Recipe Tree
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-26 23:56:19  
Example: http://www.ffxivpro.com/recipe/1879

On each recipe page you will find a recipe tree of all materials that are involved in producing the respective item.

The recipe tree should only appear when applicable.

You can rollover an item to show it's recipe.

SS:
[+]
By Enternius 2010-10-27 00:00:51  
Oh, this is hot.
By kwissy 2010-10-27 00:02:20  
pimp
 Lakshmi.Dahra
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: dahra
By Lakshmi.Dahra 2010-10-27 00:04:06  
:<

speechless.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-27 00:11:32  
I think this might be the most complex.

http://www.ffxivpro.com/recipe/151
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-10-27 00:19:17  
This will save me tons of tabs while crafting.
By premiumvirtue 2010-10-27 01:32:32  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
I think this might be the most complex.

http://www.ffxivpro.com/recipe/151

heh yeh, a lot you can skip though, but thats one way to go from scratch.

This is why ls's should help you, one im in we all have roles and help each other its great.

All our melees have their own:
http://www.ffxivpro.com/recipe/1652
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-27 03:41:59  
must.... not.... cry for awesomeness.

this totally helps a ton. thank you very much for that.
 Asura.Artemyse
サーバ: Asura
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2010-10-27 04:53:35  
Omg! No more having a million tabs open <3!!
 Valefor.Shaone
サーバ: Valefor
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-10-27 05:57:02  
Very nice.

And so much potental to extend it in the future, perhaps shading the triangles on the chart according to how close you are to the listed cap, or maybe using the mob check icons to indicate what each recipe on the path as "checks" as for you, from Easy Prey to Incredibly Tough. After all, recipes are pretty much the equivalent to mobs for DoH :P
By tragicnate 2010-10-27 07:49:24  
I think it would also be cool if you could add total shards and crystals used to make the item.
By calyvega 2010-10-27 09:44:31  
Buyer - "So, will you make me a Trapper's Tunic? I'll give you 20k gil."

Me - "Go to this website... www.ffxivpro.com/recipe/1607 real fast."

Buyer - "Uh... wow. 30k?"

Me - "No thanks."

This is a great up-selling / get rid of low-ball offer tool as well. Thanks Scragg!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-10-27 10:23:41  
This is awesome.

Quick question, though: what about items that have multiple recipes, like animal glue? Is there a way you could add a little list of clickable # icons next to it so you can cycle through them? (And the below tree would switch & expand accordingly?)
By deadfire 2010-10-27 10:31:30  
Raptor Sinew cord is of course made from Raptor Sinew drop from those Raptors in the forest and Coerthas.
 Bismarck.Sutekii
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sutekii 2010-10-27 11:19:06  
That is so wicked! The nested crafts within crafts within crafts tend to be a ***. In the end what was a 6 ingredient synth can take 15 or more. This will make it MUCH easier to *** the cost/time required for such items. Thanks!
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-27 11:59:55  
I actually suggested this exact thing on the alpha forums, and a lot of people agreed it would be a good idea. Too bad SE doesn't listen, looks great Scragg.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-28 00:32:50  
Just one other thing, even knowing about the recipe tree, I really struggled to work out how to see it, maybe just change the name of the link? Or put "Recipe tree" before it, or just include the recipe tree on the item page itself.

I'm sure you already knew all that, but just in case.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-28 01:51:07  
Actually, while I'm commenting on this (and having a better look now that I've worked out how to find it), there's a couple other things. When items have multiple recipes, the tree only shows one option. While it may be tough to do otherwise in the tree itself, but when you highlight that item, would it be possible to show all the recipes that make that item below?

Example: Bronze Hatchet.
The recipe for the second item (Animal Glue) shows the hardest of the three recipes to make it (Bone Ash only seems to come from grade 4 mining spots). Even when you highlight it, the more detailed recipe for that item that comes up below is the same one, and doesn't mention the other two recipes for it.

Here's a couple other things you may or may not want to, or be able to add (although I know you can do anything):

Just in case anything isn't obvious, black numbers are the number of that item required in the recipe, coloured numbers are crystals required, and the number on the green arrows shows that there are other versions of that recipe. Clicking on that little green logo would cycle through the different recipes for that item, and populate the recipe tree with them. Oh, and the bold red number 1 next to bronze ingot represents 1 crystal, as opposed to shards.

Here's another one without the crystals, as I think they make it a little too cluttered, and probably wouldn't be as helpful as the other two things:

Valefor.Shaone
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-10-28 03:52:55  
tragicnate said:
I think it would also be cool if you could add total shards and crystals used to make the item.
Trouble is that recipes along the path may give multiple results. So perhaps assuming an NQ result and dividing the amount of crystal/shard required for 1 synth by the number of items the synth produces would be a way to get an approximate idea, but obviously the actual total of crystal/shard will vary according to HQ rates on the way up.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-28 04:28:24  
Valefor.Shaone said:
tragicnate said:
Trouble is that recipes along the path may give multiple results. So perhaps assuming an NQ result and dividing the amount of crystal/shard required for 1 synth by the number of items the synth produces would be a way to get an approximate idea, but obviously the actual total of crystal/shard will vary according to HQ rates on the way up.
Don't forget also that different recipes make different amounts of items. My example above for instance, the recipe for animal glue makes 12, when only one is needed, same with bronze nuggets but 8 are needed. Even assuming NQ results only, the shards/crystals needed is going to vary depending on how many times you make the item.

Contrary to my above suggestion, I think as far as crystals/shards are concerned, it's probably enough to just leave them in each individual recipe listing.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-28 15:46:38  
ok if I screw this up in version .00000002, blame Blazza.
By DigitalisAkujin 2010-10-28 16:26:18  
This is epic.
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-10-28 16:27:00  
This is amazing!

Now... if only EVERY equipment piece you make didn't require some sort of dye in the recipe... >.>
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-10-28 16:33:39  
Yah, this is so amazing...it beats the pants off of the crafting cross-references in Eorzeapedia or Zam.
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-10-29 01:57:12  
omg now i hate having to level 500000000000000000 diff crafts to make a pair of gloves a little less >.> this has win all over it tyvm
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-29 04:19:16  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
ok if I screw this up in version .00000002, blame Blazza.
Ah ha ha ha! Seriously though, you're a champ. I've already switched to this site now for all my recipe needs and judging by some of the comments in this thread I'm not the only one. Even if you don't/can't implement any of the stuff I said, you've already got the best (imo) recipe format available. Plus you've still got 99,999,998 attempts until you get to version 1 <_<
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-10-29 05:46:24  
Damn I was beaten nevermind.

I'd like to see the total shards/crystals too if it's not too complicated to do.