users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Gardening
Gardening
 Quetzalcoatl.Hixxy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Moomy
By Quetzalcoatl.Hixxy 2009-02-05 20:18:50  
Hey i have a mule trying out planting tree saplings, its been 1 week and 7 days since ive planted them and they still havent needed feeding, just wondering if thats normal? ive checked them everyday.
thanks in advance.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-05 20:22:36  
I've never kept track of how long it takes my saplings, but I do know it's quite a bit longer than tree cuttings. So if you plant those as well, you can compare it to that. (I have a mule plant cuttings that I farm myself, then I plant the saplings. No cost except crystals, anything I get off them is pure profit.) So if you do both, try checking it against cuttings. If not, don't fret yet. They do take forever.
 Ramuh.Jadell
サーバ: Ramuh
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-02-05 22:26:01  
it takes three weeks before you harvest saplings for ore. two weeks for cuttings. you should have had a feed already after one week but you may be up for feeding now and then one more in a week
or you missed a feed
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 23:31:37  
Jadell said:
it takes three weeks before you harvest saplings for ore. two weeks for cuttings. you should have had a feed already after one week but you may be up for feeding now and then one more in a week or you missed a feed

Actually, I found out that it takes about a month or so for saps to fully grow. I guess it depends on the crystals you use and how often you feed/check it.

If you check it every day at certain times, that might also affect the timer a little, but you would also improve rates (in theory) of what you produce.

I also heard something about planting at a certain moon phase also improves/reduces harvest results also, but as that has yet to be proven, I wouldn't take that into much consideration.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-06 00:38:36  
I have a friend that grows sapplings loads, got lots of mules growing it, said he messed around with moon phases and it made no difference to his yeild. Then again moon phases seem to affect a few things so who knows.
 Leviathan.Zelandred
user: Zelandred
By Leviathan.Zelandred 2009-02-06 00:47:26  
At any rate, when you check your plants, if you've missed a feeding it will say "Crystal Used: None"... so... easy to find out.
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-06 01:38:53  
Isn't 1 week and 7 days actually two weeks?
 Leviathan.Fyekuhi
user: Fyekuhi
By Leviathan.Fyekuhi 2009-02-06 01:43:35  
what kind of flower pots are you using my Arcane pots take about twice as long as my Porcelain pots, last set i grew i was on first feeding on my Arcane pots when i was on second feeding for my Porcelain pots
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-02-06 02:25:41  
The time between feedings is also very dependant on the pot you used.

I keep a reasonably good log of my gardening and heres one of my old crops:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p-Hgau2FiqwsD6SB3RQgVJA

I have 3 mules, each with a set of pots, 1 with Brass, 1 with Arcane and 1 with Proceline.

The Brass and Proceline pots run a consistant 19-22 day cycle. Whereas the Arcane take 10-13 days longer (50% increase in time).
(Those timings hold true of any crystal, the pot has the greatest effect of feeding date, the crystal just moves it by 1-2 days per feeding)

I have about a dozen crops all documented in the same way and and they are all within the tolerances above.

Due to the larger cycle time I am now actually selling my arcane pots, rather than the orginal plan was to replace all my pots with arcane.

The arcane can held highier than the other pots, but any other pot would be half way through their next cycle.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hixxy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Moomy
By Quetzalcoatl.Hixxy 2009-02-06 06:54:48  
thanks for the replies, im using 10 arcane pots so your(Argettio) explanation sounds about right (10-13 days longer) thanks again.
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-02-10 11:30:01  
Argettio said:
The time between feedings is also very dependant on the pot you used. I keep a reasonably good log of my gardening and heres one of my old crops: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p-Hgau2FiqwsD6SB3RQgVJA I have 3 mules, each with a set of pots, 1 with Brass, 1 with Arcane and 1 with Proceline. The Brass and Proceline pots run a consistant 19-22 day cycle. Whereas the Arcane take 10-13 days longer (50% increase in time). (Those timings hold true of any crystal, the pot has the greatest effect of feeding date, the crystal just moves it by 1-2 days per feeding) I have about a dozen crops all documented in the same way and and they are all within the tolerances above. Due to the larger cycle time I am now actually selling my arcane pots, rather than the orginal plan was to replace all my pots with arcane. The arcane can held highier than the other pots, but any other pot would be half way through their next cycle.

Nice chart Argettio. I noticed that you do your planting and some of your fertilizing on darksday. Do you find that by doing both on a element neutral day you get better results? I garden wildgrass and I plant and fertilize on the day of the crystal I'm using and I've been getting fairly consistent results. Out of 6 mules I'll have one with a great yield, one with a crappy yield and 4 with average yields. One strange thing I have noticed time wise is if I plant late in the day (I'm on PST) it takes longer for my plants to sprout but they are ready to be fertilized earlier than usual.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-16 16:54:16  
Can anyone offer up some day/moon/pot advice for consistant (within reason) ore harvesting? Materials for my goldsmithing is rather breaking and being able to grow my own for beads is a tasty reprieve that I want to take advantage of.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3941 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kerfuffle
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kerfuffle
By Sylph.Kerfuffle 2019-12-02 09:54:01  
Use Arcane pot, crystal on full moon the crystal of the ore you want. Harvest on full moon. Examine everyday. Invent a time machine and go to 2019 when ele ores are as cheap as Iron ore.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-02 09:57:08  
Does anyone here do gardening for some cooking supplies?
Or are all the materials capable of being farmed in sufficient quantities via furrows/grove?
 Fairy.Kerfuffle
サーバ: Fairy
user: Kerfuffle
By Fairy.Kerfuffle 2019-12-02 10:03:56  
I've been wondering if there is anyone that still does it for anything worth while.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-12-02 10:12:25  
I've done it in the past to help a friend with getting a bunch of Kitrons, I think a few materials like that might be hard to come by otherwise.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-02-04 04:11:12  
Chimerawizard said: »
Does anyone here do gardening for some cooking supplies?
Kitrons, Wild onions and Tarutaru Rice. I have mules growing these most of the time.
 Asura.Radamantis
By Asura.Radamantis 2020-02-04 04:38:18  
Vomp Carrots atm
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2020-05-21 00:30:54  
how often do you check your plants, and do you check on specific days? I use to think this was a factor, now I have some doubts.