Guildeves Or Normal Mobs - Drop Chests?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Guildeves or normal mobs - Drop chests?
Guildeves or normal mobs - Drop chests?
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-18 17:17:11  
Well, As the title says, I've been looking around for this answer for some time, and can't find anything. The closest thing I found was someone saying something about when doing a guildeve they found a chest(with a shield in it but thats not the point) and I'm curious - Are chests a random drop form any enemy, or do they only drop from guildeve mobs?

Editting in information as to how people have found them so far:

- Leves - to them and around the levels
- Off mobs
- Random locations

Second edit for list of items and also a list of where found so far.

Rewards:

- 12-4000 gil
- Crafting gloves
- Shoes
- shield
- gloves
- Level 22 chainmail (This, I think: http://ffxiv.yg.com/...mail?id=8030305)

Where:

- one spoted north of first camp going to Ul'dah from limsa boat
- Camp bearded rock in plain sitght
- One on the way to Ul'dah from limsa boat in obscure location
- Camp Tranquil

Also to add more information to them:

- Anyone can see them in or out of party with you.
- Loot doesn't seem to be shared with team mates(In a party)
- Seems to give items/money to leve starter if durring a leve(Needs confirmation)
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-18 17:21:58  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Well, As the title says, I've been looking around for this answer for some time, and can't find anything. The closest thing I found was someone saying something about when doing a guildeve they found a chest(with a shield in it but thats not the point) and I'm curious - Are chests a random drop form any enemy, or do they only drop from guildeve mobs?

Chests are something I have only encountered while doing battlecraft leves. They are typically found somewhere along your path from the aetheryte to your destination. I've only seen gil come from them but I've heard you can get anything from gil to items to skill points.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-18 17:33:05  
dug around alittle and refound the post I was talking about. Here it is:
Quote:
You guys want to know something funny? :/

I was like, level 6 or something and was doing a guildleve solo.. and while doing so happened upon a chest.. and in that chest was a Square Maple Shield and 360gil.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-18 19:56:17  
I've found them just while exploring, not on a leve or fighting things..

From my experiences, they seem to just pop up randomly, not all that different from the chests/coffers in XI dungeons popping up randomly.

Of course it's possible I found chests (and was able to open them and receive the item/gil) that came from other people's leves/mobs.. I really don't think so though.. If you think back to XI, when a chest drops from a mob from someone else that you're not in a pt with, you're unable to interact with the chest..

EDIT: The reason they may appear to come from leves is because a lot of the leves end up making you take routes and visit places that aren't really all that well traversed, meaning a chest can stay up for much longer before it's found by someone..
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-18 20:10:04  
Exactly what Slip said. They just pop randomly, like chests in dungeon zones in FFXI, but 1) You don't need a key, and 2) They can appear on the above-ground zones too.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-19 00:43:34  
Editted in my findings so far off core's forums. You can see the thread here:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/18074-chests/
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-19 00:56:02  
I've personally never seen a chest outside of one of my own guildleves(or ones somebody else is sharing with me). In closed beta chests were "instanced" specifically to a group of players participating in a certain leve, and nobody else could see or interact with them.

The way it works may have been changed, but I think the people who recall finding chests outside of leves may just not be remembering correctly.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-19 01:14:03  
Asura.Kowen said:

The way it works may have been changed, but I think the people who recall finding chests outside of leves may just not be remembering correctly.

I think it has changed. Alot of people are saying they've found them randomly and not on leves, even a close friend in Open beta, so I don't think she's lie to me. But, Idk. I didn't get to try open beta, and we'll see in a few days. I'm trying to add as much info for people who couldn't get onto open beta as I can ;x