Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-26 10:51:56  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
How about an atma with insane emnity?
Sure, that would let PLD get and maybe keep hate at the outset. But when SAMs and Wars are busting out 4-5k weapon skills there's no way a PLD will keep hate.

I'm not so sure, i've done minikin monstrosity on my war and been able to avoid getting hate...imagine if you swung emn the other way.

MM is just like -10 enm so it would'nt make a very big difference <_>
Sure you just did'nt do alot less dmg because of a weak atma compared to what you usually use? lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-26 10:52:18  
But why should anyone be forced to use an Atma that's nearly useless for their job just to help the PLD keep hate. There's a lot of things they could give to PLD that would give them a lot better enmity management.

- PLD shoulda got something like collab/accomp maybe with a lower recast.
- Their own provoke.
- Flash II.
- 5-10% higher enmity cap than other jobs.
- Atonement damage cap raised to 1250-1500.
- Any monster resistence to Atonement removed.
- Maybe a JA that reduces enmity fade rate over time or from taking damage.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-26 10:57:29  
The reason PLD is "useless" compared to DD tanking is the fact that DD jobs cap hate faster than PLD, by dealing alot more dmg.
Unless PLD could fulltime sentinel for +100 enm or some ***, this is allways gonna be the "problem".
If you have'nt allready, read up on how enmity works and you'll understand why DD tanks works so much better <_>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-26 11:04:32  
Well it's not just that, but also dealing dmg while tanking. Effectively filling to roles at once.

PLD dd is ***, so it cannot effectively do the same.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-26 11:11:59  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well it's not just that, but also dealing dmg while tanking. Effectively filling to roles at once.

PLD dd is ***, so it cannot effectively do the same.

This too.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-26 11:13:55  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
How about an atma with insane emnity?
Sure, that would let PLD get and maybe keep hate at the outset. But when SAMs and Wars are busting out 4-5k weapon skills there's no way a PLD will keep hate.
I'm not so sure, i've done minikin monstrosity on my war and been able to avoid getting hate...imagine if you swung emn the other way.
MM is just like -10 enm so it would'nt make a very big difference <_> Sure you just did'nt do alot less dmg because of a weak atma compared to what you usually use? lol

Again I wasn't pumping out damage it just kept me from pulling unnecessary hate. There is no sense is showing what kind of damage you you can pump out if you kill the nm without procing all the !!. Its about finesse and not look at me and my huge dd penis.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-26 11:15:47  
Okay, so you've established that PLD can hold hate while DDs prod red !!. Awesome, now if DDs only use their crappy elemental WS on everything PLD is fixed!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-26 11:21:33  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Okay, so you've established that PLD can hold hate while DDs prod red !!. Awesome, now if DDs only use their crappy elemental WS on everything PLD is fixed!

Look theres many ways to play this game.

Here is how we farm nm's. I let my 2 nin's hold the nm while everyone cycles through w/e they were assigned. Once we proc w/e we need the dd's and blms go nuts and finish the *** off. Its quick and easy since I have 12-18 people that will go into abyssea together. It may be stupid or w/e for us to go in with so many, but its really a group of friends that have been playing together for a long time and like doing things together.

Also...I recall PLD is useful for getting coins in WoE ~.o
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-26 11:26:48  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Here is how we farm nm's. I let my 2 nin's hold the nm while everyone cycles through w/e they were assigned. Once we proc w/e we need the dd's and blms go nuts and finish the *** off. Its quick and easy since I have 12-18 people that will go into abyssea together. It may be stupid or w/e for us to go in with so many, but its really a group of friends that have been playing together for a long time and like doing things together.

PLD will allways have some uses ofc!
But yeah, if you have 12-18 people, you can spare a person to come PLD I guess..
When you usually have 6-10 people, a PLD is a total waste.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2010-11-26 12:33:21  
The only reason to use pld nowadays is
1) your group is gimp and your dd-tanks are too lazy to do their cruor-buff missions.
2) your group taru dd-tanks dont equip/atma properly to tank nms
3) youre stuck in 2007 and think you need a pld to tank ***...

EVERY nm can be tanked with a DD, and or a NIN(to hold wihle proccing stuff etc) For "holding" eva nin is better 99% of the time since the mob wont get any tp so it doesnt cockblock your !!.

This thread TLDR but i remember some guy in the beginning saying dd cant tank kutharei etc, i lol'd.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-26 14:00:23  
Why is NIN separate from a DD? NIN is a good DD now~
[+]
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-11-26 14:02:40  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

I'm really sincerly not trying to step on any toes, but why are u using 12-18 people for 1 NM? I get your going in with your friends and all, but cmon make better use of your time.

MNK WAR NIN RDM BRD WHM .. thats it. your set for red!! You doing yourself and your friends a greater service by spreading out your resources.

On the PLD issues, its not really about enimity or tanking in the traditional sense. Give any job 3k HP and a whm robot that can cure v and your set, and that what Abyssea for better or ill gives u. Only way I see of letting pld back into the game is by giving it some awsome WS that can fell cleave or put out 2-3k dmg. 1k doesn't even cut it anymore. Hell, maybe a PLD can do a cataclysm staff build and at least provdie an option to farm KI's
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-26 14:14:05  
has anybody seen a pld with Almace yet? there is one on my server who is JP but she's working on her 85 version... maybe thats enough DD power to get pld back in good graces... /shrug
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-26 15:38:08  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
has anybody seen a pld with Almace yet? there is one on my server who is JP but she's working on her 85 version... maybe thats enough DD power to get pld back in good graces... /shrug
Not really, because while any non-staff/club Empyrean beats most non-Empyrean setups you're then comparing it to other Empyreans. For example, Kannagi is on the same path as Almace and a Kannagi NIN is miles ahead of an Almace PLD.

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Sure, but here's the thing: some of those ways are more effective than others. I don't really care if you use less effective setups, but a turd's a turd no matter how you polish it and there's no point in arguing that.

Quote:
So are a variety of other jobs, along with tanking ***with your face.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-26 15:41:26  
How do you know Kannagi is miles ahead of Almace?
You just said you hadn't seen an Almace.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-26 15:46:02  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
No I didn't.

Also, math is hard.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-26 15:49:59  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
I'm no mathologist...
k
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-26 15:55:58  
RIP Men trying to play a heroic role in a video game and finding mithra wives in the process aka. Paladin :( Mbody will always look cool
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-26 16:01:51  
should of bought me one "-"
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-26 16:06:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
No I didn't.

Also, math is hard.
so included in the math is blade:Hi vs Chant dmg?
what are the other variables you accounted for?
Please entertain this layman's need to understand how you established Kannagi > Almace.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-26 16:07:44  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Mithra PLDs should like this at 99.
everything looks good.. butter face >__>
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-26 16:08:55  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
No I didn't.

Also, math is hard.
Please entertain this layman's need to understand how you established Kannagi > Almace.
HAHAHA you got Sattva ring.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-26 16:09:36  
on topic i doubt pld will be a tanking job anymore but i do hope the SE proves me wrong.(increase enmity cap for pld? another voke so you dont need to be /war?)
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-26 16:10:58  
Cerberus.Jogiyat said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Look theres many ways to play this game. Here is how we farm nm's. I let my 2 nin's hold the nm while everyone cycles through w/e they were assigned. Once we proc w/e we need the dd's and blms go nuts and finish the *** off. Its quick and easy since I have 12-18 people that will go into abyssea together. It may be stupid or w/e for us to go in with so many, but its really a group of friends that have been playing together for a long time and like doing things together. Also...I recall PLD is useful for getting coins in WoE ~.o
I'm really sincerly not trying to step on any toes, but why are u using 12-18 people for 1 NM? I get your going in with your friends and all, but cmon make better use of your time. MNK WAR NIN RDM BRD WHM .. thats it. your set for red!! You doing yourself and your friends a greater service by spreading out your resources. On the PLD issues, its not really about enimity or tanking in the traditional sense. Give any job 3k HP and a whm robot that can cure v and your set, and that what Abyssea for better or ill gives u. Only way I see of letting pld back into the game is by giving it some awsome WS that can fell cleave or put out 2-3k dmg. 1k doesn't even cut it anymore. Hell, maybe a PLD can do a cataclysm staff build and at least provdie an option to farm KI's

For what I said above we like doing ***together still. Also with that many I can have a few people camp nm's like bat, peiste, and frog in mis coast for instance. We like it and i'm happy you guys get upset that we do it that way :p
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-11-26 16:12:56  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
No I didn't.

Also, math is hard.
HAHAHA you got Sattva ring.
Yeah I "got" Sattva ring. Also "got" rajas ring.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-26 16:19:41  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
No I didn't.

Also, math is hard.
DoT (Kannagi wins), WS frequency (Kannagi wins), WS damage (don't have CDC mods but have seen no reason to believe it outstrips Hi by any significant margin, if at all), tanking considerations (NIN remains /WAR if shadows are needed, also needs to cast shadows less frequently resulting in greater uptime), atmas (NIN benefits more from Gnarled Horn than PLD because Hi is AGI modded and it can also make use of the eva from AGI for even more uptime when tanking, but CDC is DEX modded so Razed Ruins has additional benefit for PLD), TP & WS gear considerations (along with buffs, especially the potential presence of Stalwart's Drink).
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-26 16:44:23  
God Night post some math you clearly wrong moron you. My Sattva Ring yearns for it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-26 17:00:23  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Mithra PLDs should like this at 99.
everything looks good.. butter face >__>
Misa Campos, look her up, def not a butter face :p Also PLD will never compete with 80% counter rate, better DPS, 1000more hp, 2-5kWS and KICK ATTACKS ! MNK is too good, forget about NIN :)
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-26 17:30:39  
aight
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26