Do You Believe In Psychics?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Do you believe in Psychics?
Do you believe in Psychics?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13
 Asura.Abriannah
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Abrianna
By Asura.Abriannah 2010-09-22 14:07:50  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Asura.Abriannah said:

Eh.. got my 15%.. But been lazy about it since. I should hoist myself over there and see if anyone is working on them around that time. I just moved back to school yesterday so the past week and the next week are going to be insane... XD

How are you doing lately? ^^
you should :) It wont take long I am sure of it! How was the move? :3 I bet it was crazy XD Do you have a really busy course load this semester? :<

I have been stupid busy with rl (both my parents going in for surgeries in the next two weeks /sigh)

It was horrible, the move! Haha I live on the 6th floor in my dorms, and all the elvators were broken.. Wasn't a good day... o.o
But I'd say my coarse load is in the middle of busy. The busy part is that I'm declaring my major this next quarter so.. That'll be interesting.

I hope your parent's are okay! Surgeries are not fun.. Will you be caring for them?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 14:08:11  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Abriannah said:
Just because science can not prove it to be true does not disprove it either :X Inconclusive results are still inconclusive.
Isn't this something we learned back in 9th grade Science?
I believe we are also taught not accept something till it's proven too
What about the people who refuse to test/research/or be generally open to* theories? Is that practical Science?
That's people not science :). Science is just a tool
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 14:08:28  
Flionheart said:
You really didn't read the first few pages did you?

Reading comprehension is something you should really look into. The conversation was good, and pretty open until you came in with thinly veiled insults and just general stupidity. Even Yokhai who is pretty adamant about his standing here didn't act as childish and foolish as you. And I can say with certainty he is more intelligent than you in this matter.
I am pretty sure that you both are just /flame onning each other.
Stop that.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 14:09:24  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:

Reading comprehension is something you should really look into. The conversation was good, and pretty open until you came in with thinly veiled insults and just general stupidity. Even Yokhai who is pretty adamant about his standing here didn't act as childish and foolish as you. And I can say with certainty he is more intelligent than you in this matter.
Stop that.

I'll just request a lock from Krizz seeing as this thread has reached its pinnacle.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-09-22 14:10:02  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Iphigenia said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Since blocking is disabled for some reason I can still see this inane douche... She here goes:

Since when is a SAM 5-hit with 19% haste bad gear? Oh, what's that? You can't see my Keito+1 and Unkai+1? That's alright, I'm out-parsing you right now.
Did Flion activate his FFXI account?
never knew that happened lol.
you can't outparse him when he's not parsing yo.

I was just trolling as absolutely obviously as I could.

Nice, a non-player and a troll who doesn't contribute to the conversation. *** failga.
I'm pretty sure he contributed to the conversation when it wasn't an e-peen war when he started the thread :/

and he plays 14 so I'd say that invalidates your other part of the post.
don't take this as me bandwagoning with him either, I hate doing that.
I like to fly solo :D

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Abriannah said:
Just because science can not prove it to be true does not disprove it either :X Inconclusive results are still inconclusive.

Yes, however when it comes to the scientific community it is VERY difficult to step outside the box. Those that do often get ridiculed into "retirement" so when it comes to paranormal research most scientists have to tread very carefully. Inconclusive might as well mean failure when it comes to this subject.
I take inconclusive as failure unless it becomes more conclusive :/
I like to be conclusive so loose ends bug me.

I'll site Dean Radin as an example then.

Conclusive (meaning smoking gun evidence of ESP) might as well mean failure as well in the sense that for many it means the end of their professional careers, with a few notable exceptions.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 14:10:18  
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:

Stop that.

I'll just request a lock from Krizz seeing as this thread has reached its pinnacle.
I was going to suggest this lol
Krizz loves doing that anyway.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 14:10:25  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Abriannah said:
I believe we are also taught not accept something till it's proven too
There by lies the whole science vs religion debate which would result us into going around in circles again =/
Not really. Because that is just a false crutch that religion uses. If htat is truely what they believed they would have to believe everything that is inconclusive. But they don't they pick and choose. So the reasoning that they do because you can't disprove it is a lie.
 Leviathan.Blevien
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2010-09-22 14:11:06  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Blevien said:
again, you're digging too much into what i wrote and looking for things that aren't there. that was an example of evidence to support the possible existence of "ghosts". what good would my argument be without some kind of reference to support reasoning?
WELL. when your point of reference is to just believe things at face value it makes a bit of sense to believe that you yourself take things at face value, that and again.
If you do want to clarify, what is your position?
What do you believe, how do you come to the conclusion that you believe in what you believe?

I never said to believe things at face value lol. All i've been saying the whole time is, look at the facts from all angles before you make your opinion on something. if the evidence is inconclusive, don't be so quick to dismiss it as a possibility. it doesn't mean something doesn't exist, and at the same time it doesn't necessarily mean it does exist.

my position on paranormal? i believe that there is a possibility it is real, and at the same time i believe that it could be explained by facts that aren't yet known. until we know all the facts about these occurrences, i'll take it for what it is. an unexplainable phenomenon that may or may not be ghosts/spirits. i do, however, find the subject very interesting and would like to know what causes the phenomenon.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 14:11:36  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Since blocking is disabled for some reason I can still see this inane douche... She here goes:

Since when is a SAM 5-hit with 19% haste bad gear? Oh, what's that? You can't see my Keito+1 and Unkai+1? That's alright, I'm out-parsing you right now.

Nice, a non-player and a troll who doesn't contribute to the conversation. *** failga.
I'm pretty sure he contributed to the conversation when it wasn't an e-peen war when he started the thread :/

and he plays 14 so I'd say that invalidates your other part of the post.
don't take this as me bandwagoning with him either, I hate doing that.
I like to fly solo :D

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Abriannah said:

Yes, however when it comes to the scientific community it is VERY difficult to step outside the box. Those that do often get ridiculed into "retirement" so when it comes to paranormal research most scientists have to tread very carefully. Inconclusive might as well mean failure when it comes to this subject.
I take inconclusive as failure unless it becomes more conclusive :/
I like to be conclusive so loose ends bug me.

I'll site Dean Radin

as an example then.

Conclusive (meaning smoking gun evidence of ESP) might as well mean failure as well in the sense that for many it means the end of their professional careers, with a few notable exceptions.
I don't know why you people always feel that you have to prove everything...I didn't ask you to lol.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-22 14:11:53  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Check the first page bro, I made this topic.

Reading comprehension is something you should really look into.

So you gave birth to this horse-***topic and then just piss on people discussing it? You're not just a troll, you're a total waste of time.

Again with the comprehension nonsense. Look, you're obviously a goon and have nothing more important to do here than post a 'controversial' topic and then troll the people it attracts. This is the last time I'll reply to you for any reason. You have nothing valid or useful to say here... You just incite and insult.

Is that really all you're good for? Don't bother answering, I'm done with this thread.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-22 14:12:13  
Leviathan.Blevien said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Blevien said:
again, you're digging too much into what i wrote and looking for things that aren't there. that was an example of evidence to support the possible existence of "ghosts". what good would my argument be without some kind of reference to support reasoning?
WELL. when your point of reference is to just believe things at face value it makes a bit of sense to believe that you yourself take things at face value, that and again.
If you do want to clarify, what is your position?
What do you believe, how do you come to the conclusion that you believe in what you believe?

I never said to believe things at face value lol. All i've been saying the whole time is, look at the facts from all angles before you make your opinion on something. if the evidence is inconclusive, don't be so quick to dismiss it as a possibility. it doesn't mean something doesn't exist, and at the same time it doesn't necessarily mean it does exist.

my position on paranormal? i believe that there is a possibility it is real, and at the same time i believe that it could be explained by facts that aren't yet known. until we know all the facts about these occurrences, i'll take it for what it is. an unexplainable phenomenon that may or may not be ghosts/spirits. i do, however, find the subject very interesting and would like to know what causes the phenomenon.
why didn't you just say that in the first place rather than saying all that other stuff?
:P

rhetorical question btw.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 14:12:17  
Leviathan.Blevien said:
i believe it's possible there are real psychics in the world. however, i think the larger majority of the people who claim to be psychics are phonies. as for telekinesis, i don't think it's possible considering the need for physical force is necessary to cause any kind of movement.

precognition on the other hand i'm not too sure about. there have been times where i would get a feeling that something was about to happen and then something out of the ordinary would happen. for example, wood shop class when i was in high school. the teacher was teaching the class how to use a router and i got a bad feeling about it right before they turned the thing on. my first instinct was to stand behind the person next to me(better them than me lol). not even 2 seconds after they started it up, the plastic casing that held the router bit in place shattered and the bit flew past right where i had been standing. a piece of the plastic casing hit the kid in front of me in the safety glasses but nobody was hurt. needless to say, that incident scared the ***out of me, not literally thank god lol.

idk if it was precognition or just dumb luck, but that router bit was sharp and i'm lucky i decided to move.
this..
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 14:12:50  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Check the first page bro, I made this topic.

Reading comprehension is something you should really look into.

So you gave birth to this horse-***topic and then just piss on people discussing it? You're not just a troll, you're a total waste of time.

Again with the comprehension nonsense. Look, you're obviously a goon and have nothing more important to do here than post a 'controversial' topic and then troll the people it attracts. This is the last time I'll reply to you for any reason. You have nothing to valid or useful to say here... You just incite and insult.

Is that really all you're good for? Don't bother answering, I'm done with this thread.

You really need to read and understand my earlier posts, I wasn't trolling I was discussing. You ruined this thread with your general douchebaggery.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-22 14:13:36  
locking as per OP request
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-22 14:13:37  
So can you prove or disprove love?
We accept love without it being quantified.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13