日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Imponderable imponderables
Imponderable imponderables
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-29 11:31:49  
[rant]What I wanna know is why DNC has so few choices as far as weapons go. Jesus Christ SE, moar DNC weapons please!

DNC really does get the shaft on gear, wtf...[/rant]

Carry on...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-01-29 11:54:40  
Wow, I never thought about that being all types of damage -%... Now I know what I need to keep with me on SAM and PLD when I see any ancient magic coming my way if I can't run away! xD Oh the possibilities..
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-29 12:17:05  
[EDIT: I was trying to add in links, and I accidentally hit delete instead of edit. Reposted with the changes I originally wanted to add]

I concur with Dizzmal, a good PLD knows that fighting certain mobs may require an occasional change in gear and tactics. Sword and Shield will always be our bread and butter, as such a good PLD will always keep them close at hand. However if you're endeavoring to kite or super tank, using the E/Terra Staff or the I.R. Lance is the way to go.

While on the subject of Ultima, this is setup that I used and I was only taking 900-1000 from Citadel Buster. Granted I also had a fully merited Shell V on me, but the gear helped out alot. One last point to make that when using the above gear set, I didn't FT tank in it. I only swapped into it once I saw the TP move being readied in the log.

One last thing... I trust people understand when they see a piece of gear (like the I.R. Lance) has damage mitigation as a trait, IF it only says -X% damage THEN all sources are covered (including physical, magical, breath, non-elemental).
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-29 13:31:28  
I moved my MDB inquiry/ discussion to this thread.
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-01-29 13:33:30  
[rant]What I wanna know is why DNC has so few choices as far as weapons go. Jesus Christ SE, moar DNC weapons please!

DNC really does get the shaft on gear, wtf...[/rant]

Agreed, our only options are a weapon that's really expensive (Azoth) really, really hard to get (Ermine's Tail) or doesn't exist(Khimaira/Amir/Adder Jambiya) And why are there decent daggers (Zareehkl Jambiya/Paladium Dagger) that BLM and SCH can use but DNC can't?!
 Gilgamesh.Kynadre
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: kynadre
By Gilgamesh.Kynadre 2009-01-29 14:04:12  
Why can't people realize that PLDs = DDs, BLMs = tanks, THFs = puller and PUP = the best?

Hey man, I gotta agree on the PLD being a decent DD who can tank in a pinch in small-group endgame situations. Think Nyzul Boss runs. That being said, tanking gear with a different weapon =/= DD setup. Think RDMs in campaign wearing full errant's and trying to melee *facepalm*

THF, you know really exists for SATA. I'm tired of THFs who stand there plunking off 5-6 bolts at the start of a fight while all the other DDs are gimping themselves so they don't mess up the SATA alignment, while the first voke is getting their *** handed to them (woo~)
And, hey. Whether BLM is meant to tank or not, they do it all the time anyway cuz they don't know how to pepper a few small nukes rather than using their biggest and flashiest ones, wearing their MP pool down to nothing casting spells the mobs are strong against. Then they /heal for a fight or two and ruin the xp chain @.@

But I gotta agree PUP is freakin' awesome. Had a party the other day with WHM pup, BLM pup, RNG pup and WAR pup, and then me as DNC and a PLD. Yeah we kicked serious butt. It was fun as heck, too. You just gotta remember that 2/3 of the job's power is in that cute little thing going clink-clink and clipping the mob while bonking it in the face with a trashcan lid. I <3 my Comedie.

Am I going anywhere with this? Not really. Just felt like replying ^^
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-01-29 17:46:56  
Kleric said:
Minuet IV's hard cap is 66, got it the other day while testing to see if Vulacans staff would have had any help but with full min merits and cornette + 1 it was +66 with or without that staff to a 75nin and 75sam.

I believe the +56 is without any additions, ie no Cornette +1 or merits.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-01-29 17:48:13  
Wardens said:
lol well Earth staff is -20% damage taken xD and has VIT. I think I heard people use the Earth Staff when they are kiting with a -damage% set. And use iron ram lance when they are trying to do damage with a -damage% set ^^ I'm also sad that PLD can't use Engetsuto...

Only Physical damage -20% not Pure Damage :p
Earth staff would be epic win if it were -20% damage period lol. D.ring x2 for 20k? hell yeah...
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-29 18:08:47  
Erikthecleric said:
D.ring x2 for 20k? hell yeah...

if that was the case, earth staff would be 20 million instead of 20k.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-29 18:52:57  
Kynadre said:

THF, you know really exists for SATA. I'm tired of THFs who stand there plunking off 5-6 bolts at the start of a fight while all the other DDs are gimping themselves so they don't mess up the SATA alignment, while the first voke is getting their *** handed to them (woo~)

I'm sure as hell not one of those THF's lol
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-29 19:07:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I only try one shot, an Acid Bolt, try to lower some Def at the start. Hit or miss, I don't shoot again.
Can't say I've seen a Thf do that above example though.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-29 22:19:35  
Korpg said:
Erikthecleric said:

No, it wouldn't lol. Earth ores are entirely too common for Estaff price to ever even if it had dmg down -40%, ever be worth much more than it currently is.

Supply > Demand = Low priced item. no matter what it is/does.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-01-29 22:54:43  
they'd probably gimp the success rate of the earth ores if that were true though lol... :<
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-30 01:04:26  
Smurfo said:
Korpg said:
Erikthecleric said:
No, it wouldn't lol. Earth ores are entirely too common for Estaff price to ever even if it had dmg down -40%, ever be worth much more than it currently is. Supply > Demand = Low priced item. no matter what it is/does.

if Earth Staff went from physical to total damage -20%, the demand for them will skyrocket (imagine all the poor PLDs, NINs, and DNCs, not to mention the lolrdm/blm/schs who didn't buy one cause they didn't think that it would be worth a damn). Demand > Supply = higher price