users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 216 217 218
 Alexander.Miradj
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Miradj 2010-09-01 07:13:50  
Wouldnt that be 10pm EST, not 9? 19:00 = 7pm, 3 hour diff between est/pst?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:16:06  
/does some math
19:00 (PDT)
that's 7:00PM PDT

yeah it is 10PM EDT
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 07:16:26  
Alexander.Miradj said:
Aye. I edited my post when I went back and read. I thought he said CST.
 Alexander.Miradj
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2010-09-01 07:22:20  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alexander.Miradj said:
Aye. I edited my post when I went back and read. I thought he said CST.

Oh ok thanks, I thought I was going insane. I once lived somewhere (Indiana) that didn't participate in Daylight Savings Time like the rest of the timezone and I've been semi-confused ever since.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:27:40  
Stupid stupid stupid beta installer. It requires 12 GB on the drive that contains the My Documents folder. That is super *** gay. What about those of us who only have a 15 gig partition for our window's install and and related files and the rest on another partition? Ah, i hate this.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 07:28:35  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Stupid stupid stupid beta installer. It requires 12 GB on the drive that contains the My Documents folder. That is super *** gay. What about those of us who only have a 15 gig partition for our window's install and and related files and the rest on another partition? Ah, i hate this.

That sucks ; ; Anything you can do about it?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:34:38  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Yea i'll just have to resize my partition, and that means i'll have to raid my brand new 1.5TB to my windows partition....GDI i *** hate when software companies do this ***. Elders scrolls *** loved doing this before Morrowind.

in other sad sad sad news
FFXIV said:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 2!

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT).

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

Thats sept 2nd now. Read em and weep boys.....
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:36:32  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Yea i'll just have to resize my partition, and that means i'll have to raid my brand new 1.5TB to my windows partition....GDI i *** hate when software companies do this ***. Elders scrolls *** loved doing this before Morrowind.

FFXIV said:

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT).

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

LOL

look at the timezone silly
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 07:36:52  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Umm... with file sizes these days, I wouldn't recommend anything below 60GB for a OS drive.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 07:36:57  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

FFXIV said:

GMT bro, don't worry about it lol. It will be sept 2nd GMT.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:41:07  
yep i fail....my skepticism got the best of me. Oh well my brand spanking new i3 isn't in yet, so i can't play if it wanted to...
By Zekko 2010-09-01 07:42:05  
Thank god!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:42:19  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
yep i fail....my skepticism got the best of me. Oh well my brand spanking new i3 isn't in yet, so i can't play if it wanted to...
/comfort
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:42:40  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Umm... with file sizes these days, I wouldn't recommend anything below 60GB for a OS drive.

Fair enough, my computer was hand assembled in 2004, so its outdated as ***. 350Gigs cost me $110. I'm just now getting around to ramping it back up
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:44:48  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Fair enough, my computer was hand assembled in 2004, so its outdated as ***. 350Gigs cost me $110. I'm just now getting around to ramping it back up
You might as well buy a new PC
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:44:55  
Im trying to log into the SE account management site and it keeps saying my password is invaild, and i just rest it. Is this a part of the whole "its down" thing.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:45:49  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Im trying to log into the SE account management site and it keeps saying my password is invaild, and i just rest it. Is this a part of the whole "its down" thing.
Did you use the resetted pw?

and are you on the right one?
there's 3 versions: JP, NA and EU
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 07:45:52  
Wouldn't you think they would put the client installer back up? Not that it matters to me, but you know, for those people that didn't get it (poor souls ... have to sit through that horible update >.>)

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 07:46:19  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

When my laptop came in (250GB), I simply split it in half for OS/Data. My desktops at home have 500GB HDs in them. I can't remember what I set for the OS partition size, but I have 2 1TB external HDs for data storage.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:47:12  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Wouldn't you think they would put the client installer back up? Not that it matters to me, but you know, for those people that didn't get it (poor souls ... have to sit through that horible update >.>)

Could always link them to flion's website =P
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 07:47:29  

You mean this one?

Edit: Flion's site appears to be down.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 07:48:43  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

You might as well buy a new PC

Pretty much did. Swipped my roomates GeForce 810GTX
GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz Dual-Core
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

Should arrive in a day or two.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 07:51:19  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

You mean this one?

Didn't check it since i downloaded it and gave it to a few people for them to download.

Did S-E finally catch him?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 07:52:41  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

You mean this one?

Well yeah, but I mean on the actual XIV page :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 07:55:36  
Cair took the site down because an official download came up.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 08:08:06  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cair took the site down because an official download came up.
Makes sense until the part where it went back down, lol.

Edit: If it comes back up, let me know. I'd like to link to it as a mirror.
 Phoenix.Nexen
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Arion
By Phoenix.Nexen 2010-09-01 08:12:50  
Spent all night downloading files. Now I'm sitting here with the following on my desktop:

1. Shortcut to FINAL FANTASY XIV BETA VERSION
2. Folder with the following:
ffxiv-beta->bca2a8ae->metainfo/vercheck.dat/patch->D2010.08.30.2000
->d96437e6->metainfo/vercheck.dat/patch->H2010.08.30.2000

Can anyone tell me step by step what to do?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-01 08:15:01  
Phoenix.Nexen said:
Spent all night downloading files. Now I'm sitting here with the following on my desktop:

1. Shortcut to FINAL FANTASY XIV BETA VERSION
2. Folder with the following:
ffxiv-beta->bca2a8ae->metainfo/vercheck.dat/patch->D2010.08.30.2000
->d96437e6->metainfo/vercheck.dat/patch->H2010.08.30.2000

Can anyone tell me step by step what to do?
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
If you downloaded the beta client yesterday from the FFXIV website, you will need the updates listed under 'open beta client'.

If you downloaded .RAR file yesterday that was posted in the other thread (and linked from my site), then you will need the 'closed beta client' updates.
I downloaded it from flion's website and updated it once overnight on Sunday -> Monday.
I still need that latest update tho right (the 8/30 ish one that wouldn't download)
My location is: C:\Users\Krizz\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

You'll have two folders. Each one has a metainfo and patch folder. Metainfo has the torrents. Patch has the actual patch files. See which you have a torrent for but not a patch. Then you can download the patch from my site and drop it into the correct folder.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 08:31:15  
Thanks Krizz, I hate trying to explain ***to people :/
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 216 217 218