Glitches, Problems, Etc (For People IN THE BETA)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Glitches, problems, etc (For people IN THE BETA)
Glitches, problems, etc (For people IN THE BETA)
First Page 2 3 4
By Fouludragon 2010-09-03 17:32:00  
Simply post your problems you're experiencing in the game. So far I have experienced the following:

>When exploring outside of town interacting with players or monsters a rare occurrence may appear on your computer "You have encountered a problem with FFXIV needs to be closed".

>Item drop are too slow to appear often I see the message coming too late.

>Guilds, conversation options, selection choices on shops are taking too long to load or buggy.

More to come~
[+]
By Motherhuber 2010-09-03 18:19:41  
I have a new desktop with i5 and the Intel(R) HD graphics and i can't get ffxiv beta to work. I got key went thru the complete download. I start the game from the desktop shortcut and run in administrator. It goes to the log in screen, then to a screen where i have to click play. after that then i get a black screen and then a windows screen says it has to close the program. I updated my drivers for my Intel(R) HD Graphics too. Can someone help me?
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-03 18:27:41  
Motherhuber said:
I have a new desktop with i5 and the Intel(R) HD graphics and i can't get ffxiv beta to work. I got key went thru the complete download. I start the game from the desktop shortcut and run in administrator. It goes to the log in screen, then to a screen where i have to click play. after that then i get a black screen and then a windows screen says it has to close the program. I updated my drivers for my Intel(R) HD Graphics too. Can someone help me?

you need atleast a nvidia 8800gt for the game to run, srry kids but your onboard vid wont run this final fantasy
By Motherhuber 2010-09-03 18:30:40  
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Motherhuber said:
you need atleast a nvidia 8800gt for the game to run, srry kids but your onboard vid wont run this final fantasy
When i went to Best Buy to buy this pc, I said i needed it to play FFXIV and they pulled up the stats for the game and said this pc will be able to run this game. I was told the video card i have will work.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-03 18:38:14  
goin to best buy was your first mistake, srry to hear you got screwed over

edit: on a side note you are a $150 upgrade away from playin ffxiv on your new pc
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-09-03 18:46:40  
Ragnarok.Bricky said:

I can't even get to the login screen man. /sigh

The benchmark won't even run. On three different computers. Going a bit crazy here.

I was going to post this :P You managed to get further than I did. I got the error message as soon as I clicked the .exe.
Make sure your video drivers are up to date. There isn't much else you can do other than upgrading your video card or waiting for ps3 release.
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-03 18:48:51  
All I can say is:

Forest Funguar readies -.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-03 18:50:09  
i would say 99% of the problems ppl are having are because their vidcard isnt compatible. you must have a cuda capable vidcard or the game just wont run
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-03 19:02:42  
I suppose this game definitely won't run on an Intel chipset. < .<

That solves my problems.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-03 19:05:45  
Fouludragon said:
Simply post your problems you're experiencing in the game. So far I have experienced the following:

>When exploring outside of town interacting with players or monsters a rare occurrence may appear on your computer "You have encountered a problem with FFXIV needs to be closed".

>Guilds, conversation options, selection choices on shops are taking too long to load or buggy.

More to come~

also idk if open beta ppl can get to the beta test forums, but everything you posted is a known issue that is in the known issue post >.>
By Fouludragon 2010-09-04 03:32:43  
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Fouludragon said:

More to come~

also idk if open beta ppl can get to the beta test forums, but everything you posted is a known issue that is in the known issue post >.>

Yes but having one for ah forum in the general FFXIV section would be just as beneficial in every other forum site.

More to add:

>Problems with fighting interaction commands. Action gauge disappears and I cannot attack the monster at all (even while in engaged).

>Party invitation occasionally may send an invitation but will not appear on self screen of the invited player.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-04 04:34:02  
Buddy of mine can't even run or install the damn thing as it prompts him to have a requirement of windows vista service pack 2 while he currently is running Windows 7.

Unfortunately there hasn't been a solution found to this problem yet, but I'll at least make it a known issue here and hopefully results will arise in time. Otherwise we'll just have to go with the final release.
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-04 04:45:25  
I get this stupid You cant do that action at this time or something like that after I shoot a mob once or twice and Im just unable to do anything against it but i can do self buffs :s and

wtf is the battle regiment thing
 Ifrit.Keeria
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-09-04 04:51:57  
I was standing still minding my own business after a kill. Then my HP started to drop pretty rapidly. I wasn't poisoned and there were no aggressive monsters nearby. Nothing showed up at the top saying I had a negative status effect, and the damage taken wasn't appearing in the log. Finally, after about 20 seconds, I keel over dead. The chat log reads "You defeat you." I got to see that message for about two seconds though, as the game then crashed.

I lol'd.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-04 05:01:48  
Ifrit.Keeria said:
I was standing still minding my own business after a kill. Then my HP started to drop pretty rapidly. I wasn't poisoned and there were no aggressive monsters nearby. Nothing showed up at the top saying I had a negative status effect, and the damage taken wasn't appearing in the log. Finally, after about 20 seconds, I keel over dead. The chat log reads "You defeat you." I got to see that message for about two seconds though, as the game then crashed.

I lol'd.

Wow... Just wow.
This is definitely not even remotely ready for final release on the 22nd.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-09-04 05:08:22  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:

I lol'd.

Wow... Just wow.
This is definitely not even remotely ready for final release on the 22nd.
Yeah, I gave up for a few hours after that one, lol. If the crash hadn't also resulted in a failed levequest I'd have probably kept going, but I just needed a break after that.

Nice avatar by the way; Kim owns. :3
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-04 05:10:12  
Yeah. I kinda decided not to bother with the beta (especially after being rejected to the closed beta/alpha) since I rather not pre-expose myself to the game prior to it's (lol) intended final release. When it comes to MMOs, I rather not make myself jaded to something a second longer than necessarily.

Oh and yeah, saw SP vs The World just a few hours ago. Was one of the best films I've seen in a very long time :D
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-09-04 05:12:43  
I highly recommend the comics if you enjoyed the movie. They're basically the same thing with the quality and depth jacked up to 100. And humor. God, the humor.

I usually don't screw with betas, but I dunno. I was bored, I guess. And it's really not so bad other than the lag, the lack of an AH, and the weird-*** glitches.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-04 05:14:36  
Yeah. I hear it has vast improvements compared to the closed beta, but otherwise still semi buggy and clunky and not 100% ready for store shelves, but we'll just have to see what miracles SE can pull, if at all.

Oh and I was a FFXI NA beta tester; but luckily for me it was my first MMO so I had no clue what the *** I was doing, so it was still all good fun and games when the final release came about.

Gustaberg still felt like the entire world to me. Damn, I miss those days.

Oh and I most definitely intend on getting the comic series ASAP; I absolutely loved the movie.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-04 05:55:16  
A lot of the lag and clunkiness comes from the fact that all the menus are server side. At release the UI and menu's are going to be client side so there will be no log changing abilities etc.

Mouse aiming on the other hand... ugh... don't get me wrong I'm in love with the game and I was literally blown away by it... but for the love of god mouse aiming needs to be better before I die lol.

I was thinking of trying a game-pad today.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-04 06:08:14  
Ifrit.Keeria said:

I lol'd.

that is f-in hilarious.....seriously
By semimmortal 2010-09-04 06:15:10  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
I get this stupid You cant do that action at this time or something like that after I shoot a mob once or twice and Im just unable to do anything against it but i can do self buffs :s and

wtf is the battle regiment thing
Wish I can remember the site with the guide (someone's sig in FFXIVCore), but I think it has to do with skillchains (or combo, idk).

I'll try and look for it then post it in the other thread.
By semimmortal 2010-09-04 06:22:23  
Or nvm, might be better if I post it here:

http://www.ffxivstrawhats.com/info/?tid=12584

Main source: http://ffxivstrawhats.com/forums/topic/111-beta-phase-3-game-manual/
By semimmortal 2010-09-04 06:32:22  
Ugh.. wish I could edit my post.
Anyways, a more detailed guide I found in my messy bookmark list:
http://ffxivarchives.com/page/guides/_/game-mechanics/battle-regimens-r31
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-04 06:57:00  
Btw, the beta forums (which everyone in the open beta has access to) have a whole bunch of threads specifically for feedback, as well as a bug report form. Go use it.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-04 07:24:03  
Motherhuber said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Motherhuber said:
When i went to Best Buy to buy this pc, I said i needed it to play FFXIV and they pulled up the stats for the game and said this pc will be able to run this game. I was told the video card i have will work.
Odin.Moondaddy said:
goin to best buy was your first mistake, srry to hear you got screwed over

edit: on a side note you are a $150 upgrade away from playin ffxiv on your new pc

Mother.. just check out the specs on computer, and game.. Not all the time, buying cpu parts in pieces is the allround better answer. -.-

Might be something mine-ute..i'm betting maybe ram or vid card.. idk your system.. dble check, all I can say!

hmmm...=/

Blazz is right....
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-09-04 07:58:29  
Ragnarok.Bricky said:

I can't even get to the login screen man. /sigh

The benchmark won't even run. On three different computers. Going a bit crazy here.

Same problem I am having. On Vista here.
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-04 08:01:01  
Odin.Blazza said:
Btw, the beta forums (which everyone in the open beta has access to) have a whole bunch of threads specifically for feedback, as well as a bug report form. Go use it.
Quote:
UBB Message
This cannot be accessed with the current Square Enix account.

IE: We don't have access
First Page 2 3 4