Synthesis Trouble

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Synthesis Trouble
Synthesis Trouble
By Treefish 2010-09-30 16:21:29  
I'm having difficulty grasping the synthesis system even after reading guides. I understand how the color of the aura affects the type of synthesis you should use, but I'm also being told that the size of the aura makes a difference in the success rate. The only time I can notice a difference in the size is when the color is changing rapidly, otherwise the size of the aura appears the same to me. Maybe I'm expecting this system to resemble 11's too much, because I'm trying to synthesize things that are a couple levels ahead of my Armorer rank, 11 -> 15. I guess I'm trying to ask:

Is there a size difference in the aura for any of the solid colors and does it affect the success rate?
Is there any substantial penalty for trying to synthesize things above your rank?

If anyone has any tips or tricks I could try please share them, failing all these synths is driving me mad. lol
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-30 16:35:08  
Just use standard all the way, wait on red. You should be fine. Getting into the fine details is when you are worried about trying to HQ something.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-30 18:11:30  
well unless SE fixed w/e they broke with the last update there isnt much rhyme or reason to crafting atm. had a few lvl1 synths lastnight that i failed every standard synth on every color. SE has posted that the crazy fail rate is a known issue and are looking into it >.>

edit: looks like SE fixed it with todays update
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-30 18:35:49  
Odin.Moondaddy said:
well unless SE fixed w/e they broke with the last update there isnt much rhyme or reason to crafting atm. had a few lvl1 synths lastnight that i failed every standard synth on every color. SE has posted that the crazy fail rate is a known issue and are looking into it >.>

Yeah last night was *** ridiculous.. I couldn't believe the failure rate I was getting..

Today's a bit better, but it still doesn't feel 'right'.
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-30 19:58:19  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:

Yeah last night was *** ridiculous.. I couldn't believe the failure rate I was getting..

Today's a bit better, but it still doesn't feel 'right'.

One friend of mine is complaining about high failure rate still tonight
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-30 20:03:19  
I had 8 straight breaks on a lvl1 synth last night when I was lvl7. >_> I thought I just somehow sucked, lol.
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-30 20:40:50  
WTH there's seriously something wrong, I just failed 10 level one synths in a row being level 1, and the people around me is having a explode fest.
By kwissy 2010-10-01 06:38:09  
I wait on red but I also wait on flashing to be safe.

I really loved crafting but this update has made me grown to hate it. -__- I am constantly failing synths well below my level now.