Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26
 Siren.Stewie
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-13 19:14:11  
ITT: PLDs mad we called their job bad.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-10-13 19:16:00  
Siren.Stewie said:
whm can be questioned on their usefulness as well since any rdm/sch geared well can replace them on the spot
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 19:19:33  
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Stewie said:
whm can be questioned on their usefulness as well since any rdm/sch geared well can replace them on the spot
Cure 5, Erase/nas without Addendum:White, Esuna, bar spells without wasting strategem, flash, curagas all say hi.

Not to mention my WHMs enfeebling set is likely better than your RDMs.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-10-13 19:21:01  
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Stewie said:

It`s possible, but whm has better cures and most choose /rdm over /sch for convert/refresh and an 85whm/rdm can give u more curing power than an 85rdm/whatever
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-13 19:22:42  
Bismarck.Strange said:

Not true.... actually, if RDM doesn't get Cure V in the december update, RDM will most likely be outdated for EXP pties.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 19:23:11  
Asura.Calatilla said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Stewie said:

It`s possible, but whm has better cures and most choose /rdm over /sch for convert/refresh and an 85whm/rdm can give u more curing power than an 85rdm/whatever
WHM should be /SCH over /RDM in the vast majority of situations.
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Stewie said:
Completely different uses. If anything WHM has gained ground of late, not lost it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-10-13 19:27:09  
strategems aren't an issue good ***you are most likely a burned mage.›.›
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 19:27:51  
Watching Snick post is really annoying. I don't doubt that his LS is good and that he gets ***done, but he comes off with such a douchey attitude(kind of like Excelsior(sp.)). I feel sorry for Nightfyre, a more humble intellectual who still knows his ***, but doesn't try and flame the *** out of things.

I think it'd be cool if some of the humble intellectuals would have gotten together(Raen and Night first come to mind). I think they'd make a good group that didn't feel like they were forced to come "only useful jobs" to things by their *** leaders, and that they'd still be able to accomplish big things in this game(while actually *gasp* having fun).

Unfortunately, you get people like Snick who are set in their ways about things that are useful and things that are pointless. I'm pretty sure Raenryong does most his stuff with RDM still, despite the "oh god, bring a real DD for this, it would be so much faster and better". I see him as enjoying the game, not playing it like it's some job that has to be performed well to feel like you're good at it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 19:30:05  
Asura.Calatilla said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Stewie said:

The only reason to sub /RDM before June(And maybe even March) would be for Fast Cast to cap cure spellcasting time with just merits and cure clogs. With all the FC and cure spellcasting- gear, any WHM can easily cap it.

Convert isn't really that useful because with refresh atmas I can't even tell you the last time I've gone below even 300MP, and there's always temp items (This is all abyssea obviously)

/SCH however gives strategems obviously allowing almost constant AoE -nas and Penury really does save a lot of MP if you don't need the strategems. Dark arts+Aspir once a minute (when applicable) is also very nice. I've yet to even see another WHM with a dark magic set, it's depressing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 19:33:35  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Watching Snick post is really annoying. I don't doubt that his LS is good and that he gets ***done, but he comes off with such a douchey attitude(kind of like Excelsior(sp.)). I feel sorry for Nightfyre, a more humble intellectual who still knows his ***, but doesn't try and flame the *** out of things.

I think it'd be cool if some of the humble intellectuals would have gotten together(Raen and Night first come to mind). I think they'd make a good group that didn't feel like they were forced to come "only useful jobs" to things by their *** leaders, and that they'd still be able to accomplish big things in this game(while actually *gasp* having fun).

Unfortunately, you get people like Snick who are set in their ways about things that are useful and things that are pointless. I'm pretty sure Raenryong does most his stuff with RDM still, despite the "oh god, bring a real DD for this, it would be so much faster and better". I see him as enjoying the game, not playing it like it's some job that has to be performed well to feel like you're good at it.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 19:33:58  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Nightfyre and I are actually quite good friends out of game. He's easily one of my best friends. I'm quite glad to know him and I admittedly to rely on him a lot. He's easily the brains in the LS but I bring us together.

I'm really not this big of a douche in game, I'm actually can be one of the nicest people around. I'm constantly giving away AF3 seals we don't need just cause I'm too lazy to try to sell them.

You're making a lot of assumptions about me, and maybe justly so, but believe me when I say I am far from how I portray myself on forums in real life or even in game.
Bismarck.Strange said:
strategems aren't an issue good ***you are most likely a burned mage.›.›
What is this i dont even
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-13 19:36:09  
Fenrir.Snick said:

WHM
dark magic
???

Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 19:41:28  
Pretty much. Although I lack Nashira cause nobody does Ultima anymore (Including the LS I make do whatever the *** I want, oh noes evil LS leader)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-13 19:45:18  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Pretty much. Although I lack Nashira cause nobody does Ultima anymore (Including the LS I make do whatever the *** I want, oh noes evil LS leader)
Well... Teal slops would be slightly better than nashira
 Fenrir.Yinsha
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-13 19:47:05  

Bahamut.Aiyana
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 19:53:42  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

WHM
dark magic
???

Caecus Grip!
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 19:55:31  
Yinsha why do you ignore my tells? :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 19:56:17  
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Caecus Grip!
Speaking of that... you think it's pronounced *** us? Cause that's how I say it
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 20:21:27  
I like that you think I have a douchy attitude just because I throughly research EVERYTHING and back up everything I say with facts. I guess knowing something vs giving an opinion makes you a douche bag. While you think everything is simply an opinion there are clear-cut answers to many questions regarding optimal jobs in this game. I'd explain this to you but I am reminded of the Jermey Taylor who said:

"It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not."

Good luck with your thread gentlemen.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 20:24:58  
But I love you even if you are a fake taru :c
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-13 20:30:03  
when did snick make a shell !?
i would of luved to be in it :O
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-13 20:30:49  
Probably See - Kus. but idk.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-13 20:34:52  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Sorry if you guys use ballad over march they arent intelligent tanks. (the exception here is when you arent meleeing). The hate from joytoy and atonement is > ballad III spam. Yes, there are a lot of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE plds out there. I've been main tanking years before atonement was released, I'm fairly sure I know how to generate and cap hate. Like I said before once you're at the cap the only thing that matters is the recap rate.

THose mobs are moot. If you blink tank them then any job can tank them. The only variable would be how much healing it would take.

There's a difference between Tanking something, and just taking damage. Honestly, the more I read your posts, the more I realize you really don't know anything about actually tanking something.

I really don't know what else to say, I witness PLD's being used to much greater efficacy than any claims otherwise daily. Your claims and a few others' of the jobs suspect use are completely opposite of what I see on a daily basis in the game.

Maybe the enmity calculations on the Odin server are different, or maybe all but a handful of Paladin's blow significant quantities of ***.

I've said my piece as a third-party support that feels the job is quite effective in its given role, more than enough so to justify the use of a party/alliance slot.

Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 20:38:43  
Maybe your DD suck then? Not an insult to your or your shell, but there is no way a PLD should ever be keeping hate with competent DDs present.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 20:39:51  
Seriously what is wrong with you people. If you want a tank with lots of hate use a blu!!!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-13 20:43:43  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Maybe your DD suck then? Not an insult to your or your shell, but there is no way a PLD should ever be keeping hate with competent DDs present.

I'm not a PLD, so bear with me while I theorize how they can do it.

First off, yes, we DD"s will pull hate, and can take some shots, and mind you, the target's are debuffed like any good group will do, I believe our best PLD's just time their actions with the monster's attack delay, so that the next attack round will 99.9999% be directed at them. Even if the DD's are at hate cap, the monster always ~Attacks~ the Paladin. (And not just Paladin, but whatever they are tanking on, which ranges from RDM to DRK and anything with a non-passive reliable hate-mechanism, they just prefer PLD for the job)

Fights that we don't use PLD on ever, are usually fights with weird Enmity rules, like Lusca, not that that needs any more than 4 people to bring down.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 20:45:39  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

I'm not a PLD, so bear with me while I theorize how they can do it.

First off, yes, we DD"s will pull hate, and can take some shots, and mind you, the target's are debuffed like any good group will do, I believe our best PLD's just time their actions with the monster's attack delay, so that the next attack round will 99.9999% be directed at them. Even if the DD's are at hate cap, the monster always ~Attacks~ the Paladin. (And not just Paladin, but whatever they are tanking on, which ranges from RDM to DRK and anything with a non-passive reliable hate-mechanism, they just prefer PLD for the job)

If that is true. It sounds like they're doing a damn good job of making the best with a terrible system and we should all be complaining at SE instead of each other.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-13 20:46:42  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sorry if you guys use ballad over march they arent intelligent tanks. (the exception here is when you arent meleeing). The hate from joytoy and atonement is > ballad III spam. Yes, there are a lot of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE plds out there. I've been main tanking years before atonement was released, I'm fairly sure I know how to generate and cap hate. Like I said before once you're at the cap the only thing that matters is the recap rate. THose mobs are moot. If you blink tank them then any job can tank them. The only variable would be how much healing it would take.
There's a difference between Tanking something, and just taking damage. Honestly, the more I read your posts, the more I realize you really don't know anything about actually tanking something. I really don't know what else to say, I witness PLD's being used to much greater efficacy than any claims otherwise daily. Your claims and a few others' of the jobs suspect use are completely opposite of what I see on a daily basis in the game. Maybe the enmity calculations on the Odin server are different, or maybe all but a handful of Paladin's blow significant quantities of ***. I've said my piece as a third-party support that feels the job is quite effective in its given role, more than enough so to justify the use of a party/alliance slot.

Consider I've made a career out of tanking I think I know quite a bit.

Listen carefully.

If you go pld/nin about 90% of melee attacks directed at you should be absorbed by shadows.

Guess what!? Any job can /nin so almost every job takes about the same melee damage when /nin. The only exception to this are mobs that attack exceptionally fast in which case you don't blink tank. I think I clearly outlined that point because you bolded it.

Each job takes the same magic damage. (Unless pld has some -magic trait that I don't know about)

Assuming this then you conclude that each job has the same damage taking capacity. You might argue Rampart and Sentinel and they are critical when holding a mob with two people, however, HNM is now dead so that point is moot.

Now that we've established that each job takes about the same physical and magical damage we move to the last aspect of tanking: Hate.

Damage is by far the greatest source of CE in the game. Guess what jobs do a lot of damage? (Hint: DDs) PLDs in theory should cap hate faster because of cure cheats but in terms of standard, constant, average, emnity gain a DD is greater. Exceptions to this are extremely high damage resistant mobs. I think we can both agree there arent many mobs out there like that.

PLD can be useful for SOME situations where u want minimal curing and you don't need to worry about hate that much. However, generally PLD is not that useful.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-13 20:56:12  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Consider I've made a career out of tanking I think I know quite a bit.

Donald Trump made a career out of being rich, and still had to file for Bankruptcy protection.

First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26