SC Trubbles!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SC trubbles!!!
SC trubbles!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 00:08:44  
To spoiler your code, or anything else for that matter, simply use the spoiler tags.

[ spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Also, judging from the code you just posted...you're still using the old format and the old version of spellcast...

I think you should really upgrade to the newer version.
 Diabolos.Karisa
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 00:12:08  
TY Giazz! I actually updated from the link you had posted earlier, do I just need to type something different?
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 00:17:38  
I thought this line at the bottom would have fixed it:

<!--Autosets: Used to handle gear for and after resting-->
<if spell="autoset">
<action type="equip" when="Resting" set="Resting"></action>
<action type="equip" when="Idle" set="Idle"></action>
<action type="equip" when="Aftercast" set="Idle"></action>
</if>

But it doesnt seem to be working. When I rest and stand back up it goes to idle but not after any spell I cast, It is soooo frustrating!
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 00:22:01  
Are you using spellcast 2.32 now then?

If so, you need to upgrade your old spellcast xml code format so that it can work with the newer version of spellcast.

I told you what to do, and fixed your code for the newer version of spellcast, here:

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Also @Karisa

My suggestion would be to download the latest version of spellcast (as of today) from here:

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18551-spellcast-232-updated/

Also, check for other news and plugin updates here:

http://forums.windower.net/forum/8-news/?s=89a3af4da97bacbe67d07f0f36dbf2aa

http://forums.windower.net/forum/5-plugin-updatesreleases/

And as for your SCH XML...

I went ahead and converted it to 2.3+ format, so it can work on spellcast 2.3+

I also fixed a few lines where your original xml was giving errors in Notepad++ xml editor.

I have not tested in game, the xml below (in the spoiler); however, the syntax is correct for 2.3+ and has no errors when running it on Notepad++. It should work once you update your spellcast version.

Also, once you open the spoiler you can notice that the formatting for the code has been lost.

FFXIAH doesn't keep the formatting once you post code, apparently. Therefore, I think you can select to quote my post and see the code in the actual formatting, or if not...then just copy and paste the code, in the spoiler, into the format upgrader and it will format it nicely, aligning everything correctly etc.

If you're still having troubles, maybe I can help sometime tomorrow (unless someone else helps you with this as well before that).

I gotta wake up early tomorrow, so I'm shutting down my PC now.

Good luck.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 00:34:06  
Thanks sooo much Giazz!
Yes I did indeed update to 2.32 from your previous post and copied the new SC XML straight from your spoiler. everything works wonderfully(ty again!), its only the going back to idle after casting im having difficulties figuring out why it wont work.
I took the lines I had posted last right out of my RDM/BLM files(it wasnt in the original SC file I borrowed from Apollyon's spellcast on windower(ty Apo btw) and thats how I got a resting set into her first file.
Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow! ;)
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 01:20:52  
Yeah taht's why I don't like updating spellcast. They keep changing the syntax with very little increase in functionality so I'll just keep it the same
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-18 07:47:52  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah taht's why I don't like updating spellcast. They keep changing the syntax with very little increase in functionality so I'll just keep it the same

^this, last time i downloaded 2.3 my game would crash every time got to the bluescreen and I just ragedeleted back to the old one and had to remake all my xmls cause some awesome person said it was really easy to change and whatever
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 11:48:50  
my old SC are still working proplerly but it reformed one of them to being against the wall like a text document instead of more in the middle... it still works.. i just cant figure out how to move it ^^:

As for your crashing issuie with the last version before the one yesterday it was some small mistake that a forum on windower DL'd would fix up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 12:04:13  
Diabolos.Karisa said:
Thanks sooo much Giazz!
Yes I did indeed update to 2.32 from your previous post and copied the new SC XML straight from your spoiler. everything works wonderfully(ty again!), its only the going back to idle after casting im having difficulties figuring out why it wont work.
I took the lines I had posted last right out of my RDM/BLM files(it wasnt in the original SC file I borrowed from Apollyon's spellcast on windower(ty Apo btw) and thats how I got a resting set into her first file.
Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow! ;)

Well, the reason why I insisted on saying that you still haven't updated your spellcast xml code...is because the one you posted last has stuff like "<action type=" etc. and spellcast 2.3+ does not use that anymore. The one I posted in my spoiler for you earlier, does not have such things either. Perhaps you copied the wrong xml files by mistakes?

Also, make sure that you are absolutely using spellcast 2.32 version, and make sure that you do an //updatresources in game. Also make sure that you have the latest resources.xml file.

You can download 2.32 version of spellcast directly from here:

http://forums.windower.net/files/download/4-spellcast-232/

When you download spellcast 2.32 ...you need to put it in your plugins folder and replace your old spellcast.dll with this new one that you just downloaded.

Then following the instructions in the link below, to update resources, and resources.xml.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18508-resourcesxml-finally-fixed/

Once you're in the link above, in order to manually download resources.xml you need to do a right click then select save link as, and put the file in your plugins folder.

Do remember that when you're adding in new rules to your spellcast xmls, you cannot use the old format...for example: you cannot type stuff like "<actiontype=" etc. ...although if you're really used to typing your code the old way, then you can always type it like that (though I recommend getting used to the new format, it's simpler in my opinion.), but then you must remember to use the format upgrader that I posted earlier, if you must.

If you're absolutely sure that you did all the above updating etc... then fine, we needed to make sure of that first though.

If your rules for your "aftercast" gear still don't work after updating, (and using the code that I had posted for you, which does not use things like "<actiontype=") ...then here's another way to do it:

Just a quick copy and paste from some of my XMLs:

Or this one:

As you can see, I actually have the "aftercast" gear sets inside my spell rules. This works great for me, specially when/if you want to switch to different aftercast gear sets depending on the spell or type of spell.

Those segments of code in the spoiler tags are just some examples. Although keep in mind that the "dollar sign" that is in front of my midcast sets (such as "$Elemental_Nuking-set"), are there because they work with more advanced rules using variables. You can have rules that allow you to switch between, say, a more MAB/INT oriented set, or use a more skill/macc oriented set for those spells, depending on the mob or situation. I can actually cycle through them, switch what's in the "midcast" of my rules, with just a simple in game macro. (by using a "dummy spell" to trigger the changes.)

If you don't use variables for such things, don't worry about it. If you only have one gear set for elemental, enfeebling, dark, enfeeb etc. ... then just simply put the name of the gear set in the "midcast" section, and don't put the dollar sign in front.

As for the castdelay, in case you noticed those... they are there to make sure everything switches appropriately, and somewhat account for some possible lag. They can also be used so that you can determine or set at what point during the casting of a spell(or how long after the casting of a spell, in the case of aftercastdelays), you want to switch to what gear set.

If you follow all that and do it correctly, you should be able to get your xmls working. (on spellcast 2.3+ anyway)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 12:14:25  
Diabolos.Karisa said:
my old SC are still working proplerly but it reformed one of them to being against the wall like a text document instead of more in the middle... it still works.. i just cant figure out how to move it ^^:

...I had already told you how to fix the text alignment here:

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
FFXIAH doesn't keep the formatting once you post code, apparently. Therefore, I think you can select to quote my post and see the code in the actual formatting, or if not...then just copy and paste the code, in the spoiler, into the format upgrader and it will format it nicely, aligning everything correctly etc.

If you use the format upgrader, you need to copy and paste your old code in there, and then click where it says "Update XML" and it will then turn your old code into 2.3+ code, and it will also align and format everything nicely. Then just copy and paste that new code into your XML file.

As for crashing issues, you guys having those problems must have done something wrong. I've never had such problems. As long as you have updated everything correctly, you should not have any problems. The newer versions are actually better.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 12:36:11  
im looking into your spoiler alerts to try to fix the problem but the link to re dl update resources leads to this
now in your file the
<equip when="aftercast" set="Standard" />
would I have to put that after every <elseif>?
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-18 12:51:58  
Like, in here, how would you recomend me fixing this with the
<equip when="aftercast" set="Standard" /> ?
Also Im sorry I ask so many questions, im doing my best to really understand SC and how to change things in files ive taken from the site to meet my needs. This is the first real problem I have had since messing around with it. Once again your help has been greatly appriciated!
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 14:42:58  
Diabolos.Karisa said:
im looking into your spoiler alerts to try to fix the problem but the link to re dl update resources leads to this

Yes, I anticipated this and in a previous post I told you what to do to download the resources.xml file.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Then following the instructions in the link below, to update resources, and resources.xml.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18508-resourcesxml-finally-fixed/

Once you're in the link above, in order to manually download resources.xml you need to do a right click then select save link as, and put the file in your plugins folder.

Look at the bolded text in the quote above. You need to do a right click, and then select save link as. And download it into your windower plugins directory.

Diabolos.Karisa said:

now in your file the
<equip when="aftercast" set="Standard" />
would I have to put that after every <elseif>?

You would have to put it after your <equip when="midcast" set= " " />

For example, I will pick the following rule from your xml:

<elseif Skill="DarkMagic">
<equip set="Dark" />

Now, instead of the way you have it above, you should type it like this:

<elseif Skill="DarkMagic">
<midcastdelay delay="0.5" />
<equip when="midcast" set="Dark" />
<aftercastdelay delay="1.6" />
<equip when="aftercast" set="Idle" />

And just do the same for your other spells.

If you want to get more technical, you may want to play around with the castdelays for different spells, particularly the aftercastdelay. Although the one I posted is a good general one that should work for most.

Diabolos.Karisa said:

Also Im sorry I ask so many questions, im doing my best to really understand SC and how to change things in files ive taken from the site to meet my needs. This is the first real problem I have had since messing around with it. Once again your help has been greatly appriciated!

No problem. There are actually a few different ways to code all this, some more efficient than others. Now if all else fails and you still can't get your aftercast gear to work, but everything else works for you... then there is still another simple work around that you could do.

You could ultimately just make a simple windower script macro with your Idle gear. Then put the address of that script macro in your macro pallet so that you can call it from there, or you could make a windower key bind macro with your Idle gear set.

This way, everytime you want to switch to idle gear, you could press a button/macro and switch to your idle gear set. You won't be automatically changing to Idle gear after casting a spell this way(since it's not beeing done with spellcast), but if you can't get spellcast to automatically switch you to Idle gear after casting a spell, then the only other way would be a windower script macro or key bind macro.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-10-20 00:48:03  
you have been so amazingly helpful and more!! Thanks to you im understanding a lot more about this then I had known prior to. I got it to work for most of my spells but it doesn't want to change after I cast cures.. its silly because I set it up the same way I set it up for nukes and what not but I suppose its a small price to pay for such a complex SC compared to any of my others. Thank you so much for guiding me through this process ;)

If theres any SCH interested in it theres a few gear swaps I plan to change around but heres the basics thanks to giazz and apollyon! enjoy <3
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-21 00:53:34  
i'm having issues lately with my auto-gem, like for example when i load a strategem (and it says enabled) like rapture it wont pick it up when i cast cure afterwards, are there times where parts of the code will just collapse in game and not work any more or did i alter it and just cant tell in a way that wont let it work?