BLM Tries To D2 You Againt Your Will?!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » BLM tries to D2 you againt your will?!
BLM tries to D2 you againt your will?!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 20:27:40  
Zanno said:
Wooooodum said:
Zanno said:
Dunno if its true or not, but I've heard ppl got their Warp II taken away for a certain amount of time coz they've recieved too many coplaints that they've d2 ppl that didnt wanna be d2.
Where did you hear that? From Kev down the road who heard from his mate Charlie who heard from his Nephew George who heard it from the Cat next door called Tibbles who heard it from the Cat from Number Sixty Four called Mittens who overheard Mr and Mrs Marmite talking about it over dinner with Mr. Baker who heard it himself from his mate on Bahamut Server called Xxpwndynamite? (PS. I would like to know if this is true, so if you have a screenshot or something, that'd be ace!)

your respons to everything is sarcasm.

No, someone told me he lost his ability to D2 ppl because he had missused it, HE claimed someone called GM, and the GM took it away. I'm not claiming anything.

And ofcourse i take screenshots everytime someone says something that sounds unbeblievable. only so i can show them to you later on. Beacause really, how could I live with myself if I wasn't able to prove everything I hear to you?

Yes, my response to comments like "I heard this", "I heard that" is sarcasm. Claims like that are often only worth sarcasm unless somebody provides some proof.

There's really no need to be like that, though. I wasn't rude whatsoever, no need for you to be. I asked for proof, you don't have it.

Zanno said:
And ofcourse i take screenshots everytime someone says something that sounds unbeblievable.

Somebody telling you they had their Warp 2 spell taken away from them because they used it unwillingly too much, so a GM took it away?

I think most people would screenshot that, lol.

Zanno said:
Beacause really, how could I live with myself if I wasn't able to prove everything I hear to you?

If you don't want to prove something, don't post it in the first place. No need to be an *** to me about something you posted.

I was merely asking for a screenshot so that I could see for myself. By that point I'd already made it clear I thought what you heard might be untrue and was merely intrigued to see any screenshots you might have. If you don't have one, just say "I'm sorry, I never took one". No need to be so damn rude for no reason.

PS. Before you claim my sarcasm is rude, it's not, because it's not directed at you or about you, like yours is to me. Mine is good humour sarcasm, which makes no jokes or remarks on your part. I know you'll respond badly, though, because that seems to be how you perceive everything I say.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 20:47:09  
Yeah, your sarcasm always seems to make fun of other ppl.

If a GM took away MY D2, I sure as hell would have gotten a ss for it. But whats the point in taking a ss of what someone is just telling me? thats your idea of proof? Sure proof that someone said it to me.

Clearly I said that I heard someone saying THEY got their d2 taken away.

Maybe I posted it here to see if anyone else ever heard of something like that.

did I even claim to believe in this?

Zanno said:
Dunno if its true or not, but I've heard ppl got their Warp II taken away for a certain amount of time coz they've recieved too many coplaints that they've d2 ppl that didnt wanna be d2.

ops, I guess i didn't.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 20:55:10  
Zanno said:
Yeah, your sarcasm always seems to make fun of other ppl.

If a GM took away MY D2, I sure as hell would have gotten a ss for it. But whats the point in taking a ss of what someone is just telling me? thats your idea of proof? Sure proof that someone said it to me.

Clearly I said that I heard someone saying THEY got their d2 taken away.

Maybe I posted it here to see if anyone else ever heard of something like that.

did I even claim to believe in this?

Zanno said:

ops, I guess i didn't.

You are like a brick wall it seems.

I wasn't requesting proof. I knew you didn't have any. There isn't any proof, unless you had screenshots of the GM's conversation with this individual informing him that he had temporarily removed his ability to Warp 2. I was asking if you had a screenshot to see out of my own curiosity.

The whole idea of browsing these threads is for entertainment and reading. My point of asking for a screenshot was because I was intrigued. You could have quite simply said, "Sorry, don't have one", but instad, you just had to be rude about it.

As for my sarcasm, who is sarcasm aimed at if not at somebody? But remember, sarcasm being a response to your post and sarcasm being posted at you are two different things. In this case, it was the former, and anyone reading it that doesn't instantly think I'm out to hate the world (Like you clearly do) would've seen this.

Whatever your problem is with me, I kindly ask you to either get over it, or private message me so we can discuss this further. Nobody is impressed with your tough guy e-thug attitude, and I am sure most people would prefer to get back on topic rather than see you continuously be an ***, post after post. So, I kindly ask you now PM me rather than reply in your usual manner here, and we'll settle this like adults and talk about it maturely.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 21:02:34  
my first post on this subject was

"Dunno if its true or not, but I've heard ppl got their Warp II taken away for a certain amount of time coz they've recieved too many coplaints that they've d2 ppl that didnt wanna be d2."

How is that off-topic?

off-topic started when you felt you had to be sarcastic about it all. I never asked if you believed in it, i never said I believed in it.

How is this on topic?

"Where did you hear that? From Kev down the road who heard from his mate Charlie who heard from his Nephew George who heard it from the Cat next door called Tibbles who heard it from the Cat from Number Sixty Four called Mittens who overheard Mr and Mrs Marmite talking about it over dinner with Mr. Baker who heard it himself from his mate on Bahamut Server called Xxpwndynamite? (PS. I would like to know if this is true, so if you have a screenshot or something, that'd be ace!)"
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 21:14:53  
I said:
(PS. I would like to know if this is true, so if you have a screenshot or something, that'd be ace!)"

That is on topic, which you responded to with a rude and abrasive retort. I just can't win with you, can I?

You have once again read one of my comments and ignored the rest. That aspect of conversation with you is clearly foregone, however, so I will say no more on that subject.

Could I possibly ask what your obsession is with staying on topic? You've been praising staying on topic in almost every post you've posted this evening. What is so bad about straying off topic? These forums are here for us to browse, enjoy and post on. If you want to stay on topic so much, might I suggest you stop telling everyone how off topic they're being? This is very hypocritical, since it's all you've actually been doing. You posted four times in the crafting thread and every reply you told me how off topic I was, and completely ignored the very valid points I made on the subject of the thread!

I'm afraid I can not recall when I referred to you as being off topic, could you please quote where I did that? I might just be missing it, it is a little late after all, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

It seems to me you like to see big, long paragraphs after your name so that you feel like you've contributed. All that is coming out is unthoughtful garbage making a big deal about nothing, in this thread and others.

I've become fully aware that I'm unable to post anything with you around without receiving a string of rude and assey behaviour, so I will try my very utmost to make this point clear: Whatever your problem is with me, please private message me and we will discuss it there. As I stated in a post before, people are probably getting very tired of the same ball being bounced between our courts.

It is clear you are out for a fight. You will find no such thing with me, I urge you to become the bigger man right now and PM me. You are only making yourself look bad at the moment. I am trying to extend a parley to you and all I'm getting in return is more of your frightfully rude attitude.

Please, PM me now and explain what your problem with me is. We can resolve it like adults through PM if you are prepared, or you can continue to post here and argue some more. Your decision, my friend.
 Shiva.Chewedankles
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Chewedankles 2009-02-07 21:21:48  
The moral of the story is: Do not party with people you do not trust. If you do, (for BCNM, KSNM, etc.), then just be aware of whats going on. By letting a BLM into your party you are allowing them to opportunity to cast party-only spells on you. Suck it up and move on. I personally would hate to have to select Yes/No to accept a D2 because it is so useful to get rid of unwanted people from events like Dynamis. For example: People are AFK or can't/won't pass the Treasure Pool for the last bit of currency or Artifact gear to drop.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 21:33:18  
It's a shame when you go and do some of these events that a thought at the back of your mind will always be "Need to be ready to stop anyone trying to ninja lot or D2 people". The problem persists for both sides, however, making this a very difficult problem to resolve.

Somebody ninja lotting drops needs to be removed as soon as possible. Having to accept a warp would, of course, ruin this method of stopping them entirely. Somebody being warped who shouldn't be would have to accept, making it a good thing.

Since both are dominant issues in ethical play of Final Fantasy XI, it's not so easy to impliment the "most important", for lack of a better term. One solution would be to impliment "Whoever Trades Dynamis Glass / Orb / Pop Item has Absolute Kicking / Cast Lots / Passing Rights".

Imagine how simple it'd be if I could make somebody in my Dynamis runs pass a drop? This would be extremely useful when an item is about to be lost at the last moment too because people don't pass fast enough.

"Select All, minus PersonA. Execute "Pass"". Job done.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
サーバ: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-02-07 21:38:47  
I had that happen in the dunes some BLM was anon and asking people if they wanted to party and D2ing them of course my hp was just right there but i blisted them right away
so you never know who is going to do what unless you know them for real life.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 21:40:49  
Brahmdut said:
so you never know who is going to do what unless you know them for real life.

That's true, but even then, a friend might do it for a joke thinking it's amusing. I could understand why somebody would find it amusing warping you from Valkurm Dunes Outpost to... Valkurm Dunes Outpost. If it was a stranger, then I wouldn't find it quite as amusing, though!
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-02-08 01:44:50  
About Dynamis/Nyzul/Salvage

As an example, when hourglass get canceled in Dynamis SE should make the following change: every item drop to the person with the highest lot. Even though they updated drop rate in northlands, Dynamis is still a lot of work and some relics can still take a while to drop if you go unlucky. We pay for hourglass, we invest 3 hours non-stop, you compete with people for points and cast lot... Losing AF and currency after you obtained them is just cruel. We do all the work up to having the relic in the treasure pool... at that point they should really make it so you can't lose it. I can't believe it would be that complicated to change it, maybe I'm wrong though.

As using D2 on someone who did cast lot on something he should not... most of the time they intelligent enough to avoid receiving a D2 in the face.

They could even include an option or a command like /autoaccept "warp II", that way people could decide. We give them money every month and most of the time the updates sucks. After years playing this game I get annoyed at things like that now. Something should have been done already for MANY things in the game... Anyway, going on another subject now! >.>

So yea, for it(That accept D2 thing OP was talking about) to work 100% right, they would have to make a change in how treasure pool item are dealt upon events time up and also put an option to choose if you want auto-D2 or not.