Favorite Cartoons When You Were A Kid

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Favorite cartoons when you were a kid
Favorite cartoons when you were a kid
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-05 01:48:32  
I was looking at Graphjam.com... and stumbled upon this..

I loved alot of these cartoons growing up.
I wanted to start this thread because; I dont remember seeing something like this, possible I over looked it though
regardless.. what are some of your favorite cartoons growing up

**I noticed something to at the very end of the list, dexters lab/powerpuff girls.. etc.. those cartoons albeit were bought by hanna barbara, but were originally done by independent artists.. and were able to get there stuff on CN when it first came out.. found that kinda shady tho by H/B.. also without those they really have not put out an original cartoon since early 90s.. over 20yrs ago.. pretty sad!
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-05 02:00:10  
I am not sure if that was "shady" on the part of HB...after all, at the same time Nicolodeon (as a network) was farming out "Nic Toons". That had the same exact format as CN's "Cartoon Cartoons" (which brought about Dexter's Lab, Cow & Chicken, Power Puff Girls, etc.) so Nicolodeon farmed out Fairly Odd Parents, Invader Zim, Jimmy Neutron, etc.

And honestly, there was a period in the late 70's to early 80's where HB hit rock-bottom in terms of quality of show and production...during that time some cells were actually coloured in by marker pens (which, as you can imagine, look horrible today) because they were too cheap to paint them and were trying to cut so many corners. So the rebirth of the US and Canadian animation markets (fueled by Korean filler animators) in the 90's was a pretty significant step.

If not for things like Nic Toons or Cartoon Cartoons, some very amazing works (lol like Megas XLR, for me) wouldn't have had as solid a start. :p
 Siren.Maximillion
サーバ: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-05 02:01:51  
I could list tons, but there are 2 cartoons that I would still watch everyday if i could. Spongebob and Invader Zim.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-05 02:09:16  
/nostalgia ; -;
Being a bit young, the only ones I really remember are the 1993+ cartoons. My definite two favorite cartoons of all time would be Courage; The Cowardly Dog and Dexter's Lab. :> I used to watch waaaay too much tv, though, srsly. The graph is interesting, though, because I had seen almost all of the cartoons at one point or another as a child, so I guess Cartoon Network was recycling 20+ year old material when I was a kid.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-05 02:13:56  
Also, what the heck was graph's goal? I didn't really understand what trend I was supposed to be seeing. >:
 Phoenix.Jovant
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-09-05 02:31:37  
wooow... spongebob? invader zim? courage the cowardly dog?? u guys are 90's baby's... if u think thos cartoons are good you wasnt born in the era of "real" good cartoons. around the mid 90's 96-98 cartoons as we know them today are real *** bad, point blink (NOT ALL, but a gooooood majority are just plain ***). im a 80's baby so i grow up on older 50-60 cartoons which were the best, old black & white mickey mouse, loony toon series, popeye, ectect... but my favorite cartoons was gumby old pbs show ghostwriter, voltron force, thundercats hoooo lol, hmmm oooo inspector gadget, old mighty mouse, jetsons, damn i can go on forever lol... ive seen newer cartoons that my 12 year old brother looks at and cartoons of today just don t compare (to me) with older cartoons. i did like hey arnold tho intill they canceled series, first pokemon & power rangers were the ***too now they just seem like crap, and its not a "well u grow up out of it" type of thing cause i can ***and wacth some of the first episodes of power rangers and there still good
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-05 02:48:27  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Also, what the heck was graph's goal? I didn't really understand what trend I was supposed to be seeing. >:
im not really sure.. tho it is kind of interesting to see the development of characters through out the years.. especially early on.. they all seem to be almost identical types... like most of the animal characters that can talk, where hats have a shirt collar and a tie.. most have a small sidekick that is witty, and all the "spy/mystery solving groups" have a anmial that talks, a metrosexual male character, a dorky character, a cool car talking or not, a hot character and a wigged out stoner type character... very interesting lol
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-05 02:55:35  
Phoenix.Jovant said:
wooow... spongebob? invader zim? courage the cowardly dog?? u guys are 90's baby's... if u think thos cartoons are good you wasnt born in the era of "real" good cartoons. around the mid 90's 96-98 cartoons as we know them today are real *** bad, point blink (NOT ALL, but a gooooood majority are just plain ***). im a 80's baby so i grow up on older 50-60 cartoons which were the best, old black & white mickey mouse, loony toon series, popeye, ectect... but my favorite cartoons was gumby old pbs show ghostwriter, voltron force, thundercats hoooo lol, hmmm oooo inspector gadget, old mighty mouse, jetsons, damn i can go on forever lol... ive seen newer cartoons that my 12 year old brother looks at and cartoons of today just don t compare (to me) with older cartoons. i did like hey arnold tho intill they canceled series, first pokemon & power rangers were the ***too now they just seem like crap, and its not a "well u grow up out of it" type of thing cause i can ***and wacth some of the first episodes of power rangers and there still good
i 100% agree.. I was born in 79.. so i know all bout the "great cartoon era" that was the early to mid 80s.. some even late 80s early 90s two were /ok/... i almost forgot about ghostwriter.. that show was awesome, I really miss the old Nickelodeon.. pete and pete, cant do that on television, pinwheel was classic, some other stuff, i know but cant remember the name.. and then there was classic saturday moring, the ones you mentioned plus silver hawks, wheel warrior, freakin heman... transformers, turbo teen, i loved school house rock.. which really needs to make a comeback.. super nintendo power hour... the super mario bros show all that ***was simply awesome..

the shows on today, alot of them my kids watch and its all just so damn stupid, or simply gross... ed ed and eddy i wont let my kids watch cause its all fart jokes and throw up crap... some tho is ok.. ben ten is alright, and phineas and ferb is pretty good too, some nick shows are pretty good most of the stuff that CN has on during the morning and early day, is just a waste of space
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-05 02:55:58  
I'm 15 so.... idk, still a kid?

But,

Haterz gonna hate
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-05 03:07:10  
Phoenix.Jovant said:
I'm not trying to downplay your opinion or anything, but this topic is entirely subjective. I look back on the cartoons I used to watch and I still enjoy them, too. Just because I don't like the newer cartoons out there or the ones that you used to like doesn't mean they are bad, necessarily. Though I agree a lot of the newer cartoons are pretty terrible. Have you ever watched an episode of Total Drama Island? What is that ***?
 Leviathan.Lexington
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-05 03:25:08  
I think there's quite a few parts after this vid but I do remember most of them :)

[+]
 Alexander.Leostrife
サーバ: Alexander
user: Leostrife
By Alexander.Leostrife 2010-09-05 03:25:42  
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! was great, especially when Scrappy-Doo was MIA. I've enjoyed most of the 90s cartoons, and was a big Ren and Stimpy fan for awhile. Also, these two made leaving for school difficult, since the show would be halfway over when school started:

[+]
 Fenrir.Shallow
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-09-05 04:29:46  
18 so don't know if you would count me as a kid but.. I liked to watch .hack//sign alot when I was like 7-8 years old..

Hold on, Edit: I still like to watch .hack :p
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-09-05 04:31:27  
Ed, Edd, and Eddy.
 Asura.Saefinn
サーバ: Asura
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-05 04:59:53  
Danger Mouse.

I still try to watch it when I get the chance. It was funny as a child and it's still funny as an adult.

Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 05:07:46  
Asura.Saefinn said:
Danger Mouse.

I still try to watch it when I get the chance. It was funny as a child and it's still funny as an adult.

wow, you've got to be close to my age, cuz i dont even think they air that show anymore hehe...but i certainly remember it...that and it was always followed by Count Duckula lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 05:15:08  
I don't understand half these new HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE things.

Give me friggin Darkwing Duck or Animanias back
 Asura.Saefinn
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-05 06:33:18  
Count Duckula was also awesome. :)

I know that for a period, I think 2004-2005, 'Boomerang' in the UK were showing episodes of Danger Mouse but that's the only time I've ever caught it on TV since the 90s.
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-09-05 06:35:35  
I used to love DuckTales! I always wanted to go swimming in the money bin but I now realize how painful it would be jumping into a vault full of coins in a bathing suit. Growing up is hard for so many reasons..:(

I also loved Tom and Jerry, Ren and Stimpy, Animaniacs, Gummi Bears, The Super Mario Brothers Super Show (Zelda on Fridays was my favorite <3), Bobby's World, Camp Candy and all the old Hanna Barbera toons.

I really liked PPG, Samurai Jack, Dexters Lab, Johnny Bravo and Courage the Cowardly Dog as more recent cartoons go. I don't have CN anymore so I'm not really up to date with the newest ones.
 Odin.Sinharvest
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-09-05 06:43:27  
I still watch it, and I get to use my kids as an excuse.

[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-05 06:49:59  
Odin.Sinharvest said:
I still watch it, and I get to use my kids as an excuse.

I thought his name was Author for a long time. >:
 Sylph.Nanii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2010-09-05 06:51:09  
DIGIMON !!!
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-09-05 06:53:09  
Teenage muntant ninja turttles or GTFO! that and rescue rangers and darkwing duck. Lets get dangerous XD
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-05 07:02:54  
How far back are we allowed to go D:?

The Original Yu-Gi-Oh series i used to watch every morning before i left for school.

Also there was

Oh, and

Caitsith.Pythean
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Pythean
By Caitsith.Pythean 2010-09-05 07:06:19  
A classic:

By Lynxblade 2010-09-05 07:33:17  
ROCKOS MODERN LIFE FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, always loled at Heffer and Spunky
By Lynxblade 2010-09-05 07:35:07  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_R97bqYdY
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-09-05 08:36:53  
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-05 08:41:38  
Sylph.Nanii said:
DIGIMON !!!
Anime, not a cartoon, lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-05 09:29:47  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
/nostalgia ; -;
Being a bit young, the only ones I really remember are the 1993+ cartoons. My definite two favorite cartoons of all time would be Courage; The Cowardly Dog and Dexter's Lab. :> I used to watch waaaay too much tv, though, srsly. The graph is interesting, though, because I had seen almost all of the cartoons at one point or another as a child, so I guess Cartoon Network was recycling 20+ year old material when I was a kid.

you beat me to it lol but me too ^^ i loved those two shows >:)
First Page 2