users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Ironclad Executioner, Aspid is cutting himself
Ironclad Executioner, Aspid is cutting himself
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 22:02:04  
Btw killed again an hour and a half after last one. Out of stones to do more, takes ~20 minutes at the most with two RDM.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-15 22:30:08  
what's his acc like? is it possible for a fully merited dnc/nin to solo?
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-15 22:45:38  
I think someone said they tried this guy with a THF tank and it didn't go well. His regular attacks are aoe and take out multiple shadows, has amnesia and stun additional effects sometimes too, both of which would be really bad for a DNC tank. If you have access to movement armor (atma, movement not required but advised), refresh (atma and vermy at the very least), and some form of magic damage (not just DoT, you'd time out trying to DoT it down) you can take it no problem though :( Cream puff and INT cruor buff helps a lot, 8/8 elemental merits and decent nuking set and I almost always nuke unresisted. He really is easy to kite though.

Arm Cannon hit me once the second time, was like full stoneskin (380 in my case) and 600 damage (+ knockback) because I didn't bother throwing up shell in my haste to kill it before both my partner and I timed out, which would make trying to straight tank more annoying. It ignored shadows though I think. I'd say this is in no way soloable by any job that can't kite and deal damage at same time.

If you're after the DNC accessory it is a 100% drop, you can always ask the group that killed it to give to you... (or try buying but I don't think it'd be hard to get it for free, people are going to camp this like mad and be flooring the accessories)
 Leviathan.Lexington
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-15 22:54:02  
Wow those are some nice drops, I'll have to give it a go rather than running to the #0 Conflux camp and mpk'ing a whole bunch of ppl xD
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-16 00:27:03  
First one I did I claimed without grabbing cruor buffs (was just checking on it), when my partner got there I went to grab them. Came back and as I'm running through tunnel he says "Raise Minihex I killed him on accident" and I do it. Poor guy lmao ><
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 00:38:34  
I'd say COR, RDM, SCH, BLM, BLU can all do well against this thing. SMN could be useful too I suppose? Anyway, just killed him again. So far 1/2 on the body, gonna keep going until I get it, so I'll let you guys know how the drop rate is!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-16 00:40:42  
So wait.

A new refresh body.

Easy to kill NM.

Up in an hour.

Decent drop rate? O.o has SE lost it?
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-09-16 00:48:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
So wait.

A new refresh body.

Easy to kill NM.

Up in an hour.

Decent drop rate? O.o has SE lost it?
Suit up, Sect!
We're taking him down!
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-16 01:00:58  
Taking Raen's posts into account... I think 1/5? I'm 0/2. That's 1/7, he's 1/2 so that's 2/9. Serano 0/1 so we have 2/10 so far in this thread. It certainly does not seem good, though not terrible. Sample size is too small to tell either way. Funny thing is in the last two weeks I've gone 1/1 on (If Leviathan.Vincento reads this he's going to post calling me a name watch! lmao) karka ring (Tagged with TH4), serpentes feet (No TH), and adamantoise egg (Tagged with TH4), and I can't get this to drop on second try? >< My luck has run out.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 02:54:31  
I'm 1/3 so far, just killed my 3rd one. Next body is mine for sure anyways, gonna try more tomorrow cuz I'm *** tired. On a side note:

For those wondering how damage is. That's thundersday + thunderstorm on SCH in a half ele skill/half mab set, used ebullience and cream puffs, no meds. Not top notch nuking gear, just a bit above standard was all. Taru, 5 INT merits.

Edit: Oh, and for those wondering about the /p chat, we kept failing hard at landing spells before he'd run out of range, because it was like 4 am and we were both really tired and kept *** up with him running away, so we kept saying that lol.

Edit 2: I've only been a SCH for like 2 days, Abyssea EXP'd it to 85, don't judge me! ; ;
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-16 12:11:46  
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Knightofdragon said:
Why are people wrighting off that belt so quickly,
Its the best Eminty Belt for PLD, Next Best is Trance Belt @ 4eminty 14Hp, Yes trance belt is still Nice, But doesn't compair to This because of its great use in Cure Cheating, If you have an Aegis then This Belt also best MD(B) Piece,

Overall "USE" This Body Piece Beats Dalmy, But Doesn't really matter you want refresh piece u got it, Dalmy can only be compaired by Force Yellow, But then this would be a better piece for Convert build, Start off Pro/Shell or RR3 & not counting the Extra Job use

People are writing off the belt because another +1 Enmity over the next alternative is useless, as PLDs currently have no trouble capping enmity within minutes of a fight.

And the HP+40 is useless unless you full time the belt, which is downright a bad idea over Haste belts (on most fights!! MOST not ALL)

Its only redeeming quality is if "Magic Defense+4" Is something godly awesome, where it might be useful in a kited fight against an Avid magic using mob.

Edit: I'm going to play a game =(

Usually I agree with what you're saying but I really have to disagree here. 1 more enmity is 1 more enmity, there's nothing wrong with taking it and no reason you shouldn't. It appears to be a 100% drop so why not? Min/Maxing demands you take it and I was able to sell two to three different belts (trance, resolute (assuming it is indeed the same thing as magic defense bonus), and perhaps Jungle Sash for situations where I want as much HP as I can get). This should be the single best cure cheat belt you can get so the HP is not useless here. If you're not engaged, this is an acceptable idle piece assuming you don't have Turul's -damage belt. I dunno, you can say a 1 enmity upgrade is worthless but I know you know people split hairs over smaller upgrades.

I know this is pages pages late but I might as well reply.

1Enmity is worthless, no matter how you toss it, Even at level 75 i had 0 problems capping Enmity with Simple JA/Flash/Cure cheats in a matter of moments, 1 Enmity is like what, only a 1% increases in Enmity gained via actions?

I'll agree on the point it Saves inventory space.

While the Extra 1 Enmity is an "Upgrade" its a worthless upgrade, Its a placebo, You will never notice +1 Enmity if you're a good paladin already, it saves you inventory space, thats it, its basically a Tamas or Sattva ring, sure it replaces other rings, but its only really saving you inventory space.

And i already mentioned its the best Cure-Cheat, and the Magic Defense Bonus Belt, at least im 99% Positive i did.

Edit: I'm shocked I didn't mention Cure-cheat =( Cause i know i acknowledged it somewhere...

Edit2: I Should clarify, Its epic for Cure Cheats, its epic Magic Defense, I'm arguing against the Enmity -only-. Not its other two uses, I have a problem with clarifying things i know this.

Edit3: Also, I'm Not saying +Enmity is worthless, I'm implying +1 Enmity over your Current Enmity Set is not going to be noticable. Its the same Reason people (Who are smart) Don't even bother buying the Enmity+1 Ammo Item, because It won't make enough of an Impact to bother. Its not to say don't bother with Enmity period, its to say this belt has its uses, but oogling over +1 enmity is rather dumb.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 12:14:02  
Just watched what looked like a blm a smn and a pld doing it. Though the blm couldn't do much since the pld couldn't keep much hate kiting
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 12:15:09  
I want the belt! MDB set, Cure cheats, and oshit till I get the PDT one. Sidegrade though. I just did the Vunkerl one earlier, got BLM cape. No body drop though whatever it's called.

Edit: Misareaux not Vunkerl!
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-16 12:15:22  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Just watched what looked like a blm a smn and a pld doing it. Though the blm couldn't do much since the pld couldn't keep much hate kiting

Few friends took it down the other day, i know SMN/Something/something.

Its not a terribly hard NM if you can kite it, just need to kill it before it Rages lol
[+]
 Siren.Chrichri
サーバ: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-09-16 13:10:47  
Is it a 1 hour rage timer? Gonna try and solo/duo this guy over the weekend once I get more stones...
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-16 14:24:59  
Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
But Dalm-Forcing latent is really only useful for what, WHM and SMN? for the Cure-Pot+10% Ring and Perp-1 Ring?
LOL really? BLM and BRD get the most use out of it. Sorc ring gives +10% damage and minstrels ring is 25% faster casting and you can wear convert gear to get the bonus. If I ever see anyone casting in this their gonna be kicked unless its buffs.
Because everyone that has sorc ring needs dalmy to activate it -.-
Easily activated without dalmy. Amazing piece for Sublimation, Devotion, and Martyr. 58 HP higher than next best piece.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-09-16 14:32:20  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Knightofdragon said:
Why are people wrighting off that belt so quickly, Its the best Eminty Belt for PLD, Next Best is Trance Belt @ 4eminty 14Hp, Yes trance belt is still Nice, But doesn't compair to This because of its great use in Cure Cheating, If you have an Aegis then This Belt also best MD(B) Piece, Overall "USE" This Body Piece Beats Dalmy, But Doesn't really matter you want refresh piece u got it, Dalmy can only be compaired by Force Yellow, But then this would be a better piece for Convert build, Start off Pro/Shell or RR3 & not counting the Extra Job use
People are writing off the belt because another +1 Enmity over the next alternative is useless, as PLDs currently have no trouble capping enmity within minutes of a fight. And the HP+40 is useless unless you full time the belt, which is downright a bad idea over Haste belts (on most fights!! MOST not ALL) Its only redeeming quality is if "Magic Defense+4" Is something godly awesome, where it might be useful in a kited fight against an Avid magic using mob. Edit: I'm going to play a game =(
Usually I agree with what you're saying but I really have to disagree here. 1 more enmity is 1 more enmity, there's nothing wrong with taking it and no reason you shouldn't. It appears to be a 100% drop so why not? Min/Maxing demands you take it and I was able to sell two to three different belts (trance, resolute (assuming it is indeed the same thing as magic defense bonus), and perhaps Jungle Sash for situations where I want as much HP as I can get). This should be the single best cure cheat belt you can get so the HP is not useless here. If you're not engaged, this is an acceptable idle piece assuming you don't have Turul's -damage belt. I dunno, you can say a 1 enmity upgrade is worthless but I know you know people split hairs over smaller upgrades.
I know this is pages pages late but I might as well reply. 1Enmity is worthless, no matter how you toss it, Even at level 75 i had 0 problems capping Enmity with Simple JA/Flash/Cure cheats in a matter of moments, 1 Enmity is like what, only a 1% increases in Enmity gained via actions? I'll agree on the point it Saves inventory space. While the Extra 1 Enmity is an "Upgrade" its a worthless upgrade, Its a placebo, You will never notice +1 Enmity if you're a good paladin already, it saves you inventory space, thats it, its basically a Tamas or Sattva ring, sure it replaces other rings, but its only really saving you inventory space. And i already mentioned its the best Cure-Cheat, and the Magic Defense Bonus Belt, at least im 99% Positive i did. Edit: I'm shocked I didn't mention Cure-cheat =( Cause i know i acknowledged it somewhere... Edit2: I Should clarify, Its epic for Cure Cheats, its epic Magic Defense, I'm arguing against the Enmity -only-. Not its other two uses, I have a problem with clarifying things i know this. Edit3: Also, I'm Not saying +Enmity is worthless, I'm implying +1 Enmity over your Current Enmity Set is not going to be noticable. Its the same Reason people (Who are smart) Don't even bother buying the Enmity+1 Ammo Item, because It won't make enough of an Impact to bother. Its not to say don't bother with Enmity period, its to say this belt has its uses, but oogling over +1 enmity is rather dumb.

1 enmity isn't worthless. You can go on and on about cure cheats and what not but when a tp move is a hate reset, that +1 enmity CAN make a difference. It can be noticeable but its minor. That goes with any +1 stat, +1 enmity is indeed an upgrade unless you're @ the cap.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 14:38:09  
This is a silly discussion. That's like saying 1 STR is worthless. Or 1 accuracy is worthless. Sure, maybe 1 stat up is a very minimal boost, but it's the HQ items and the 1 extra stat per item that adds up to like 10 STR, 10 accuracy, 10 enmity, etc. Keep saying 1 enmity is worthless and you're gonna end up with like 10-15 enmity less by going the easy route. The point is it's the best there is and what's this game anyway without progression?
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-09-16 14:39:33  
Was saying 1 stat does make a difference. ^
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 15:09:52  
Siren.Chrichri said:
Is it a 1 hour rage timer? Gonna try and solo/duo this guy over the weekend once I get more stones...

Yes it is. You shouldn't even approach it with a duo.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 17:19:13  
Phoenix.Chomeymatt said:
Was saying 1 stat does make a difference. ^
That was't directed at you, though.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 17:19:39  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Chrichri said:

Yes it is. You shouldn't even approach it with a duo.

I duo it SCH/NIN x2 in about 30-40 minutes, wut?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 17:22:37  
20-30 is pro.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 17:23:04  
Shouldn't approach the rage timer* 2x RDM takes about 15-20 mins.

EDIT: Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, 1/7 on body so far.
 Siren.Chrichri
サーバ: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-09-16 18:21:21  
Good stuff. Thanks for the info!
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-16 18:56:05  
I'm 1/6 on body so far (first one didn't go to me) and gonna keep going until I get a second for myself, I'll let you guys know how it goes as far as drop rate concerns.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 19:07:48  
1/8!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-16 19:14:06  
No one should need dalmy to force latents but it helps. And the MDB makes it decent to idle in as well.

Anyways sorc ring is nowhere near +10% dmg. I'd say at most 6% from any blm worth the name
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-09-16 19:16:27  
Ok so how do we spawn it :P?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-16 19:21:16  
Timed spawn! 60-120 minutes is what I've observed so far. Might go more either way.

By the way, there are now Marids where it spawns. Normal ones are passive but the NM is NOT.

The drop rate on the body is LOW as well, so basically unless you have insane luck, don't go into this expecting to come out with a Refresh body immediately. This is something for the committed. ... drop already you stingy ***.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7