Technically Returning But New Player!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Technically returning but new player!
Technically returning but new player!
By vulgarvox 2010-09-13 09:35:07  
Hello Asura players!

I've not long started my Galka MNK on this fine server & thought I'd do a quick intro!

I'm from the UK, on most nights around 20:00(GMT) Played FFXI on NA release for about 3 months but never really got going with it.

I come from a background of MMORPGs, played EQ/EQII/WoW mainly & man, is this different!

I've been doing a lot of reading up on the Monk Index 4.0 thread & I've managed to scrap my way up to lvl 11 so far. But now it's getting time to PT up I thought I best make myself know :)
I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions you'll have all seen before but rest assured I do use the search, I just don't know all the terms yet!

Anyway, If you're new and need a bit of company or fancy helping someone learn the ropes - please send a tell & we'll go smack some beasts
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-09-13 10:04:57  
Asura? That server is pretty well known for drama and whatnot, but good luck anyway, lol. The FFXIcyclopedia site will be your best friend for most questions you'll have, but I'm sure you'll find some decent people on the server to ask, too.

Oh, if you're not already aware, use Fields of Valor when you solo, it makes it much easier. You start them from those floating books called Field Manuals near zone lines and outposts. You just choose Individual Training and start a page, it's like those WoW quests random people give you telling you to kill X number of certain mobs to get bonus xp and gil, plus you get Tabs that you can spend on temporary effects like Auto-regen. Comes in handy soloing at low levels.
[+]
By vulgarvox 2010-09-13 10:13:02  
Oh drama? I like a bit of drama, well from a distance anyway!

It does feel like the game is a bit more solo friendly so far without too much hand holding. I guess thats probably a good thing for new players.

I've bookmarked FFXIEncyclopedia ta

Sold some bits and pieces on the AH & Bazaar - good job I found this site as I have no idea what is worth what yet!

On that note, do items really sell for 99,999,999 gil? Checked a couple of other characters Bazaar and nearly fell off my chair!
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:14:58  
vulgarvox said:

It does feel like the game is a bit more solo friendly so far without too much hand holding. I guess thats probably a good thing for new players.

Sold some bits and pieces on the AH & Bazaar - good job I found this site as I have no idea what is worth what yet!

On that note, do items really sell for 99,999,999 gil? Checked a couple of other characters Bazaar and nearly fell off my chair!

Nah, those are more sentimental items like chocolate given by a girlfriend or something >.>
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:15:41  
It's easy to get lost with MNK. it's a powerfull job if geared right and treated correctly. Do you understand about Sub jobs?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-13 10:17:34  
vulgarvox said:

Nah, those bazaar items are just things they keep up there so they don't accidentally throw them away or if they're just showing it off.

It may be hard to find a party at that level these days, so I'd just focus on playing solo for a while. If you get bored of solo'ing, put up your party flag while you mess around doing missions and you might get an invite. You should find a linkshell asap. They'll be able to help you out with quests that are too hard to do on your own(there are plenty of them).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-13 10:24:25  
vulgarvox said:
I remember when I first started playing, I would check everyone's bazaar. I remember getting pissed off at everyone having useless crap for 99,999,999. People do this to show off certain items. Still annoying but I've learned to live with it.

BTW if I find whoever allowed truelove chocolates to be signed and bazaared I will kill them.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 10:37:38  
Let me tell you the rules of FFXI majority style:

Haste Gear > Store TP > Accuracy > STR > Attack

That's basically it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:41:40  
Titan.Darkestknight said:

That's basically it.

Well as much as he has the basic gist of it down.

For a MNK don't even go for store TP unless you have a specific build.

For a MNK you'd want to go for

Haste > Accuracy > STR / Attack

Well both STR and attack are circumstantial.
 Asura.Limelyte
サーバ: Asura
user: Limelight
By Asura.Limelyte 2010-09-13 11:04:12  
Welcome to Asura, if you dont mind occasional drama and love a huge population, this is the server for you. I'm also coming back to this game, so I guess I can relate. As soon as I decide between Tarutaru or Hume, I'll be on and could give you some advice on Beginner stuff. :P
 Asura.Saefinn
サーバ: Asura
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-13 13:50:04  
Welcome!

I'm the other newbie around here, from the UK and a Monk also. I'd be happy to party with you, I can either sync to your level or raise my Warrior class (I need to get it to at least level 12 to sub my level 24 monk class). I sometimes find a party who sync to levels 12-15 around Valkurn dunes - they tend to be online afternoons/evenings weekdays. If you're interested, I ought to be on tonight after 10pm.

Monk is a good job to tank with - you get a lot of HP and it's good to have 'Warrior' as a support job, because it only makes you stronger in battle. Mixing Monk with white mage sounded like a great idea when I joined, because you can heal yourself and I think it's fine when you're soloing - you can weaken enemies, strengthen yourself and heal yourself - though you don't get a great amount of MP and if partying, chances are, you'll have a healer and you're probably better off making yourself stronger. At least, that's what I've understood, though somebody more experienced might slap me on the head and call me a noob. :P
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-13 14:11:18  
Flionheart said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:

That's basically it.

Well as much as he has the basic gist of it down.

For a MNK don't even go for store TP unless you have a specific build.

For a MNK you'd want to go for

Haste > Accuracy > STR / Attack

Well both STR and attack are circumstantial.

Dude is level 11, give him some appropriate advice. Haste? lol

And yeah, I'm certain you misused the word 'circumstantial'.
By vulgarvox 2010-09-13 14:11:48  
Thanks all for the welcome and advice

I'm not sure I'll have much to offer a Linkshell at the mo' apart from some banter but I'd be honoured

I dont usually like to conform to the norm but as I've done a bit of homework on Subjobs - I'll be subbing WAR too :)

I'll hold off on saving up for the chocs too - Thanks for explaining that one heh