RNG-Gun Help
 Valefor.Leorik
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: leorik
By Valefor.Leorik 2010-09-15 15:05:57  
Hi there.
Wondering if you guys can help me out.
I want to do Marksmanship Trials, but can't decide which one to do.
Any help/info/opinions are appreciated.
thx Leo
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 15:13:43  
Spitfire seems sexy if you get a 4 hit build. Look at the bow thread for the ideal set.
 Valefor.Leorik
By Valefor.Leorik 2010-09-15 15:19:00  
Yea i was looking at those, just can't decide between the Occ. atk. twice or Occ. deals dbl. dmg.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 15:20:34  
Depends on what you are doing. Obviously on alot of stuff OAT is going to be the sex. But empyrean is also pretyt nice. Especialy on harder targets or if you want to QD some too. Which would be nice in kited fights
 Gilgamesh.Kageshinhiryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Kageshinhiryu 2010-10-01 19:16:46  
I'm glad you're enjoying using Marksmanship and Gun on your RNG, but you may be dissapointed when you get matched up with other RNGs that are using Archery and a Bow and their WS and DoT is greater than yours.

It may make you tend to wonder why you're using the Gun in the first place. Sure, it's cool to have 4-hit ws set-ups, but you still can't beat the Bow for damage/ws.

I have to admit though, Armageddon looks hella hot.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 19:19:26  
I'd like to see this consistently being beating by a bow in ws and DOT lol. Cause I've definitely been beating the rngs I've been playing against in abyssea and most my gear is from the earlier 70s. Ie I haven't been pimping it out and getting new stuff etc. Only have like 2 75 peices nothing higher. Barely have a ws set etc.
By chaosmite 2010-10-01 19:34:38  
Many tests have been done.
On equal terms bow has higher Dot, but gun does have higher WS dmg.
Bow wins in overall damage as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Tedman
user: Tedman
By Ramuh.Tedman 2010-12-06 17:21:09  
Lul @ kage. Coming from the rng that still uses relic pants.
By Enternius 2010-12-06 17:24:50  
Worthwhile necro-bump
>This is not one.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-12-23 12:29:10  
ive been looking at the ranger guns and bows since the update - and I do have to say that im very unsure about what I want. Emperian is pretty much a no-go (for now).

What are peoples opinions on the best ranger weapon out there? Is the storeTP gun any good? is the WS+10% gun? or it the bow with str and ratt?

So which are the best bows and guns for ranger?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-23 15:15:44  
I wouldn't neglect Crossbows either. Virtus Bow with Fusion Bolts :Q
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-23 15:22:52  
Since someone necro'd, lol @ bow beating gun. Not even close with 10 tp/tic and dark adaman bullets. Gun destroys bow as it always has.
By RingmastersWord 2010-12-23 15:51:50  
I'm glad I didnt instant post as I read that because I cant picture gun ever being owned by bows. (outside of some situations) I was going to be rather upset if the general community thought so, at least without owning me with proof.

Edit: I realized I didnt actually answer the question at hand. Personally I'm planning to build the Occasionally deals double dmg gun, Str/atk gun, and the +10% ws gun. The ws one being the only one I expect done anytime soon, but that also being because I'll be octave spamming. /fun
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-23 17:32:40  
It's all about preference to be honest. At this point in the game neither weapon seems game breaking unless your taking the OaT Gun into consideration. New Guns/Xbows/Bullets/Bolts really breath life into using Marksmanship.

Use what you prefer because honestly if you play the job right you will parse just as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [320 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Leorik
By Valefor.Leorik 2011-11-09 00:10:30  
so i am back on rng after a very long time, and still want to do a marksmanship trial (other then armageddon).
wondering if w/ the 95 update if things have changed as far as which 1 to do.
the str mayhem, or the double dmg spitfire or maybe another that i'm overlooking.
any tips be great thx
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-11-09 00:13:31  
Valefor.Leorik said: »
so i am back on rng after a very long time, and still want to do a marksmanship trial (other then armageddon).
wondering if w/ the 95 update if things have changed as far as which 1 to do.
the str mayhem, or the double dmg spitfire or maybe another that i'm overlooking.
any tips be great thx

Honestly, any of the elemental trials will take you longer than an armageddon to complete.

Should try for that tbh =P
 Valefor.Leorik
By Valefor.Leorik 2011-11-09 00:15:59  
i wanted to work on something while nobody is on ls and have something decent till i get better
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
サーバ: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-11-09 00:42:19  
Valefor.Leorik said: »
i wanted to work on something while nobody is on ls and have something decent till i get better

i see you have bst leveled sub war and go to town farming carabosse/cc sets i finished my armageddon in like 2days completely solo although there was a rough patch were like 9 heqets were koki but even then drag to flux 3 /stay pet flux and voila no more koki lol
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-09 00:46:45  
Work on your armageddon NM trials while nobody is on. Get an exequy gun or a Phineus' gun in the meantime if you absolutely need one. If you cannot get help on carabosse/cirien, find a way to solo them.