FFXIV Graphics Card Suggestions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Graphics Card Suggestions?
FFXIV Graphics Card Suggestions?
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:04:08  
So I finally got the game to run on my GF's Computer........but the reaction time is delayed a little. Shes running a HP Pavilion "a6814y..." And the only thing we changed to make the game run....... or added rather, was the "Nvidia GTX 210 Graphics Card." Since she has Dual Core CPU, and 6gb of RAM, I'm guessing the small lag is due to the power of the "GTX 210," But if we get a stronger card, she'll also need a stornger power supply... do you guys think its the Graphics card? I mean the reaction time delay from when you press the button or move the mouse is .5 sec, its playable but a little anoying.

Suggestion??? ^Thank you ^
By Flionheart 2010-09-15 23:06:04  
Try turning Ambient Occlusion off if it's on. That was giving me input lag for some reason.

No drop on FPS just a slight lag between input and action.
 Alexander.Shinebox
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Shinebox
By Alexander.Shinebox 2010-09-15 23:08:28  
The graphics card is a little weak but that shouldn't cause that specifically.

By Izey 2010-09-15 23:08:51  
Flionheart said:
Try turning Ambient Occlusion off if it's on. That was giving me input lag for some reason.

Ok, I know built my own computer but I have no idea what that is XD!
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:09:39  
Izey said:
Flionheart said:

Ok, I know built my own computer but I have no idea what that is XD!

Nvm its in the config I think
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:10:27  
Graphics we're on highest lol........ works on my computer but um yea imma try taking that out.
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:15:40  
Ugh, Priority is set to low on Task Manager, but it wont let me change it ><
How can I do this......................
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:18:10  
Oh and proccessor is Pentium(R) Dual Core CPu, @ 2.50Ghz
 Bismarck.Cordareo
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-15 23:27:47  
Izey said:

Voila, Problem found. That's a really old CPU, and is your bottleneck/performance killer. Even if you could properly OC it (which you more then likely can't because of it being a prebuilt and that setting being locked by manufacturer) you are still dealing with a lot of other things the Pentium D line didn't ever provide that really make quite a difference.

The card although on the lower end of things, is not complete ***and could handle FFXIV on fairly mid/low settings with proper hardware accompanying it.

As for system priority being low on the program, that's a whole nother can of worms that you'll need to do some sniffin around on google to see what you can find.

That's about all I can tell you from what you have described. I wish you the best of luck as there isn't any particular trick that'll make things work smooth so there isn't much I can do for you.
By Izey 2010-09-15 23:52:10  
Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Izey said:

Voila, Problem found. That's a really old CPU, and is your bottleneck/performance killer. Even if you could properly OC it (which you more then likely can't because of it being a prebuilt and that setting being locked by manufacturer) you are still dealing with a lot of other things the Pentium D line didn't ever provide that really make quite a difference.

The card although on the lower end of things, is not complete ***and could handle FFXIV on fairly mid/low settings with proper hardware accompanying it.

As for system priority being low on the program, that's a whole nother can of worms that you'll need to do some sniffin around on google to see what you can find.

That's about all I can tell you from what you have described. I wish you the best of luck as there isn't any particular trick that'll make things work smooth so there isn't much I can do for you.

I see =\
My GF will be upset if I tell her... "Hey baby your assed out" XD!
The computer was kinda expensive... (For her anyway), and it probably... Idk 4 months old.... lame... ><