フォーラム » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 216 217 218
 Ramuh.Mairah
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-02 09:25:21  
And I got up early for this ***. D: lol now I have to find something to do. Also I lol'd at this:

"FFXIV is down for maintence while the japanese retire to bed. the test will start again when us japanese wake up at around 11am"

Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 09:25:35  
Ok this is just a warning in case people have the same issue I had above. If you use MSE, make sure you exclude the FFXIV Beta folder from its scans and it should install just fine.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-02 09:27:07  
Ramuh.Mairah said:
And I got up early for this ***. D: lol now I have to find something to do. Also I lol'd at this:

"FFXIV is down for maintence while the japanese retire to bed. the test will start again when us japanese wake up at around 11am"

*yawn* morning! just woke up also to try again x.x god damn it another update
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-02 09:28:26  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:

*yawn* morning! just woke up also to try again x.x god damn it another update

D: I was hoping since I didn't get the chance last night, I would be able to play this morning.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2010-09-02 09:31:12  
Update wasn't long. Got into the game, made my character, started off. Bilonn Raolas in Gridania on Wutai. Got through the first few events, started out, killed a couple of critters, and got R0.

Now I'm getting lobby errors again...
13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 1015

Checking FFXIV-Status
...all servers went down.
By Kanjirou 2010-09-02 09:33:24  
Unable to access server for version check.

Weeeeee~~~~~
 Odin.Rishimishi
サーバ: Odin
user: tavetc
By Odin.Rishimishi 2010-09-02 09:34:14  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kanjirou said:
Ok what the heck?

I finished downloading the big file (4.7 GB) through torrent and then moved it into the patch folder (\d96437e6\patch\) but for some reason, when I start the client up, instead of installing the patch ... it starts downloading that very file. Again. Like I don't have it.

I tried moving it to the other patch folder (\bca2a8ae\patch\) and I get the same result.

It's like it's not even recognizing it.
It might just be downloading the patch information and not the patch itself. Put it in the correct folder and let it run for a bit.

depending on where your torrent is saving the file

I saved the torrent to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

but my torrent created
C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

once I moved the file to the Document directory and reran the updater it all went fine
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-02 09:34:36  
http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=902&la=1
prolly easiest place to see wtf is going on
 Asura.Kataoka
サーバ: Asura
user: Kataoka
By Asura.Kataoka 2010-09-02 09:35:44  
I'm still trying to get my beta key... It says "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again." Does anyone know when they'll start accepting applications again?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-02 09:35:49  
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Well son of a bish... I finally get to play, and I get kicked off cuz they have maintenance. Those skanks.
Same.

I needed to adjust my config anyway. I lowered the display settings but it's still laggy for me.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2010-09-02 09:36:49  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Well son of a bish... I finally get to play, and I get kicked off cuz they have maintenance. Those skanks.
Same. I needed to adjust my config anyway. I lowered the display settings but it's still laggy for me.

You can adjust some of the settings under the Config menu in game.

Edit: When the game is up... which isn't often.
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-02 09:38:56  
I wanna use my gamepad when it come back up. Tou said his was working.. I wanna try it out.
 Pandemonium.Evilprince
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Evilprince 2010-09-02 09:39:09  
I just woke up and noticed krizz put the 2 updates on here, i'm babrely awake and maybe overlooking things, but where exactly do i save the updates to?
 Lakshmi.Septroth
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2010-09-02 09:39:10  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Sucks.. I got code but no matter what I do. I can't even open the ffxiv PoL thingy up.. Crashes everytime I try.. =[

ill take your key square told me to *** off again
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 09:39:22  
Extended draw distance and particle effects are the main ones in-game that you can adjust. If you're getting serious lag make sure you turn off Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion in the Config outside of the game itself. It GREATLY improves performance if your rig can't handle it.

Mine can handle the depth of field but it bogs down far too much with both Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion on.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-02 09:40:18  
Leviathan.Bilonn said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Same. I needed to adjust my config anyway. I lowered the display settings but it's still laggy for me.

You can adjust some of the settings under the Config menu in game.

Edit: When the game is up... which isn't often.
I did. Had to adjust the ones out of game.
Ramuh.Mairah said:
I wanna use my gamepad when it come back up. Tou said his was working.. I wanna try it out.
My PS2 controller is working. Guess I'll go buy a PS3 controller this weekend.
Pandemonium.Evilprince said:
I just woke up and noticed krizz put the 2 updates on here, i'm babrely awake and maybe overlooking things, but where exactly do i save the updates to?
http://tehkrizz.net/guide.asp

Just skip down to the part about saving updates.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 09:44:21  
Well I made this char for shits and giggles, but it's not my main lol

[+]
 Titan.Oxygen
サーバ: Titan
user: Oxygen
By Titan.Oxygen 2010-09-02 09:44:27  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Same.

I needed to adjust my config anyway. I lowered the display settings but it's still laggy for me.

Krizz if you happen to get a fix for this reducing alot of the lag please lemme know via PM or this thread. Noticed harsh lag as well about a 1-2sec delay on actions.
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-02 09:44:43  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=902&la=1
prolly easiest place to see wtf is going on

Or beta test site
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 09:45:12  
Just thought I'd share this with people real quick. It lists the current status of the FFXIV servers. Updates every 5 minutes. :)
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-02 09:45:22  
Well isn't he just sexy. I didn't get the chance to screenshot mine D: I think I might remake her anyways, didn't like the face stripes as much in game.
 Titan.Oxygen
サーバ: Titan
user: Oxygen
By Titan.Oxygen 2010-09-02 09:46:01  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Extended draw distance and particle effects are the main ones in-game that you can adjust. If you're getting serious lag make sure you turn off Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion in the Config outside of the game itself. It GREATLY improves performance if your rig can't handle it.

Mine can handle the depth of field but it bogs down far too much with both Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion on.

These are turned off by default right?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 09:46:54  
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Well isn't he just sexy. I didn't get the chance to screenshot mine D: I think I might remake her anyways, didn't like the face stripes as much in game.

Lol thanks. I'm going to have a Roegadyn as my main char, but I was looking through all the races. I literally spend hours making characters lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 09:47:08  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
BRODER!
As soon as the maintenance is over I'll hop on and look for ya. I'll be starting with main in Ul'dah but I'll start another in Gridania to see which I like better, lol.

Titan.Oxygen said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

These are turned off by default right?
They're supposed to be but it never hurts to check. Otherwise tweak your shadows/textures settings and you should be fine.
 Carbuncle.Khane
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Khane
By Carbuncle.Khane 2010-09-02 09:47:14  
anyone know where the armorsmith guild is in ff14? >.>;
 Ramuh.Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-02 09:47:45  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:

Lol thanks. I'm going to have a Roegadyn as my main char, but I was looking through all the races. I literally spend hours making characters lol.

I love character customization. Its so fun!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 09:48:57  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
BRODER!
As soon as the maintenance is over I'll hop on and look for ya. I'll be starting with main in Ul'dah but I'll start another in Gridania to see which I like better, lol.

Lol woot. You can save char templates so I'll do the same lol. I'm going to start as a Marauder I think. Archer was meh, Pugilist is cool but I've played Monk enough... lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 09:49:37  
Ramuh.Mairah said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:

I love character customization. Its so fun!

Same, it's what I was looking forward to most with this game lol.

Also I lol'd at the Roegadyn hitler tash XD
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 09:49:56  
Pugilist/Lancer/Gladiator are by far my favorites. Lancer will probably be my #1 again. I love it too much.
 Bismarck.Skyspear
サーバ: Bismarck
user: UberYuber
By Bismarck.Skyspear 2010-09-02 09:49:58  
Anyone know when we get a chance at the Beta key again? (hate myself for goin' to sleep last night)
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 216 217 218