日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Latent Breaking
Latent Breaking
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-27 11:41:18  
Couldn't really find an answer one way or other on this so I'll try here. When it comes to latent breaking, when you join a level-sync pt can you still earn WS points? I know the weps and gears get synced-down to current pt level, but part of me remembers reading/ hearing someplace that it's ok because you are gaining exp.

Does that make sense to anyone?
 Shiva.Ethereal
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-27 11:45:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I've heard you are still able to knock off WS points on a KSNM or trials weapon while in a level sync party, however I have yet to find confirmation on this statement.

But I figure it would work considering the only real requirements are that the mob is EP or higher to you, you can equip it and don't have allied tags.
 Bahamut.Illyst
サーバ: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2009-01-27 11:45:59  
you can
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-27 11:46:33  
From what I've read, I think its on wiki that you can do the ws points in a lvl sync but i dont think it will be a high lvl skillchain that you want for the ws points imo if the lvl sync is at lvl 21 for example. just not in campaign with tag on, so far I know.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-27 12:46:25  
You can not obtain weapon skill points if your level sync is below that of the weapon. If you're in a party where the sync is the same or above your weapon, then it will still accumulate points.

I found this out the hard way!
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-27 12:53:13  
O.oa Are you sure about that Wooooodum? I haven't tried it yet so far myself... But I've heard you can break them no matter what lvl the sync is.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-27 12:59:46  
Pretty sure. I can't think of any other circumstances why Sasuke katana wasn't breaking itself, and this was in a Level Sync of 56. I had it equipped the whole time and by the end of it, I should've been 3/4 of the way through... But not a single weapon skill had been counted, for some reason.

Might be some reason behind that, but we sure as hell couldn't figure out what. Test it and see if it's the same for you too!
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-27 13:02:28  
Ok I can definitively tell you...

You can break your latent in a level sync party. It just broke, like just now. I'm in level-sync 64 pt at the tower camp in Bhafflau Thickets.

I suppose then all that matters is that you are gaining exp. The weapon is nerfed down and since I'm over 71 (I'm actually 72 >73) I can equip it.

I hope this tidbit helps others in the future. :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-27 13:03:46  
Malekith said:
I suppose then all that matters is that you are gaining exp.

Possibly... I was on Limit Points the whole time.

I wonder why mine wasn't breaking then ;;
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-27 13:26:49  
started your quest? i hear you have to start a quest or something? mby that was the problem. I haven't unlocked a new WS via nyzle isle Weapons so mby i heard wrong.

PS. Anyone know if Dancer Thief or Bard new WS's are worth my time?

Edit: Keep in mind... I will never get a Nyzle Fully upgraded relic. If i magically fall upon millions of gil Id probably do Summoner staff anyways~
 Gilgamesh.Heavensword
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Heavensword 2009-01-27 13:27:45  
I've gotten points in Promyvion. As long as the Easy Prey + condition is met, you should be fine. The nice thing about this is using your normal 75 weapon probably isn't any better than your Trials/Vigil/KS weapon under the sync (obviously some exceptions). The advantage to a skill-up party is retaining all the nice bonuses from your other gear like Haste, Store TP, etc.