users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Need help!
Need help!
 Ifrit.Korebin
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Korebin
By Ifrit.Korebin 2010-09-22 18:34:18  
I am wanting to get my computer compatible for ffxiv! Here is where i need help. Its a dell dimension 5150, so what i am wondering is if all i would need to do is update the video card and maybe add some more ram? I really dont know to much about computers so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-22 18:51:53  
lol at the model # of your computer.

aye buy a new computer, you have a single core p4 look like or rip out your motherboard and completely gut your computer. you need a core2 duo 2ghz, most likely more RAM unless you had bought with max at the time, new graphics card..
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 18:52:25  
more raaam!
 Ifrit.Korebin
By Ifrit.Korebin 2010-09-22 18:56:44  
Yeah i have had it forever, and was hoping to not have to buy a new one. So my processor wouldn't be able to handle it? Or would i be able to with 4 gb ram and the new graphics card? I dont wanna go and buy the ram and card if im gonna need to get a mobo.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-22 19:12:20  
your cpu would blow up brah at least according to their minimum requirements and per my test results running the benchmark on my laptop (just barely didnt make the cut) of which my laptop had core 2 duo but was 1.66ghz not 2.0 benchmark just stopped 1/3 of the way through.
 Ifrit.Korebin
By Ifrit.Korebin 2010-09-22 19:17:07  
Damn...well thanks for the info Tweeek i guess i will just start reading up on how to build a pc. Everyone ive talked to said its not all that complicated! I was just hopping to be able to plug a few new components in and be done with it.