Silence The Critics?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Silence the critics?
Silence the critics?
 Ifrit.Grievus
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 16:15:06  
It is obvious Dark Knight is being driven (unwillingly for the most part) down a path that relies on its use of magic. Though im not totally against the direction SE wants to go with this job I can understand why fellow drks become emo when sams, wars and drgs are seeing so much melee love.

I've been thinking about how SE can silence its critics. They will never make everyone happy but they can ease the pain and make it more enjoyable.

Wouldn't as little as tier 1 in FastCast and/or MAB go along way in making drk better at using whats being forced upon them? Flavor-wise I see nothing that prohibits this addition. FastCast I would obviously prefer in order to allow me to melee efficiently while casting, but the MAB trait could go along way in easing the gear deficiencies drks have for spell dmg output.

I see this as a better (more likely to actually happen) option than creating something new like a pair of stances that affect magic abilities on one side and melee abilities on the other.

Overall I spend 90% of my time as a drk and even at my emo-est I still love the job.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-18 16:51:02  
Ifrit.Grievus said:
It is obvious Dark Knight is being driven (unwillingly for the most part) down a path that relies on its use of magic. Though im not totally against the direction SE wants to go with this job I can understand why fellow drks become emo when sams, wars and drgs are seeing so much melee love.

I've been thinking about how SE can silence its critics. They will never make everyone happy but they can ease the pain and make it more enjoyable.

Wouldn't as little as tier 1 in FastCast and/or MAB go along way in making drk better at using whats being forced upon them? Flavor-wise I see nothing that prohibits this addition. FastCast I would obviously prefer in order to allow me to melee efficiently while casting, but the MAB trait could go along way in easing the gear deficiencies drks have for spell dmg output.

I see this as a better (more likely to actually happen) option than creating something new like a pair of stances that affect magic abilities on one side and melee abilities on the other.

Overall I spend 90% of my time as a drk and even at my emo-est I still love the job.

Um. no

if you want something tell SE to make it so /sam isnt mandatory for DDing than we can just /rdm fast cast MAB refresh right tharr and grav snk invis all the good shiz
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-18 17:08:30  
I don't know why they want drk's to cast. Giving drk's nukes it like giving Holy to a Pld. Sure they can cast but is it ever going to worth the MP? Nope never.

DoT is all that matters now-a-days and every second that I spend nuking/casting takes away from my overall damage. If they want us to nuke so bad they need to make it so we can create some kinda of Fake 5/6hit built and fill in the blanks with nukes.

What Drk's need.
Tier2 Absorbs.

Endark was on the right path but ehh..

If they really want drk to nuke they need to give us a JA that turns TP into a massive nuke. The best thing I can relate this to is Mnks with Boost > Chi Blast. Build that TP and let the nuke fly.

Give a GIANT Emn boost to drks that Nuke/MB so they can tank(better than now)

A native Damage down triat magic/physical Idc which.

What drk's dont need.
More ele magic.
T3 is a complete waste unless they make it wicked nice to use..huge TP bonus or a nuke that will actually be worth the MP.

And yes I know none of this will ever happen but I am bored at work and wishfully thinking about my drk.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-18 17:27:28  
DRKs have spells other than stun?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-18 17:45:24  
Drain is pretty deadly. Our ls DRK's suck the life out of a lot of stuff. Also good for magic kills in abyssea when building lights. But who knows im just a galka that doesnt do dark knight.
[+]
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 20:12:22  
With SE track record I'm afraid of tier2 absorbs because they would be just as useless (in party scenarios anyway) as the tier1.

I'd be all for an HP boost. But who wouldn't? Lol. I don't know about other drks but I always ride souleater for its full minute duration (choosing that said minute to replenish with drains when needed and use dreadspikes). My ls mages take very good care of me. The only time I ever worry bout a possible dirt nap is in pickups, but even in those scenarios you can get the most outta souleater without too much hassle just by being smart (for example use the JA before engaging while mob is still outta range to engage). What I'm saying here obviously applies just to exp situations. The only part of my drk career I remember doing the ws+click off was from lvl 30-60. Once /thf SATA became an option I never worried bout it again.

Also I didnt realize /sam was MANDATORY... >.> I always rotate my subs to keep it fresh. Besides i always felt /war was the most fitting sub for drk but thats another thread.

I'd much rather get refresh from an outside source than worry bout giving it to myself also. Gravity has uses but I never worry bout sneak and invis lmao thats what pots are for. My point was one tier of MAB for example is still lower than rdm or blm but allows us to keep a DD sub. As a hybrid class (which i think is SE's direction) we need to be able to be hybrid-like. In all honesty more than one tier of MAB in particular is greedy seeing as we only use T3 anyway.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-18 20:31:45  
If you wanted to nuke with the spells we have then you'd probably be better off with Macc trait rather than Mab since DRK's elemental skill is only B+

T2 Absorb spells would only be good if they didn't wear off gradually like the T1s, and their use would still be occasional.

Zorander's idea of a TP enhanced nuke JT or JA sounds, interesting but giving up on a WS for a nuke on DRk seems too far stretched out.

If they added new types of Absorb-Stat spells ( Absorb Macc, Mab, Atk, Def, Magic Def. Bonus and such ) DRK could become more useful to every other party member. I'd actually like to see this happen.
[+]
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 20:50:34  
You say only B+... if my memory serves only a sch in dark arts matches that (not counting blm obviously). Its more that we cannot gear as well as the mages for dmg.

I was hoping for Ab spells like Macc, Def, Att etc although with Endark now Ab-Att seems outta the picture.

To build along Zoranders thinking what if our nuke capabilities (Macc MAB) were directly affected by how much tp we had? Kind of like a job trait that adds a ws-like "Damage varies with TP" effect.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-18 20:59:53  
Ive been thinking of Absorb-haste. Give a monster +delay and the drk -delay, sounds farfetched, but would be cool.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-18 21:01:18  
Actually there's quite a few items that would make a good nuking set, but they're soo rare or spread out through events in the game it'd be hard to actually find a DRK with them.

Here's for the lolz XD

I guess you're right about the skill, but the nukes available to DRK are still really... eh.
I stopped playing just about when the 2nd Aby expansion came out so I'm missing why Endark would mean SE can't or won't add new Absorb-Stat spells.
I like that idea of MaB/Macc being affected by tp but we can only dreamm/speculate about it.
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 21:03:07  
An ab-delay spell could be awesome. Ruining x-hit builds keeps it balanced!

Things always get dicey when you talk about increasing attack speeds due to that little thing called zerg. More likely to get Absorb- Magic Evasion.
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 21:04:53  
I meant that because Endark now gives us an attack boost in addition to an additional effect I doubt we'd get Ab-Att ON TOP of that. But I guess anything is possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 21:06:20  
Ifrit.Grievus said:

Also I didnt realize /sam was MANDATORY... >.> I always rotate my subs to keep it fresh. Besides i always felt /war was the most fitting sub for drk but thats another thread.

Well, honestly the most used subs by drk are /sam (for more damage.) and /nin (for tanking. Although you can tank to some extent as /sam too...but, in general, /nin is better for tanking.)

Also, even ignoring /sam's defensive capabilities, /sam still deals more damage than /war for drk.

Ifrit.Grievus said:

It wouldn't be good if it ruins your x-hit build...

What Tidusblitz mentioned was "Absorb-haste" ...which would, technically, give a slow effect to the mob, and a haste effect to the drk. (haste reduces your delay, but doesn't reduce your TP per hit)

That said, I also don't think that we'll get such a spell.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-18 21:17:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Ifrit.Grievus said:

Well, honestly the most used subs by drk are /sam (for more damage.) and /nin (for tanking. Although you can tank to some extent as /sam too...but, in general, /nin is better for tanking.)

Also, even ignoring /sam's defensive capabilities, /sam still deals more damage than /war for drk.

Ifrit.Grievus said:

It wouldn't be good if it ruins your x-hit build...

What Tidusblitz mentioned was "Absorb-haste" ...which would, technically, give a slow effect to the mob, and a haste effect to the drk. (haste reduces your delay, but doesn't reduce your TP per hit)

That said, I also don't think that we'll get such a spell.

Yes, no STP penalty for it. I know we'll never get it, but we can dream.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 21:23:14  
Endark was definitely a nice addition to DRK. If there's no DNC in your PT anyway...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-10-18 23:38:22  
Recently I've been playing around with DRK/RDM for city Dynamis and certain Abyssea NMs. My elemental magic set isn't wonderful (barely even half complete), and I'm not even going to pretend I'm doing anything close to the Black Mages' output, but landing 700-800ish Aero IIIs with Baying Moon atma is pretty cool to see.

Personally, if I wanted one spell to be added to Dark Knight's library, I want Stop. I don't care if it's Stun II or a Terror-infliction spell, there's just something that makes me go "HELL YES" at the idea of having it. A reverse version of Sacrifice that transfers a debuff from you to the mob would be a close second.
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-19 21:44:37  
@Giazz

I was being mostly sarcastic about the whole xhit thing....

Although in all honesty IF there was a sliver of hope that an Ab-"attack speed type affect" would be given to drk I would bet $10,000 that it would be an Ab-Delay effect. Ruining your xhit seems just like something SE would believe is fair enough as a drawback to give us such a potent spell.
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-19 21:49:23  
DRK needs abs. Double Attack
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-19 21:52:40  
Sometimes I think it would be pretty neat if Blood Weapon was a job trait that proced like double attack (in turn actually dealing magical drain dmg to the enemy unlike it does now) rather than it being our two hour.

Sure this diminishes our ability to zerg but thats not really something Id lose sleep over.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-10-19 22:26:21  
We need a last resort II and a souleater II or their equiv.

I would settle for a LR II that is twice the duration (if not more) of LR that keeps the same recast as LR but is half the attack bonus... and still activates desp blows. >.>;

Souleater II, same recast same timer as SE I but is 20% to 10% conversion of damage to HP.

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-20 03:55:51  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Ive been thinking of Absorb-haste. Give a monster +delay and the drk -delay, sounds farfetched, but would be cool.
Holy crap, that's actually quite genius. Adds something to DRK (THAT IT DESPERATELY NEEDS) while adding something to group situations.

It's too bad SE isn't bright enough to come up with it, because...well, uh, Apocalypse. :\