users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » WoodWorking 69-100
WoodWorking 69-100
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-31 05:18:18  
Hello, Kindle here from Remora. Would like to ask fellow woodworkers out there for tips on skilling up woodworking 69-100. The crunch looks straining on my gil. May I please have tips on what to craft for each stage of the process. For the time being I have been watching the AH for Broken Hume Fishing Rod to craft into Hume Fishing Rod, but trouble with this is 1. Will only work till 73 WW 2. Not that many on AH, I'm lucky to see one every week.

Any advice I would more then gladly take.

Thank you.

Kindle
75WHM-75SAM
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-01-31 06:30:04  
Anceint Lumber - 72(save for later or sell)

Hume Rod - 74 (Sell)

Clothespole - 77 (craft Desyh repeat)

Ebony Pole - 79 (Craft>Desyh> Repeat)

Mithra Fishing rod - 87 (Craft>Desyh Repeat)

Mysthic Poles - 89 (Craft>Desyh Repeat)

Lacquer Tree Lumber - 91(NPC sell)

Bookshelf - 95 (Expenive but give's a profite)

Lacquer Tree Sap - 96

Cythara Anglica - 98 (Craft>Desy>Repeat, Or Save
for Guild points)

Lancewood Lumber - 99 (Npc)

Note: this if u have no Sub crafts Kilo/Mega Pumps are most likely cheaper but need Alch Sub craft!
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-31 06:33:52  
Thx ill take this into thought.
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-31 09:23:31  
Take a look at the following guides:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Woodworking_Guide_by_Paitre

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Woodworking_Guide_by_Ctownwoody

You'll want to read through them both and formulate your own path to 100. Personally I preferred Paitre's 70-80 path over Ctown's, I rather liked break fishing with Humes and Clothespoles.
However Paitre has retired from FFXI, so in later levels that guide is rather lacking, whereas Ctown's is still updated with newer additions.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-31 12:05:20  
Ctownwoody is a good person to follow. Also co wrote about Alchemy too.

good reads.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-01-31 16:06:03  
Check out:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Woodworking_Guide_by_Xarchangel

This is how i did Woodworking, worked well :)
 Valefor.Brainchild
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Brainchild 2009-01-31 18:48:37  
in Xarchangel's guide from 98-100 you can actually do Iron-splitter but keep your smithing skill around lvl 40 ish (just high enough to do the synth) and stock up on wicker boxes for the moghancement wind (the more boxes you have the less likely you are to lose items on wind crystal breaks) and just break synth to 100 (this is a complete loss but the much lower chance of losing the ingot makes it a bit better)
 Fairy.Ninelives
サーバ: Fairy
user: Ninelives
By Fairy.Ninelives 2009-01-31 21:40:52  
I posted this in another thread (it's a bit lower on the first page actually,) and I'll just copy/paste it from there. Hopefully it might present some ideas. ^^

-----------------------------------------

It's been a while, but I'll post some alternate recipes that I used when I was getting the craft to 100. Note: a lot of these involve some time and effort, and sometimes don't often result in the quickest path.

59-61: Ebony Lumber - Nobody really ever goes for this, but I profited during this stage. Darksteel Bolts were way too expensive at the time, and these logs were always up.

61-65: Tarutaru Fishing Rods: This is where having a 75 THF helps, but it isn't required. I went to the guild in Sandy, made about five stacks of Walnut Lumber, and went out to Buburimu and killed crawlers. When I got a silk thread to drop, I crafted. NPCing the rods makes up for the cost of the lumber.

65-69: Demon Arrows - Same as everyone else, but without the large 9-10 level gap a lot of WWers start these with.

69-72: Tarutaru Folding Screens: Again it's been a while, but if I recall correctly, if you get the mats from the regional vendors the NPC price makes this a pretty even synth. I held on to some of these on my mule since it comes up as a GP item now and then.

72-77: Clothespole - Exact same thing as the Tarutaru Fishing Rods, though with these I usually tried to desynth my Mahogany Lumber back for a retry.

77-80: Fortunately for me, I had a fishing buddy (thanks Maj!) with a Lu Shang's and was more than happy to break it on the ferry for me. When he wasn't online or I wanted to try a few skillups on my own, I did:

77-78: Ebony Pole - bleh synth, but it gets the job done as a bridge to 78 for the next non-Lu Shang's synth.

Note: Marid Arrows didn't exist back then, so I have no idea how good these are to get to 81 on. ^^;

78/80-83: Broken Mithran Fishing Rod - I broke these quite easily (with about 15 fishing skill too; the fish your'e going for is not really hard to land despite being labeled level 80 fishing) at the bottom of the waterfall in North Gustaberg. Break the rod (bought on AH, since they're 87 cap on WW,) repair, and repeat. This went by pretty quickly; I was sad to have it cap out.

83-86: Mithran Fishing Rod: Rainbow thread can be expensive, so knowing a Clothcrafter helps. However, even of you don't know one you can offset the cost of the thread by breaking the rods once you craft them and selling them on the AH broken (people buy them for the Opo-Opo Crown quest.) Mix in selling a few non-broken rods on the AH, and though it can be a bit slow I got through to 87 without losing gil. :3

86-91: Kabura Arrows - Nom nom! These NPC for 10k/stack, so yay for making a lot of gil at this stage of a craft! I farmed all my ram horns though, so it was a larger profit than buying them on the AH. The hardest part of this synth is finding the arrowheds on the AH, but thanks to a Smithing buddy (thanks Naz!) I got them while he was skilling up on them. I still farm the horns/NPC the arrows for profit when bored. It is definitely worth getting your Bonecraft skill high enough to make this synth, otherwise I guess you could go for Mythic Poles and Harps.

91-95: By the time I got here ToAU had been released. Being the stubborn crafter I am, I went to Mamook and logged my own Bloodwood Logs to skill up on, and sold the completed lumbers for very nice profit. I used those profits to buy some Mythril Ingots to help speed up the process (Eight-sided poles, cap 94, just NPC'd them.) It helped I had a friend that just got his Morrigan's Cuffs drops and gave me some logs to make into lumber for him. :3

Side Note: Lacquer Tree Sap caps at 96, and before the logs started going up in price this wasn't a bad synth/NPC recipe - a little loss but tolerable. I luckily stumbled into a deal with someone who saw me crafting them, and was able to sell a few stacks at the cost of the logs for a while. However, only so much of that sap is needed, so it dried up fairly quick.

95-99: Mainly Lancewood Logs - I would buy the ones that dropped in Dynamis from my LS members and just camp the AH. Gil loss is inevitable, but not too bad since I had made quite a bit from Bloodwood Lumbers.

99-100: I did the Iron-Splitter/Steel-Splitter route. Adaman Ingots are pure loss, but I figured since I had gotten to 99 w/o much loss I'd just go for broke. Made the Iron-Splitters, tried again with the Iron-Splitter and a Steel Walnut Lumber, and NPC'd the Steel-Splitter. I got from 99-100 in about two stacks of ingots.

Hope this helps; some of the options are definitely not the norm, but with some patience and farming (especially making the rods using the silk thread) I was able to get to 100 only losing gil on the end 99-100 stretch. Good luck! (^.^)v

Edit: Proofread the mini-guide and realized some grammar needed fixing. ^^;
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-31 21:45:08  
Thank you all for the wonderful help!
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-31 22:59:34  
Heh, I'm still lv. 71 myself, thanks for the input everyone^^
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-08 07:53:56  
Most interesting ideas, preferably the bit about the Kabura arrows. I have a Smithing mule that is lv 70 and might end up going that route making the arrowheads since they NPC for a nice stretch... provided SE doesn't decide that the arrows NPC for too much and dock that price as well. Black Ink, good game SE -.-;
 Ifrit.Efilon
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Efilon
By Ifrit.Efilon 2009-02-08 08:24:48  
biggest problem for me atm:
I am at 69, to 72 i'd do petrified log -> ancient lumber but hardly ever on ah :(
and tarutaru folding screens are just a money sink.. takes like 3.5k to make 1, sell to vendor for 300 gil or so?
and trying to AH them is like lol...
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-11 14:12:15  
What I'm going to try to do until ~100:

71-73: Broken Clothespole - Go to Gusgen Mines with Meatballs and Light Crystals and try my luck at breaking/fixing the rods.

73-77: Commode - 5x Rosewood Lumber
or
73-77: Clothespole - Mahogany Lumber + Silk Thread

77-83: Broken Mithran Fishing Rods - Same as Broken Clothespole

83-86: Cermet Lance - 2x Ash Lumber + 2x Cermet Chunks (Need Alchemy 57)

86-91: Kabura Arrows - Bamboo Stick, Karimata Arrowheads, Giant Bird Fletchings, Ram Horn (Need Bonecraft 53)

91-95: Soulflayer Staff - Farm Soulflayers and desynth their staves to Bloodwood Lumbers

95-100: Iron-Splitter - (2x Walnut Lumber + Adaman Ingot) Level Smithing to <60 and break-synth these to save gil on Adaman Ingots
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-12 21:37:01  
Just a little something... how many people tried to scroll Cjkenji's avatar pic >.>;
 Leviathan.Mabon
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Mabon 2009-02-12 23:16:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Anye said:

95-100: Iron-Splitter - (2x Walnut Lumber + Adaman Ingot) Level Smithing to &lt;60 and break-synth these to save gil on Adaman Ingots

Keep in mind that i used and lost about 18 adaman ingots going from about 99.2 to 100. Doing this for 5 levels when there are other alternatives is...
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-12 23:40:39  
Mabon said:
Anye said:

95-100: Iron-Splitter - (2x Walnut Lumber + Adaman Ingot) Level Smithing to &lt;60 and break-synth these to save gil on Adaman Ingots

Keep in mind that i used and lost about 18 adaman ingots going from about 99.2 to 100. Doing this for 5 levels when there are other alternatives is...

Arrgh. :<

What are your suggestions for 95-100 Mabon? :o I'd really like to know XD
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-13 00:08:15  
Considering the synths for Lv.100, Iron-Splitter/Steel-Splitter is tasty... I don't see much of an alternative to that last level unless you want to give Kinkobo a shot, personally not something I would go into lightly, considering Primate Staff's synth requires ENM recieved lumber... But if you're just so shot through with nasty amounts of gil, you can try Mezraqs or Staurobow >.<

As for the Iron/Steel Splitters, ya, Adaman Ingots are a pain to burn through with no skill ups, I would suggest trying to outsource the ingots through a fellow Smith, either by organizing a trade of services, woodworking for discount on ingots, or start farming the materials for your own ingots. Any way you take it, Lv.100 isn't cake.
 Leviathan.Mabon
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Mabon 2009-02-13 01:46:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I did cythara anglica to 98, lancewood lumbers to 99, and iron splitters to 100. I threw in a few jacaranda lumbers here and there at 98-99 but they are pretty costly and sell slow. It's really not worth skilling up on Thalassocrats because of the two sub skills required. They do sell for profit if you do in fact make one. However, it's cheaper faster to just level smithing to 45ish and pump out the last level on iron-splitters..
 Asura.Zatoichina
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-03-14 08:45:03  
For anyone still working on this, i took Mythic Harpe to hit 90 and it was a very good synth imo.

The cost can vary but roughly 8k per synth give or take and they npc for a little over 7k in sandy with max fame, hope it helps ^^
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2009-03-14 11:17:14  
dont forget Teak Logs > Teak lumber, its not on the synth list but its a great cheap log>lumber format to skillup and cheap. level 85 craft
 Asura.Moonglow
サーバ: Asura
user: Moonglow
By Asura.Moonglow 2009-03-14 13:11:56  
Cjkenji said:
Ninelives said:

Note: Marid Arrows didn't exist back then, so I have no idea how good these are to get to 81 on. ^^;

About this, I have all materials needed for mule just wondering how good are these to skill up on to get to 81 from fellow woodworkers who have tried this.

Imo this craft is easy to skill up on.. but a big money loss, arrow heads are around 100k a stack fletching are 100k a stack and dogwood is about 20k a stack. costing about 4k per synth (on my server), NPCs very low and AHs for only about 2100 a stack... so 12,000- 2100 = 9900 /3 so about 3,300 gil per loss (based on Asura), but if you know a bonecrafter,clothcrafter and farm your own logs.. you can cut the costs down to about 1,000 loss per craft.
 Caitsith.Vadeen
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Vadeen
By Caitsith.Vadeen 2009-03-30 15:55:11  
Currently i am 99.7WW and just a heads up for everyone thinking about doing WW if you go for broke the entire run up, this craft will take you roughly 15M to go through from 0~100, this is including NPC'n most of your crafts, try and NPC to the guild whenever you can, it won't be much more but it will help out. Also, if you can and are willing to do this, find a smithing friend and have them craft you the adaman ingots. You will save roughly 12k per ingot. Good luck ^^y
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-04-06 11:52:36  
Vadeen said:
this craft will take you roughly 15M to go through from 0~100,

Defenitly dissagree. Granted im currently ww80, but between what iv spent and what iv sold, i havnt lost a gill.

as for the origional post, check all the WW guides to get an idea. Obviously i would recomend checking my own, altho its only up to 80 atm, and also ctownwoodys guide. If nothing is appealing check all the recipies on wiki and ocmpare to your sever.
 Ragnarok.Rieekil
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Rieekil 2009-04-08 11:20:52  
um... u guys make it looks hard 2 lvl woodworking >....>'''

arrows till 70sh do w/e till u reach 80
Teak log til 85
now u have 85+3 ww
make ur mog house full with wind element
go to mamool and log some bloodwood log
make them till 95 and sell them u gonna make 4-5 million out of it .... ( 600k stack of lumber in rag)
next GL finding J.log in the old areas it's easiy but takes time i get about 5 a day and get ALOT of breaks with i try to craft them into lumbers but i love when they give skill up and break and u still have ur log :D

now u r 100 no need for sup craft or anything else ...
takecare

sry for the bad english :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Drizzie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Drizzie
By Quetzalcoatl.Drizzie 2009-04-29 22:32:24  
Kyaaadaa said:
Just a little something... how many people tried to scroll Cjkenji's avatar pic >.>;

Been a while since you posted this, but I just tried to lol.