By Zekko 2010-08-30 09:44:13  
If you have the client, you have to re download a 4gb file even if you were in the closed beta. Better get doing it now before the OB starts ;p
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 09:46:02  
Zekko said:
If you have the client, you have to re download a 4gb file even if you were in the closed beta. Better get doing it now before the OB starts ;p

Ooh, we can download it now?!
By Zekko 2010-08-30 09:49:33  
Erm well if you have the cilent yes ;p If not you will have to wait for SE to release it or get it from a torrent site
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 09:51:16  
Zekko said:
Erm well if you have the cilent yes ;p If not you will have to wait for SE to release it or get it from a torrent site

Nice nice, I've got the client... Did you get decent speeds at all?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-30 09:52:29  
Zekko said:
Is it from the automatic update screen or do you have to go to a website to re-download it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Zekko 2010-08-30 09:53:34  
I'm DL'ing it now. Its averaging around 50kb, occasionally jumps to 100 then goes down again
By Zekko 2010-08-30 09:54:31  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Zekko said:
Is it from the automatic update screen or do you have to go to a website to re-download it?

When you start the cilent it automatically starts updating, if thats what you meant
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-30 09:57:00  
Asura.Halloween said:
i'm just about done. got 15 minutes to go. It's from the auto updater.

There's still no news of how one gets into open beta, for all you losers that didn't get into closed ;-p

There is talk that it's a limited open and they're sending out more codes, so check your email address! Otherwise, check the SE account management site and see if you can add the service without a code at some point.

Good luck.

I'd imagine it will be totally open because I got an newsletter email from SE that said:

"Get your PC up and running, because the open beta is just around the corner! To receive all the latest updates, click on VISIT SITE and register for the official FINAL FANTASY XIV newsletter. Also, make sure you check out the latest trailer in the MEDIA section."
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-30 10:01:00  
Zekko said:
Thanks for the notice. I remote desktop'd to my home pc and started the update :D
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-30 10:04:11  
Zekko said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Zekko said:

When you start the cilent it automatically starts updating, if thats what you meant
ok good.
i'm ready for FFXIV beta then =3

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-30 10:18:56  
so the closed beta downloader will be the same thing for the open? still downloading mine (stopped it a few times to focus my internets on other stuff lol)

gonna take forever ~.~
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 10:39:06  
This is a welcome surprise. Hopefully it won't be too rough to get started tomorrow.
By Zekko 2010-08-30 10:55:07  
Mistake on my post before, the patch is 1.23gb for closed beta users, people that didnt have the cilent during the CB DL a 4gb patch.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-08-30 11:01:40  
Anyone know where you can find the client torrent?
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-30 11:24:07  
Zekko said:
Mistake on my post before, the patch is 1.23gb for closed beta users, people that didnt have the cilent during the CB DL a 4gb patch.

You keep saying the client, is that the 'Final Fansty XIV beta version'?
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
Anyone know where you can find the client torrent?

The link for a torrent is on the first page.
By Zekko 2010-08-30 11:27:35  
Yes :< By cilent i mean Final Fansty XIV beta version. Cilent is just easier to write :p
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-30 11:41:50  
Zekko said:
Yes :< By cilent i mean Final Fansty XIV beta version. Cilent is just easier to write :p

-Insert big 'FUUUUUUUU' face here.- Great, mneans I likely won't be able to run it at all with this comp..
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 11:45:09  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Zekko said:

-Insert big 'FUUUUUUUU' face here.- Great, mneans I likely won't be able to run it at all with this comp..
Did you try the beta and couldn't play or are you going off of the benchmark?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-30 12:04:40  
Once I download the update files (I used outside torrent prgram%) where do I stick them?

I know where the XIV folder is in program files, just ... confused lol.
By Zekko 2010-08-30 12:21:51  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Once I download the update files (I used outside torrent prgram%) where do I stick them?

I know where the XIV folder is in program files, just ... confused lol.

I forget >_< But im sure it goes in Patches or something, probably best to look on google
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-30 12:53:25  
sooooooooo what is the registration code to get the beta?
 Asura.Majae
サーバ: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-08-30 12:58:46  
Asura.Halloween said:
lol, majae was probably invited to closed beta and didn't know it.

Maybe, I'm so busy I hardly check emails. Could have gone in a junk folder and I never noticed. :)

However, i never was asked for a registration code.

Hah.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-30 13:32:05  
So anyone care to help me? been looking through the folders for xiv and I still can't figure out where to put the patch folders and all the stuff I downloaded with the torrent :/

*rereads thread*

I feel stupid asking such a silly question xD.
 Bahamut.Slingblayde
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Slingblayde 2010-08-30 13:37:24  
If you d/l it through their client, make sure you forward the proper port in your router, I had my IP in the DMZ and I wasnt getting any remote connections still. When I forwarded the proper port my d/l speed jumped up significantly. Upwards of 750k/sec.
I forget what port to forward, but it is listed in the config GUI that you can open in the start menu. Something like port 55926.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-30 13:45:32  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Zekko said:

Um.. I tried the beta when it was closed still, and also the benchmark. Neither even OPEN. they crash before they open, and now that means no patches which means no open beta for me. ^^;
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 13:48:41  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Zekko said:

Um.. I tried the beta when it was closed still, and also the benchmark. Neither even OPEN. they crash before they open, and now that means no patches which means no open beta for me. ^^;
Well that sucks. They should at least OPEN even if you don't have the hardware to play the game.