First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-22 07:55:44  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Best of best?

I'm not a math-er, but if this is taking Abyssea into consideration/norm, wouldn't Charis Neck, Auric Dagger(instead of Kila), Charis Feather and Beleno's Mantle(?) with Strong Arm/VV Atma be king... eating Sushi+1? Unless the Rudra's Storm dagger is godly...? Eyeballing today with feather (with those atma) I was critting very frequently for like 60-120 without any other attack buffs.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-22 07:58:34  
Yeah that's a nice addition too.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-23 09:07:22  
btw how does one post a parse? saving it as rtf or text makes it a jumbled heap.
 Carbuncle.Lileana
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-23 10:14:19  
yunalaysca said:
btw how does one post a parse? saving it as rtf or text makes it a jumbled heap.

I assume Print screen
By yunalaysca 2010-09-23 10:31:34  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:

I assume Print screen
thats alot of ss >.>;
 Carbuncle.Lileana
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-23 11:02:01  
yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:
I assume Print screen
thats alot of ss >.>;

Lol Sorry, I'm not real sure how to just a guess. Personally I never cared much for parse. Just shows who is being more agressive/actaully playing.

Edit: As for the whole argument about can Dancer be a DD. Yes it can but won't out preform good Sams/Rng/Wars ect. Lets be honest though over half of the DDs in this game don't know wtf their doing.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-23 11:29:27  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:
I assume Print screen
thats alot of ss >.>;

Lol Sorry, I'm not real sure how to just a guess. Personally I never cared much for parse. Just shows who is being more agressive/actaully playing.

Edit: As for the whole argument about can Dancer be a DD. Yes it can but won't out preform good Sams/Rng/Wars ect. Lets be honest though over half of the DDs in this game don't know wtf their doing.
something i just thought of while looking at my last parse; what if the reason behind dnc being able to out DD other jobs is because it can get away with it? i mean face it, doesnt rng have to restrain themselves? same for blm? and i've heard so much about "suicidal sams".

but what if the real reason im able to generally out parse all of the DD's on dnc (aside from zergs) is because i dont have a real reason to restrain myself, because i can take care of myself?
 Carbuncle.Lileana
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-23 11:36:53  
yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
yunalaysca said:
I assume Print screen
thats alot of ss >.>;
Lol Sorry, I'm not real sure how to just a guess. Personally I never cared much for parse. Just shows who is being more agressive/actaully playing. Edit: As for the whole argument about can Dancer be a DD. Yes it can but won't out preform good Sams/Rng/Wars ect. Lets be honest though over half of the DDs in this game don't know wtf their doing.
something i just thought of while looking at my last parse; what if the reason behind dnc being able to out DD other jobs is because it can get away with it? i mean face it, doesnt rng have to restrain themselves? same for blm? and i've heard so much about "suicidal sams". but what if the real reason im able to generally out parse all of the DD's on dnc (aside from zergs) is because i dont have a real reason to restrain myself, because i can take care of myself?

Very well could be. Because the thing Nin and Dnc have over other DD is we can do are top preformance always and stay alive. and don't require much outside help. Why we are amazing solo jobs. Its alot easier for me on nin to stay alive then on Rng lol.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-23 12:05:29  
Quote:
Very well could be. Because the thing Nin and Dnc have over other DD is we can do are top preformance always and stay alive. and don't require much outside help. Why we are amazing solo jobs. Its alot easier for me on nin to stay alive then on Rng lol.

As someone with nin dnc and rng (sam as well but too lazy to gear it decent) I can say the above is true. When im on dnc if i unload all i can (not much compaired to a well geared one)theres a chance ill pull hate but after i take a hit or 2 its gone and regen fixes me up quick (in theory the whms/rdms/sch are useing it). If i do somehow end up with more hate then i can handle theres always fan dance to fall back on too.

On nin the more damage the better since thats gunna be your primary source of hate depending on what your doing.

With rng however im constantly having to hold back or i simply become a burden to the group because we all know what happens when a rng takes hits >.>. Arching arrow is sometimes necissary over sidewider (makes me sad) and i even had one group where 3 shots would pull hate lol

Yes these can all be chalked up to crappy party experiences but i think it helps to illistrate the advantage dnc has rarely needing to pull their punches. Top damage potental may be lower but they will be able to access much more often. If we are doing job comparisons here though it shouldnt just be about damage but how the job contibutes as a while though.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 03:57:40  
abyssea - vunkerl
things to take into consideration: i had no atma, i used pizza, i was /nin, and i didnt use saber dance, i had bard in party but was using balad and i wasnt hasted, and used waltz often on the tank (hence no saber dance).

major DD:
kagemitu: drg/sam, used cureourl subs

Sata: Mnk/dnc, idk food

promethium: rng/nin, used pot +1

By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:00:26  
<- failed

By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:03:34  
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-24 04:07:42  
yunalaysca said:
abyssea - vunkerl
things to take into consideration: i had no atma, i used pizza, i was /nin, and i didnt use saber dance, i had bard in party but was using balad and i wasnt hasted, and used waltz often on the tank (hence no saber dance).

major DD:
kagemitu: drg/sam, used cureourl subs

Sata: Mnk/dnc, idk food

promethium: rng/nin, used pot +1

post their gear plz
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-24 04:10:49  
What were you fighting? Also didn't look too terrible long of a pt. And lol at the mnk >_> I'm a harsh mnk critic, but it depends on what you were fighting.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-24 04:12:38  
ya and any melee /dnc is fail in abyssea, sorry lol
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-24 04:13:48  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I still wanna convince a pt to let me mnk/war and counterstance it up >_> A healer would have to actually pay attention but man would I be beastly XD
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:17:41  
Bahamut.Serj said:
What were you fighting? Also didn't look too terrible long of a pt. And lol at the mnk >_> I'm a harsh mnk critic, but it depends on what you were fighting.
it was an hour and 38 min parse

and i didnt get screenies of their gear, but it wasnt full perle or full pink.

the main reason behind this parse (granted lacks a sam) is to show the daily rate of how dnc does.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:19:55  
oh sorry and it was speltercaps (fungus)
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-24 04:28:04  
if im being honest Yuna.. not taking anything away from DNC.. but you posted a parse of some pretty piss poor players there.

compare Tyrons DE to your DE is jsut one example.

the DRG missed 25 times.. i mean come on... shouldnt be missing at all as long as capped. (assuming they're not) in which case why are they using a couerl sub?
averages out around 5% miss ratio
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:36:17  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
if im being honest Yuna.. not taking anything away from DNC.. but you posted a parse of some pretty piss poor players there.

compare Tyrons DE to your DE is jsut one example.

the DRG missed 25 times.. i mean come on... shouldnt be missing at all as long as capped. (assuming they're not) in which case why are they using a couerl sub?
averages out around 5% miss ratio
from the looks of my parse he has capped accuracy. tyron is level 80 in this parse and i didnt really intend on including him xD
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 04:39:01  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Blu/dnc!!! It's good I tell ya
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:39:07  
isnt 95% acc the cap? o.o
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-24 04:41:45  
That Asuran average makes me cry.
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-24 04:43:30  
it was.. i hear game mechanics got fookered with the 85 update :P

(but then again i have been away from the game for over a week so it might be different)

even if it is the cap.. great stuff but overall thats a poor avg pt ; ;

(2 people hitting acc cap) - as a quick eyeball (one being you, the other with 95.13% the drg)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 04:44:13  
yunalaysca said:
isnt 95% acc the cap? o.o
Supposed to be. But I wouldn't be suprised if they changed it with the lvl increases or accidentally messed things up
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2010-09-24 04:44:34  
Yuna, im keen to parse against u as dnc, i dont think it'll be very close but id still like to see how close u come. That is if u are the dnc on asura that bought charis feather from me. I'd also like to point out that it does take a damn near/equally well geared sam or drg to come close to dnc.. it can be an unbeatable dd but you completely sacrifice safety and survivability to do it ie. saber dance and /sam..

Edit: lolmnk
By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 04:54:32  
Asura.Buddhsie said:
Yuna, im keen to parse against u as dnc, i dont think it'll be very close but id still like to see how close u come. That is if u are the dnc on asura that bought charis feather from me. I'd also like to point out that it does take a damn near/equally well geared sam or drg to come close to dnc.. it can be an unbeatable dd but you completely sacrifice safety and survivability to do it ie. saber dance and /sam..

yep that was me
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-24 04:57:03  
Asura.Buddhsie said:

did this guy just say dnc can be unbeatable? say whaaaaaat? lol
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-24 04:57:59  
Asura.Buddhsie said:
you completely sacrifice safety and survivability to do it ie. saber dance and /sam.. Edit: lolmnk

havent drg's, war's, sam's been doing that since the start of time.. isnt that why god created mages? lol

By yunalaysca 2010-09-24 05:00:51  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Asura.Buddhsie said:
you completely sacrifice safety and survivability to do it ie. saber dance and /sam.. Edit: lolmnk

havent drg's, war's, sam's been doing that since the start of time.. isnt that why god created mages? lol

inb4 mages get pissed
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15