Religion Is Not The Root Of All Evil...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Religion is not the root of all evil...
Religion is not the root of all evil...
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-21 23:15:52  
Phoenix.Darki said:
why did i bother opening this thread....

Because you post in every thread :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:15:55  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
i dont really believe in god and i dont really like religion (ive had bad past experiences with religious people) and i find these threads rather annoying lol
I only like the crazy threads. This one seems rather tame.
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Government order actually makes sense though, it's rules created by people who claim they made it, whereas religious order is rules created by people who claim it was some guy in the sky who told them how to do things.
I'm not talking about making sense. I'm just saying in theory we could do without government and keep religion. When talking about religion making sense kinda goes out the door.
Well theory doesn't help US now, does it? ;)

Phoenix.Darki said:
Too many big words?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:19:07  
Also, would like to add here that if religion was rebeled against for government, do you believe that government will create anarchist countries in the future?

Edit: Wait, I'm not thinking, that wouldn't make sense at all.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 23:21:38  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Also, would like to add here that if religion was rebeled against for government, do you believe that government will create anarchist countries in the future?

Edit: Wait, I'm not thinking, that wouldn't make sense at all.
Now you're getting it! :D I think...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 23:22:06  
Phoenix.Darki said:

Cause you're stalking me!!!
BUSTED!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:27:51  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Also, would like to add here that if religion was rebeled against for government, do you believe that government will create anarchist countries in the future? Edit: Wait, I'm not thinking, that wouldn't make sense at all.
Well I was just going to say Religion > Government > Anarchy > World Destruction, but you can't really create an anarchist country... you would have to take over a country, make a dictatorship, and once the people gain your respect, announce the country is now an anarchy (At this point, you would probably be dead, due to everyone wanting to kill you, and now having the ability to do so.) This sounds time-consuming.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-21 23:28:50  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Also, would like to add here that if religion was rebeled against for government, do you believe that government will create anarchist countries in the future? Edit: Wait, I'm not thinking, that wouldn't make sense at all.
Well I was just going to say Religion > Government > Anarchy > World Destruction, but you can't really create an anarchist country... you would have to take over a country, make a dictatorship, and once the people gain your respect, announce the country is now an anarchy. This sounds time-consuming.
I got some spare time. Let's try it out.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-21 23:30:36  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Government order actually makes sense though, it's rules created by people who claim they made it, whereas religious order is rules created by people who claim it was some guy in the sky who told them how to do things.
but what better way to control a large amount of stupid people than to say they will be subject to divine punishment if they don't listen, rather than say /wristslap, fine
Obviously, that's how Government itself was created, people rebeled against the church.

Edit: That was a little inaccurate, it wasn't created by the rebelion, it just created a country that was outspoken of their non-religion controlled government
not entirely sure, but I'll have to go with I'm pretty sure that governments existed long before religions, and quite possibly secular governments existed in religious regions before church-states, but I don't feel like doing the research to find out.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 23:30:37  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Well I was just going to say Religion > Government > Anarchy > World Destruction, but you can't really create an anarchist country... you would have to take over a country, make a dictatorship, and once the people gain your respect, announce the country is now an anarchy. This sounds time-consuming.
I got some spare time. Let's try it out.
Operation United States of Anarchists a go-go? -puts on cool shades-