users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » killing NMs after pt wipe
killing NMs after pt wipe
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Strange
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-10-10 00:42:59  
so i claimed an NM after a pt wiped to it and killed it, not by myself lol. now i got a tell from flynne whining about why did i steal the NM. we all know if you wipe and can not recover its not stealing. and according to GMs when its yellow its fair game. he asked me if i would be ok if someone stole an NM from me after i wiped, i responded if its a wipe it is not a steal. then the *** tard said i didnt answer his question. any opinions?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-10-10 00:44:35  
stop *** stealing other people's nms
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-10-10 00:46:45  
If it had been a type of thing like where it went yellow for a second cause it they went out of range (like something you would mage-burn, maybe?) and someone took it, that's rude and *** up imo. If they straight up wipe, though, I think that's fair game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-10 00:46:48  
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
stop *** stealing other people's nms
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-10-10 00:48:16  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
If it had been a type of thing like where it went yellow for a second cause it they went out of range (like something you would mage-burn, maybe?) and someone took it, that's rude and *** up imo. If they straight up wipe, though, I think that's fair game.
was a straight up wipe not a bst soloing and lost claim for a second, not mages burning it down just a wipe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oseryu
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-10 00:49:05  
Bismarck.Strange said:
was a straight up wipe not a bst soloing and lost claim for a second, not mages burning it down just a wipe.
This is fair game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 00:49:15  

This....1000x over. You didn't steal ***. According to that guy's logic, if they wipe, its still "theirs" so somebody can kite for 5m-10m w/e and fight it again...lets say they wipe again.. still theirs? (you see where I'm going with this?) ... Exactly.. not theirs if they wipe, end of story.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 01:00:55  
If a whole pt wipes... you dun goofed.

Don't let the nm go to waste (assuming it's one that will depop)
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-10-10 01:02:12  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
If a whole pt wipes... you dun goofed. Don't let the nm go to waste (assuming it's one that will depop)
it was gonna depop too. funny thing is the pt that wiped didnt care only this moronic spectator flynne.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-10 01:17:15  
The GM policy states any monster that is unclaimed (Yellow) is fair game to be claimed. Only an agreeable common courtesy says otherwise.

I personally subscribe to the thought of "Reap what you sow." In other words, treat people with the same respect you wish unto yourself. Personally, given the above situation, I'd say "***happens" and ally with the wipe and help kill, but that's just the way I roll, hate if you want.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-10 01:37:58  
Party wipe > unclaimed NM that will more than likely depop before they have time to recover = wasted pop

Unclaimed NM that's about to depop = Anyone's Chance

End of story
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 01:51:43  
Unclaimed NM that won't depop = Still fair game. You shouldn't have to wait longer to kill what you're after so someone can get their act together. What if it's a rare spawn like Yaanei? If you can salvage an NM take it, but be nice if you don't need something that drops (That one I wouldn't say as a rule, but more of a courtesy).
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-10 01:54:58  
IF a party gets a mob or NM to like say 1-5% I still believe it should still be theres if they wipe. Just really douchey to jack unless they wipe like 3-4 times prior to the wipe at 1-5%.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 01:55:56  
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
IF a party gets a mob or NM to like say 1-5% I still believe it should still be theres if they wipe. Just really douchey to jack unless they wipe like 3-4 times prior to the wipe at 1-5%.

so you're saying if you saw KA at 1% you wouldn't snag it? or AV? I TOTALLY would jack the ***out of that if i saw a wipe..sorry
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-10-10 02:42:03  
Different strokes for different folks. In my opinion, if you wipe and there is no sign of people re-raising to kite while weakened or some other form of stalling while the party recovers, it's not a bad thing at all to take it.

I try to be a courteous person, but I'll be damned if I said I never watched someone who out-claimed me on an NM or was fighting an NM I had interest in and was ready to dia the ***out of it if they died.

All comes down to personal preference and circumstances. No real right or wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-10-10 02:51:51  
I mean if they wipe they lost their chance. Only reason I wouldn't take the NM is if I didn't need it. I mean ***happens if they *** up they can get over it and try again later. No reason you should have to wait or give up your chance because they messed up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-10 03:10:05  
Now, if your waiting for an NM to pop and ur all buthurt that other people got claim over you, and you stand in the way and even try to MPK them to steal the NM... then your *** up. But if u stand on the side and not do anything stupid, fair game vote.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-10 03:10:22  
Well technically you didnt steal it.. and it was fair game cause they wiped.. but honestly still a little shitty... it couldve been possible that they would recover and reclaim...

if it were my group i wouldve waited a couple min and then taken the mob, not at the moment they wiped and the mob went yellow

especially within abyssea.. the time it takes to recover from a wipe there is nearly instant, with the ability to HP/maw warp and conflux warp back to the NM's point.

its a hard call, you probably burned some bridges there though
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-10-10 03:17:22  
imo if its name is yellow, then yea its not stealing. Unless maybe if it was a force popped nm, then id prolly get permission before "stealing" it
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-10 03:24:55  
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
imo if its name is yellow, then yea its not stealing. Unless maybe if it was a force popped nm, then id prolly get permission before "stealing" it
Topdogg: I can haz... steal your mobz

RandomPlayer: *** no.. its a forced pop, that we worked hard for

Topdogg: To bad... I steal naow
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-10 03:34:44  
If the group wipes, its fair game, although, if they did a good amount of work, killing it down, I'd offer any drops that I wouldn't personally want. Or if its good r/ex items that I do want, give them the craft materials if it happens to drop those. Just to be fair.

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 03:34:50  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Well technically you didnt steal it.. and it was fair game cause they wiped.. but honestly still a little shitty... it couldve been possible that they would recover and reclaim...

Thats the whole thing though... they have to reclaim it.. its no longer "theirs". It happens, and it sucks, but nobody can say they have NEVER benefited from another LS's wipe before hehe
[+]
By Muffet 2010-10-10 03:38:59  
"/blist add" why make a thread on this crap.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-10 04:14:34  
Once it's yellow, take the NM, and kill it in style. Show them that they noob'ed it up. Once you do that, if they are still there, and they say ***, do /bow and say thank you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-10-10 04:32:29  
Is there a function to make a poll here?
I'll agree with the aforementioned statements:

Pop NM:
Full wipe + NM yellow + someone zombing it: Leave it
Full wipe + NM yellow: It's yours
Full wipe + NM red: call GM

Time pop NM:
NM yellow: good to go.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-10 04:46:00  
The thing I see wrong with that, if its a time pop NM, and they are zombieing it, they are just delaying the other more efficient group from killing the NM.

[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 04:57:51  
Just throwing my view on this out there.

If the NM is a timed or otherwise competed NM. I will do nothing to hinder or prevent another person/group's ability to kill that NM. It is up to them to defeat it. If they fail to do so, I will take it and kill it.

If the NM is popped by ANY means I will offer to help before they wipe (To speed it up) and if they refuse, I will claim the monster and offer to give it to them if I may help kill it (Again, to speed it up). If they refuse again or otherwise warp, then I will take the abandoned NM for myself.

I mean hey, if I'm there in the first place it is because I wanted to fight the NM. If you're going to spend hours dicking around trying to kill it, I feel it is my duty to somehow put the poor monster out of its misery.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-10 04:59:45  
Learn to read. It's almost 6am, probably shouldn't post, huh?
First Page 2 3 4