Amano Still Worth It?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Amano still worth it?
Amano still worth it?
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-15 09:36:27  
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yea, but at that point you're not locked in. If he's traded in currency, only locked into stage 3 losswise. (and even then, that's still only 48/178, still not much in the big picture.

I suppose, are any relics even worth it anymore? Spharai are I heard, but that's about it.
Ghorn.

Ghorn has lost a lot of ground now due to

1) The + skill not helping anymore (atm) due to March capping at 600 total skill

2) With Ballad+1 now, Ghorn is only adding +2mp/tick which is hardly worth it with the amount of refresh out now.

3) There is some instruments now that have +3 to some songs which makes those better to use than ghorn

Right now, all Ghorn really is is a space saver, until we get a new march song with a higher skill cap or Ghorn gets trials, its hardly worth the time and effort to make it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-15 09:38:25  
Biggest use for skill was song tiers and macc, March now caps and can be reached without merits, and as of now, there's not much difficulty landing debuffs on anything. Other instruments have +3 to songs, so Ghorn doesn't beat that. So yeah it's +inv space right now, like I said it and other relics need bigger and better trials.

Edit: Bah beaten
 Bahamut.Kymira
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-10-15 09:43:13  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yea, but at that point you're not locked in. If he's traded in currency, only locked into stage 3 losswise. (and even then, that's still only 48/178, still not much in the big picture.

I suppose, are any relics even worth it anymore? Spharai are I heard, but that's about it.
Ghorn.

Ghorn has lost a lot of ground now due to

1) The + skill not helping anymore (atm) due to March capping at 600 total skill

2) With Ballad+1 now, Ghorn is only adding +2mp/tick which is hardly worth it with the amount of refresh out now.

3) There is some instruments now that have +3 to some songs which makes those better to use than ghorn

Right now, all Ghorn really is is a space saver, until we get a new march song with a higher skill cap or Ghorn gets trials, its hardly worth the time and effort to make it.
Your avatar has me in a trance.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2010-10-17 04:46:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
For math purposes, I had Kine just assume Victory Smite > Asuran, since we don't know the exact numbers to get correct calculations and it still came out 5-8% ahead. In reality, Victory smite crushes the *** out of asuran from the screenies I've seen. Especially w/ crit atma in abyssea, I've seen screens of 3k+ (it's a crit based ws)

Wouldn't it be Ascetic's vs. Victory Smite? Assuming proper atmas, when would you really ever use Asuran anymore?

Anyways, 85 Masamune really does crush 85 Amano. It's easier to 5hit Amano, but not impossible to 5hit Masa. And 6hit Masa can/will still beat 5hit Amano. With level 90 gear and new stp tier for sam, it will only become easier to 5hit Masa and leave Amano even farther behind. But who knows, maybe they will give relics OAT, ODD, or empy WS and they might still have a chance.

edit: In case anyone was wondering. It took 6 days from the day i received my first gem to finish 85 masa. I was pretty hardcore but it's not as impossible as relics are for normal players.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 05:34:49  
little off topic buuuuuuuuuuut...

anyone know how Armageddon compares to Annihilator?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 06:27:00  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Been debating atm, I have stage3 gkt atm (lolstage3) about half way done with stage4 (Have Attestation of Decisiveness and Necropsyche already, just missing fragment). But with Masamune out and all, is it even worth finishing/continuing?
Personally, from what I've seen from Masamune, Amano is not worth it.
Fudo x2 makes light, along with the Aftermath of double damage occasionally. Unless you have absolutely nothing else you need with the gil you're using for this, don't waste your time and money. Time most deffinitely. Not only does this cost you a pretty penny, but there's more than 8500 WSs to dish out, 7000 being on the killing blow. As someone said earlier, you're not even a 1/3rd of the way there on the 75 weapon. You're better off using your time to get pop sets for Carabosse and Cirein-Croin. Oblit has a guide on the forums for low-manning Carabosse, and RDM can solo Cirein. The only thing Amano has over Masamune is atk down on the mob, which would be good for Tanking situations, but otherwise, Masamune tears it appart.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-17 13:22:53  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
little off topic buuuuuuuuuuut...

anyone know how Armageddon compares to Annihilator?
Wildfire seems to be more of a Leaden Salute +1 than a Slug Shot +1, so it's probably geared more towards CORs. Both Coronach and Wildfire have reduced enmity, but Coronach has the aftermath so take that as you will.

Jishnu's Radiance on the other hand might be your Sidewinder killer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [356 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mavix
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mavix 2011-10-08 13:33:45  
Some relics are still great.

Guttler > Farsha for example

Annihilator is still good too. But with Yoichi taking a back seat to Gandiva I'm curious if Gandiva is better than Annihilator.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-08 13:35:43  
wow a year later lol. And Yoichi has not taken a backseat to Gandiva. At all.
[+]
 Asura.Loneshadow
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-10-08 13:53:19  
Amano > Masamune now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-08 18:24:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Mavix said: »
Some relics are still great.

Guttler > Farsha for example

Annihilator is still good too. But with Yoichi taking a back seat to Gandiva I'm curious if Gandiva is better than Annihilator.
lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-10 16:33:29  
Asura.Loneshadow said: »
Amano > Masamune now.
Masamune very much still has a use over Amano. I only see Amano being better when the Acc is needed.
[+]
By Kajimaru 2011-10-24 17:06:34  
From the point of view of someone who does not have a large group to oraganize and would plan to either solo-duo-trio the way to a relic/mythic, what would my better choice be?

I'm not concerned about out-damaging everyone and more concerned about being flexable in different situations.

Should I really work on getting both Amano & Masa to use depending on situations?

@.@ So much info to take in.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-24 17:13:19  
Relics take no time at all to create, and most people will probably never finish an Empyrean(to 99, that is). Difference between Amano and Masa is negligible, and Amano will almost assuredly be better at 99. Can't justify creating a new Empyrean at this point for most cases.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-10-24 17:18:59  
*** stupid necro from some *** with a 2002 anal sex joke as a player icon talking about how good guttler is and some blathering about RNG weapons he can't possibly begin to understand
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-24 17:19:47  
USE COMMAS, PLEASE.
 Asura.Loneshadow
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-10-24 17:26:15  
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Amano > Masamune now.
Masamune very much still has a use over Amano. I only see Amano being better when the Acc is needed.

95 Amano is easier to get, and with the damage bonus and increase to 2.5x dmg rate. Amano easily beats Masa, and alot of VW are evasive giving Amano even more ground.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-10-24 17:32:28  
easily better?

situationally better
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-10-24 17:33:00  
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Amano > Masamune now.

95 Amano is easier to get, and with the damage bonus and increase to 2.5x dmg rate. Amano easily beats Masa, and alot of VW are evasive giving Amano even more ground.

I can see it beating 95 Masa on evasive things, but not on anything else.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-24 17:36:11  
That necrobump is so wrong in many ways...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [126 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-27 05:06:37  
Sorry for the necro just didnt want to start a new thread when one was available.

Now i have a Masa @85 working on 90 (shouldnt take long now to 90). as a off note im also building a twash to off hand with my Mandau.

Now 1500 plates is no small feat to attain so which way i use the 1500 is yet undecided.

Chances are i wont be making a 99 relic, dont have the capacity to kill ADL nor am i dumb enough to pay the 80mil a vile lol. I mean rather than pay 400mil for Lv.99 id rather buy a KC, and build 2 more relics lol but i digress.

How does 90/95 Masamune compare to 95 Amanomurakumo? is the difference big enough to warrant making one?

As a side note how does 99 respectively for both compare?

Reason behind my asking is for my next (most likely my last) relic im gonna make either the Amano or yoichi. So if the Amano simply aint worth the time investment over the Masamune then ill start working on my Yoichi instead (and maybe a Occ. 2-4 attack GK to compliment Yoichi spam lol).

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your responses
By Quiznor 2012-02-27 06:39:56  
From what I understand,you'd be better of building the mythic.Its alot rarer,a bit more expensive,harder to make,but in return you'd be getting the best weapon of the lot of them.With the new meritted WS and 300% aftermath,you'd be destorying everything else I believe.

Not to mention the mythic GK is the best looking weapon in the game.

And as always,superior ***always costs more/takes more work.
 Fenrir.Rekial
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-02-27 06:44:44  
Mythic is 3 times as expensive as an Amano. At least on Fenrir lol.

What you're looking at here, excluding mythic, is what benefits do you actually gain from amano vs masa?

With shoha being as good as it is, let's assume you'll be using that ws (unless you somehow got a 99 amano with 40% increase to kaiten). That mean's no fudo and it's aftermath, so then masa just becomes a high base damage gk with a good amount of str on it. Amano provides 35 acc, and an always active ODD, plus a higher base damage.

However, 99 masamune is easier to get than 99 amano.

IMO the always active ODD is what sells amano for me.
By Quiznor 2012-02-27 06:55:46  
Fenrir.Rekial said: »
mythic is 3 times as expensive as an Amano. At least on fenrir lol.

ON Sylph bronze are 7.5k-8k,and lately alex has been coming down to around 6k (except for some JP shouting to buy at 12k,so it might go back up).Now either way its gonna be more expensive,as expected.

But from what i understand you're getting a significantly better weapon in every way,so its worth it to an extent (because I dont believe in this 300mil+ mythic ***) but I never said buy all the alex.I havent bought any since they rose from 3k.But logically to me,I cant see why anyone would build an inferior weapon just because its "easy".Use everything from that time on something better,and boom you're half way done with the hard part of a better weapon.Not to mention the exclusivity factor.

Edit: Nvm,ignore everything I posted.I just dont get it sometimes. /slapself
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-27 07:09:50  
Fenrir.Rekial said: »

With shoha being as good as it is, let's assume you'll be using that ws (unless you somehow got a 99 amano with 40% increase to kaiten). That mean's no fudo and it's aftermath, so then masa just becomes a high base damage gk with a good amount of str on it. Amano provides 35 acc, and an always active ODD, plus a higher base damage.

However, 99 masamune is easier to get than 99 amano.

IMO the always active ODD is what sells amano for me.

I dont know why you just totally wrote off Masa's aftermath...

It is incredibly easy to keep up. 300tp fudo > shoha spam till worn.
By Quiznor 2012-02-27 07:19:52  
300tp fudo just for aftermath that'd have have ODD anyways is also 3 unusuaed shoha's
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-27 07:24:29  
so from the gist of whats being discussed, forget Yoichi, Amano beats Masa on the active 2.5x dmg without Aftermath. and at 99 Amano obliterates Masa?

Or am i reading wrong?

As for the Mythic, its nothing i considered, may do but for now id just like to see which is the better of the 2 Amano and masa :)

Thanks
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-27 07:26:29  
Quiznor said: »
300tp fudo just for aftermath that'd have have ODD anyways is also 3 unusuaed shoha's

Well then it depends on what you are doing. (like everything in this game). VW is incredibly easy to keep the aftermath up with wings and usually start fights at 300tp (meditating while waiting).

Fodder mobs where att is capped on the mob fudo pulls ahead or is even with shoha.

Then abyssea, shoha is usually the better choice in aby depending on what you are fighting.