users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Rick Sanchez fired from CNN~
Rick Sanchez fired from CNN~
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-05 08:55:20  
I never understood all of the Jewish-hate anyways.

Rick is an idiot for what he said, but I can seemingly understand where he's coming from, being of a minority as well.

Kind of ironic he got fired almost immediately after those comments, lol; He got away with a plethora of racial comments across the board, but got pwned by a Jewish one directed at CNN.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-05 09:42:35  
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 10:07:23  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
He shouldn't have gotten fired. People can't have opinions? CNN blantently lies about half the ***they report/half report/biasedly report. Give me a break.
People can have opinions, sure, but people can choose whether or not to pay your for those opinions as well. They pay him to say what they want him to say, not what he wants to say.

Well he wasn't even on CNN when he said them. The guy was on another program, I assume doing his own business. The more I look at this I think rick wanted fired. They replaced his program in the afternoon and it sounded like they didnt want him to anchor anymore. He was probably on the way out the door of the company anyways and didn't give a ***. Personally I think the guy is an idiot, I just dont think we should fire people for being idiots. (The unemployment rate is 10%, if we fire all the idiots in this country we wouldnt even have a government)
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-05 10:12:19  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I just dont think we should fire people for being idiots.

I'm pretty sure you can do whatever the *** you want, and I'm sure he was paid an obscene amount of money to be an idiot. Not sure why CNN would have to put up with that. People get fired every day.. thats how it goes bruh
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 10:21:41  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I'm pretty sure you can do whatever the *** you want, and I'm sure he was paid an obscene amount of money to be an idiot. Not sure why CNN would have to put up with that. People get fired every day.. thats how it goes bruh

Oh believe me I understand. I just think CNN did it to save face, but they still havent addressed the 99 other issues that station has. Seems moot. Its like when Obama fired Van Jones after his radical comments were leaked. Good, but you still havent addressed the other nut jobs in your cabinet who continue to talk about radical ideas like population control. I just wish people would set standards and stick to them.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-05 10:24:38  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Oh believe me I understand. I just think CNN did it to save face, but they still havent addressed the 99 other issues that station has. Seems moot. Its like when Obama fired Van Jones after his radical comments were leaked. Good, but you still havent addressed the other nut jobs in your cabinet who continue to talk about radical ideas like population control. I just wish people would set standards and stick to them.

Definitely a valid point :| the state of mass media and current politics just gets more and more depressing
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 10:31:47  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Definitely a valid point :| the state of mass media and current politics just gets more and more depressing

Its hard tbh. My major is in politics and I can't help but feel its a worthless degree. Most people these days dont understand that politics isn't what you see on the news. Republicans in the senate never believed in death panels, and democrates never believed John Mccain was the same as George Bush. People these days don't seem to realize its all a strategy to get relected. The Tea party is an example of this missinformed movement. I was reading a report the other day that showed our investments in bailing AIG out brought the tax payers a profit of $20billion this year. People are demanding results that can't be brought within a 4 year presidency. Only history is going to show the right and wrong of our current actions. Unfortunately the violent and tumultuous debate that average americans have turned politics into paralyzes government action only to action which will endorse relection. The key is start feeding people "just the facts" and let them make their own conclusion.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-05 10:34:10  
Don Imus called a group of respectable female basketball players a "bunch of nappy-headed hoes"...

Christ, I seriously couldn't say that with a straight face.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 10:37:35  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Don Imus called a group of respectable female basketball players a "bunch of nappy-headed hoes"... Christ, I seriously couldn't say that with a straight face.

Lol I was listening to that program with my dad a few years back when he said it. Shock value is a dangerous thing.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-05 10:38:59  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Don Imus called a group of respectable female basketball players a "bunch of nappy-headed hoes"...

Christ, I seriously couldn't say that with a straight face.
Golden
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-05 14:41:21  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Don Imus called a group of respectable female basketball players a "bunch of nappy-headed hoes"... Christ, I seriously couldn't say that with a straight face.

Lol I was listening to that program with my dad a few years back when he said it. Shock value is a dangerous thing.

I also remember this when it happened and still to this day struggle to find the "Racism" in that phrase.

Rick Sanchez on the other hand, is an idiot, and on of the most dishonest individuals associated in the news business. The only single person that puts him to shame is Olby over on MSNBC.

speaking of.....

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/countdown-with-keith-olbermann/805561/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-05 14:43:13  
I wonder if Howard Stern called a group of female basketball players "nappy-headed welfare thieves", would he be fired?

probably get a slap on the wrist and a handjob for pissing off the nation.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-05 14:49:57  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I also remember this when it happened and still to this day struggle to find the "Racism" in that phrase.

Rick Sanchez on the other hand, is an idiot, and on of the most dishonest individuals associated in the news business. The only single person that puts him to shame is Olby over on MSNBC.

speaking of.....

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/countdown-with-keith-olbermann/805561/
lots of sexisms though.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-05 14:51:57  
Delusional Excelior posts always make my day.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-05 15:42:08  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

speaking of.....

lots of sexisms though.

Sexisms??? Is our skin really so thin?

An update on Rick Sanchez... CNN fired him on the same day that it began running the Elliot Spitzster show. You remember him right? Client #9?? The guy that paid for time with high class prostitutes and screwed them "bareback" with his SOCKS on????

CNN: How the mighty have fallen....

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-05 15:44:08  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

speaking of.....

lots of sexisms though.

An update on Rick Sanchez... CNN fired him on the same day that it began running the Elliot Spitzster show. You remember him right? Client #9?? The guy that paid for time with high class prostitutes and screwed them "bareback" with his SOCKS on????

as opposed to without the socks on?
socks on is a good thing.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-07 22:56:30  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

speaking of.....

lots of sexisms though.

as opposed to without the socks on?
socks on is a good thing.

Socks on is NOT a good thing! Could you be more LAZY?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-07 23:42:40  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Delusional Excelior posts always make my day.

What have been delusional about?
 Sylph.Tebian
サーバ: Sylph
user: tebian
By Sylph.Tebian 2010-10-21 07:00:29  
Rick started in Miami and worked hard to get up the leader of the media world. Its a shame that this one person got single out for his "opinions" when 24/7 there is butt heads the shouting all the time about bigoted stuff and some are extremely over the top. Fire Glen Beck the worlds silliest bigot, who changes his group he hates over other day and then maybe there was reason to fire Rick.

------------
Final Fantasy Radio