Makes no sense
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 13:55:56  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
It sounds like a lot of people around the world have their priorities in spending all fudged up.
I'm no advocate for otherwise but still, everyone should know that a roof above your head, food on the plate and clothes on your back are more or less top priority.

Unless you're part of a nudist colony.

Touche.
Cooking bacon sucks for them though.
*** that, I like my bacon.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 13:56:29  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
It sounds like a lot of people around the world have their priorities in spending all fudged up.
I'm no advocate for otherwise but still, everyone should know that a roof above your head, food on the plate and clothes on your back are more or less top priority.

Unless you're part of a nudist colony.

Touche.
Cooking bacon sucks for them though.
*** that, I like my bacon.

Ouch... So worth the bacon though.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:56:48  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
$15,080 before taxes, - about 10k in housing(and electric bill etc), 3.5k in food, plus travel expenses, you're left with ***, what if somebody gets sick, your car breaks down, minimum wage doesn't cover the cost of living for ***. Also that's assuming you get 40 hours/week.
At worst yes. Most places are a bit high. Live somewhere cheaper. Spend less on food bills etc. It's actually rather easy if you are willing to get some crappy small place and not eat cheap.
no, at least buddy. Cheap rent around here is 550, average 800, + electric, you're looking at almost a grand a month, working 40 hours a week at 8.5 i pull almost 1100, you try to cover the cost of a car and food on that, it just can't be done. I wouldn't imagine working for minimum wage, it's well below the cost of living, so get over your deluded self.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 13:57:32  
Throughout college, I lived off of less than $12,000 a year. That covered my rent, food, everything.

So I don't want to hear the *** about minimum wage not cutting it.

Find a place to live that is within your means. Find yourself a roommate if you have to.

Buy a used car and stop paying 3-400 a month on a car note.

Buy generic cheap brands of food products instead of the high priced big name ***.

I'm not talking to those with kids because obviously that amount of money won't cut it for two people. If you are single though, stop with the crybaby ***.

I worked 40 hours a week and made my way through college on my own effort. If a college student can work 40 hours a week, with a full time school schedule, and still make it; then I'll be damned if you can't.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:57:41  
with now days society you think a min wage job can support one person alone even living in a hole? right right, you gotta be kidding me.

wow just wow, the posters on this site are living in disney land.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:57:57  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Transportation to work is essentially as well too, don't forget. Not everyone lives in big cities (which generally cost more) or have public transportation.

There's a huge difference is living somewhere cheap and somewhere with public transportation. Cheap = no transportation, Area with transportation = more expensive.

Usually, there may be a few places out there that don't follow this pattern.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:58:23  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
$15,080 before taxes, - about 10k in housing(and electric bill etc), 3.5k in food, plus travel expenses, you're left with ***, what if somebody gets sick, your car breaks down, minimum wage doesn't cover the cost of living for ***. Also that's assuming you get 40 hours/week.
At worst yes. Most places are a bit high. Live somewhere cheaper. Spend less on food bills etc. It's actually rather easy if you are willing to get some crappy small place and not eat cheap.
no, at least buddy. Cheap rent around here is 550, average 800, + electric, you're looking at almost a grand a month, working 40 hours a week at 8.5 i pull almost 1100, you try to cover the cost of a car and food on that, it just can't be done. I wouldn't imagine working for minimum wage, it's well below the cost of living, so get over your deluded self.

another one with his head outta his ***, thank you life.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 13:58:48  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
hold it right there nothing wrong with getting help from the government, doesn't devolve your dignity.
Shits on my dignity, walkin onto the place and seeing the low life scum of the earth who are getting money when im not. Just being near them makes me feel utter ***about myself and the downwards spiral my life has taken. I was better off when i was 16 years old compared to what i am now. If only i put money away instead of *** spending it all... /sigh. Kids do stupid things with money they dont know how to handle.
low life scum? you think you are above anyone else just because you get more money? get your head outta your *** dude. Your ***smells the same as anyone elses. this kind of individuality is what will NEVER EVER help this society and humanity progress, leading to the self destruction we're in right now. Congratulations.
wtf are you talking about? I mean people that live off the goverment their whole lives, they aspire to like off the government and never work at all. I dunno what its like over where you are but here, there are scum that WANT to never work, and just get handed money. They spend their money on drugs and and never pay tax. They havent contrivuted a penny to the government, yet for some reason they are given money without question. As for me getting more money, what? Are you listening? I dont get anything. I actually worked my *** off sicne i was 16, i paid tax, i paid national insurance. I contributed, but when i get in a tight spot they tell me to gtfo. When theres people like i just mentioned getting given money for nothing. Junkies, alcoholics, dealers. you name it, they are there, waiting in line and getting given money. then off to the pharmacy to get their methedrone, or wahtever the *** it is. the fact people like that are getting help and im not, makes me feel like utter ***.
over here even if you live off the government it's not enough to cover up everything under the neccessary fields. Like food for example...

this is getting a bit long, dunno how to do the spoiler thingy. But anyway, yeh. Over here people can get rent paid for them by the council (read my first post on page 1, my friend gets this) they pay anywhere between 50-100% of your rent and you still get to claim benefits for unemployment, not sure how it works for bills etc. But they would also get child allowance (common thing for people to have kids at 14/15 here so they get benefits asap) I wasnt saying EVERYONE thats unemployed and on benefits were scum of the earth. but here in scotland, most of them are.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 13:59:57  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
only in your fantasy world there exists 'cheaper' places.

have you given thought that perhaps even that doesn't exist?
yeah, you need a reality check.
Lol if you aren't living in the dirt cheapest place in the area you live in there is cheaper. Most people just aren't willing to live there.

99.99% of the time there is somewhere cheaper than where you are. If you are in that .01% then fine you can't find cheaper. You however are the rare exception.

You need to learn more about living within your means and going without
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 14:00:54  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Edinburgh, Scotland.
/stabs I'm moving there at new years an I'll need a jerb there too >_>
Ah cool. You know what part of Edinburgh your gunna be living at? And good luck geting a job. Ive been trying since April. =/

No idea wherever me an my mate can find a flat to rent lol, not too worried bout finding a job usually pretty successful, got a 100% success rating from interview stage so jus need to get interviews :p
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:00:59  
Bad spending habits in combination with the insufficient funds from minimal wages leaves for a lot of screwed over people. But even being on top of your game and penny pinching you're still taking a step backwards every check.

It really is no surprise so many people are knee deep in credit debt.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 14:01:13  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

this is getting a bit long, dunno how to do the spoiler thingy. But anyway, yeh. Over here people can get rent paid for them by the council (read my first post on page 1, my friend gets this) they pay anywhere between 50-100% of your rent and you still get to claim benefits for unemployment, not sure how it works for bills etc. But they would also get child allowance (common thing for people to have kids at 14/15 here so they get benefits asap) I wasnt saying EVERYONE thats unemployed and on benefits were scum of the earth. but here in scotland, most of them are.

over here too, but what about other neccessary items? sure you get rent and food, what about living expenses? hygiene items, water/power supply, when food stamps run out etc.

It's not enough, economy is so out of balance, it's just making people who even work suffer.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 14:01:13  
It's possible to live of minimum wage in the UK pretty much.

What is it now? £5.90 still?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 14:02:11  
I have to agree with Dasva about learning to go without. If you're so *** dirt poor that you feel the government needs to help you sustain your life, cancel your internet. Cancel your final fantasy game subscription.

Someone else needs to pull their head out of their ***.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 14:03:09  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Lol if you aren't living in the dirt cheapest place in the area you live in there is cheaper. Most people just aren't willing to live there.

99.99% of the time there is somewhere cheaper than where you are. If you are in that .01% then fine you can't find cheaper. You however are the rare exception.

i lived alone over two years, i know what i am talking about, you on the other hand live in disney land and think everyone can afford living decently even if they cut back on some expenses. You need a reality check, it doesn't work that way everywhere.
do you know how the economy works on the whole world, in every place possible? by your posts, you don't. So shut up, don't spread out retardation and lack of information.

on that note, just because you are having a hard time you need to give up your hard worked house? do you even own a house? do you know how much you loose by selling it just to get a place 200USD cheaper which isn't even yours?

yeah, help from the gov never hurts in a time of need.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 14:04:21  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

some people need running water and don't like living with cockroaches, if you say they should then you really just need to stfu, minimum living costs are below minimum wage, this is well known regardless of your opinion.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:04:37  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I have to agree with Dasva about learning to go without. If you're so *** dirt poor that you feel the government needs to help you sustain your life, cancel your internet. Cancel your final fantasy game subscription.

When you assume, you make an *** out of u and me :3
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 14:04:52  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Jesus why the hell are you paying so much for electric? Also go for cheap and save 250. I'm not really trying to save but I'm at about $200 a month of food. I could go as low as $100 if I wanted to do the sandwich and ramen diet lol

Public transport, walking, biking has already been suggested. I used to ride my bike a good 6 miles to work. But that's more because I refuse to get a car lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 14:05:08  
I'm gonna tell it like this, I realise there are exceptions to this and not everyone has the same opportunities for education, but quite frankly most people do, so if they end up on a min wage job have only themselves to blame for *** about when it mattered most i.e. school, college etc and ended up with no prospects or qualifications, then end up hatin on the people that made the effort. It's not anybody elses or the governments fault, it's theirs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 14:05:26  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Throughout college, I lived off of less than $12,000 a year. That covered my rent, food, everything.

So I don't want to hear the *** about minimum wage not cutting it.

Find a place to live that is within your means. Find yourself a roommate if you have to.

Buy a used car and stop paying 3-400 a month on a car note.

Buy generic cheap brands of food products instead of the high priced big name ***.

I'm not talking to those with kids because obviously that amount of money won't cut it for two people. If you are single though, stop with the crybaby ***.

I worked 40 hours a week and made my way through college on my own effort. If a college student can work 40 hours a week, with a full time school schedule, and still make it; then I'll be damned if you can't.
***!

Tuition alone costs $12,000 a year for even the cheapest colleges.

And seriously you expect every 18 year old bound for college to automatically be this thrifty, this financially smart?!

What *** drugs are you on?
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 14:05:43  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Edinburgh, Scotland.
/stabs I'm moving there at new years an I'll need a jerb there too >_>
Ah cool. You know what part of Edinburgh your gunna be living at? And good luck geting a job. Ive been trying since April. =/
No idea wherever me an my mate can find a flat to rent lol, not too worried bout finding a job usually pretty successful, got a 100% success rating from interview stage so jus need to get interviews :p
Well dont deal with Braemore. They're shite.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-25 14:05:53  
Personal responsibility?
You're *** crazy.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 14:06:34  
hey at 16 i knew how to handle my money, it's true the first months i struggled some but ~ it helped me learn.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 14:07:21  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

for the problems today if companies paid their employees what they should instead of paying them minimum wage there wouldn't be a problem. However the issue is they don't, hence the need for a minimum wage in the first place, the cost of living is above minimum wage, therefore to sustain living they need supplemental income.

Pull your head out of your ***.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 14:07:29  
Also while I'm on a rant (this isn't aimed at anyone) people shouldnt have *** kids if they can't afford to look after them, the government didn't have your child so why the *** should they pay you to raise the child.

Man sometimes I wish we could go back to caveman days where you either went out and worked to find food an shelter or you and your family were ***.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:07:35  
Cars are counter productive to living expenses.
Mandatory insurance with varying policies and fluxating payments, gasoline, maintenance, etc. Not to mention any loan you may have made to pay for the car in the first place with the cumulative interest building on that.

It really is cheaper to use public transportation or just walk/bike ride.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 14:07:54  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Jesus why the hell are you paying so much for electric? Also go for cheap and save 250. I'm not really trying to save but I'm at about $200 a month of food. I could go as low as $100 if I wanted to do the sandwich and ramen diet lol

Public transport, walking, biking has already been suggested. I used to ride my bike a good 6 miles to work. But that's more because I refuse to get a car lol.

blind *** talking, on PR public transportation is only on the metro area, which is by chance only 1 city and by chance the most expensive to live in, which by chance a min wage job will only pay for your rent and nothing else.

Shut
the
up
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-25 14:08:20  
mandatory *** drug tests for welfare and food stamps.

it would be nice if America was filled with rainbows and butterflys and even half the people taking advantage of hand outs and all the other *** programs actually needed it... the sad part is that is not the case. most of the people who do need it get *** and the people getting it are *** tax payers and sucking this Country dry.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:08:50  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
mandatory *** drug tests for welfare and food stamps.

This.
Oh *** God, THIS!
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 14:10:05  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
mandatory *** drug tests for welfare and food stamps. it would be nice if America was filled with rainbows and butterflys and even half the people taking advantage of hand outs and all the other *** programs actually needed it... the sad part is that is not the case. most of the people who do need it get *** and the people getting it are *** tax payers and sucking this Country dry.

rofl
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12