users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 216 217 218
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-02 16:25:42  
I love it how you guys are all playing it as if it were the actual game instead of doing what Beta Tests are supposed to be used for, aka, finding all the bugs before release. (happens in every MMO beta and release too)
 Bismarck.Naeo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-02 16:26:37  
Fighting with the servers to get a key is annoying. well, more like spamming the thing because key issuing is suspended....SE, we hate you ; ;
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-02 16:27:10  
im probly gonna get a key on the 21st
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-02 16:28:41  
Everytime I try to log in to the site, and I see the green 'secure' bar, I get all happy for a split second, then I hit the "no key for you!!11! LULZ!!!" page and get sad again :(
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-02 16:28:56  
-shrug- it's the first day of open beta. this is to be expected. i just wanna test it out to see if i even wanna keep my pre-order or get my money back XD
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-02 16:30:56  
i bet if i were to apply as JP tester i'd get a key right away
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-02 16:31:11  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Fli what server are you on? I'm boredzzz

Trabia ^^

Trabia!!

I think I'll make a chara there. Then you can teach me the error of my ways!
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-02 16:31:48  
This system sucks.. Would it really of been too much to ask that everyone currently with a FFXI account could just download the XIV client and login? -.-;;
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-02 16:32:14  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
I love it how you guys are all playing it as if it were the actual game instead of doing what Beta Tests are supposed to be used for, aka, finding all the bugs before release. (happens in every MMO beta and release too)

I love it how ppl here think that it will be a completely different game by the time it comes out. Its two weks from release. They arent specifically looking for little system bugs now, their testing their servers with large volumes of ppl and looking for big errors. The game drops in about 2 weeks, this is pretty much what the game will be.
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-02 16:34:10  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

I love it how ppl here think that it will be a completely different game by the time it comes out. Its two weks from release. They arent specifically looking for little system bugs now, their testing their servers with large volumes of ppl and looking for big errors. The game drops in about 2 weeks, this is pretty much what the game will be.

It doesn't necesarily mean that, they usually print the game earlier, they don't include the fixes on the retail, and just force you to patch at release.
 Bahamut.Xiza
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xiza
By Bahamut.Xiza 2010-09-02 16:34:59  
khane about the guildmarks in the previous beta they came randomly from guildleves usually the lvl 20 ones
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-02 16:35:10  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

It doesn't necesarily mean that, they usually print the game earlier, they don't include the fixes on the retail, and just force you to patch at release.

yep, but point is this is how the game will be. so if its crap now, it will be just the same then.
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-02 16:35:25  
It'd have been a smarter way to give out keys if SE gave you a key in an email. be like "You asked to be part of the beta, here's your open beta key, enjoy!"

how's the game play so far. i've been hearing alot of bad things 'bout it lately that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. so i'm hoping it's exaggerated, or horribly explained >_>;
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-02 16:35:45  
it actually isnt all that bad

i did find large areas with no mobs at all
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 16:36:20  
Good game is good.

Call me a white knight or not, I don't particularly care, I'm going to go try out Gridania.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 16:37:22  
Because changing a game is impossible. I mean we also had level sync in FFXI.

There's nothing nearly as bad in XIV as the standard party level system in XI on release.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-02 16:38:16  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
What city did you start in?
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 16:39:01  
Visually speaking Gridania is the most impressive, followed closely by Ul'dah's architecture. Gridania is definitely the most taxing in terms of GPU load lol. I lag tiny bit in there but its still runs well. I will admit I enjoyed the Gridania opening CS the most though.

SS soon to follow.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-02 16:41:17  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

yep, but point is this is how the game will be. so if its crap now, it will be just the same then.

For sure it wont have any ground breaking changes such as combat, but the glitches and some performance issues can still be fixed on this period.

I think the game is very fun, but I dislike some issues like the mouse pointer and few things on the UI, that might be barable now but as time goes on, it can get annoying.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-02 16:43:03  
The UI is literally the worst UI ive ever seen in a game
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 16:43:05  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Visually speaking Gridania is the most impressive, followed closely by Ul'dah's architecture. Gridania is definitely the most taxing in terms of GPU load lol. I lag tiny bit in there but its still runs well. I will admit I enjoyed the Gridania opening CS the most though.

SS soon to follow.

Same here. I agree completely.

My game just crashed XD
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-02 16:45:19  
Starting in that place made me want to delete the beta. I like forest type places but it was too much like windy lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-02 16:45:58  
Just outside the Adventurer's Guild in Gridania:
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-02 16:47:01  
Congratulations. Quit bitching and let others see for themselves. If they don't like it, they wont play.

Complaining isn't being noble and trying to save people time.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2010-09-02 16:47:35  
Give me a key damn it D<
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-02 16:48:59  
got pugalist to level 4 but decided to try conjurer. how do you restore MP?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-02 16:49:56  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Congratulations. Quit bitching and let others see for themselves. If they don't like it, they wont play.

Congratulations. Block me if you dont like what i say. If you don't like it, dont read it.
[+]
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-02 16:50:11  
One thing that makes me wonder about the physical level, what if you went full Melee atributes, are you screwed if you switch to a caster? and since reseting only allows you to relocate 3 points per day?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-02 16:50:58  
Caitsith.Linear said:

I've never understood why people stating their own opinion always has to be countered with someone telling them to shut up.

If he would have siad, "The UI is horrid, no one else should like this game because of it." then that would have been different.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-02 16:51:35  
some parts of the game remind me of ffxii
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 216 217 218