Do I Need A Raja's Ring?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Do i need a Raja's ring?
Do i need a Raja's ring?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-13 14:33:50  
Ramuh.Kailana said:

Don't club seals, you'll make the rest of us canadians look bad! xD

LOL!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-11-13 15:02:16  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
* Adaman Hauberk

Fixed :)
Btw, Log on and do seal NMs tonight!

Don't club seals, you'll make the rest of us canadians look bad! xD

But it's so easy to proc !! during blunt time of day!

Its always blunt time here in US and A
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-13 15:25:26  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Then you have bad tanks. Besides, there's -enmity rings if you really have to go down that road.

...'kay. It's not really the tank's or anyone else's fault that SE designed some Abyssea NMs to spam devastating (often AoE) TP moves. If it is the tank's fault, I guess that makes you a pretty shitty tank too.

And obviously I am aware that there are -enmity rings >_> my point is that people wear Tamas Ring because it provides an excellent balance of MND, -enmity and MP; in the majority of situations it's not worth sacrificing -3 enmity for 1 MND (which might increase your cure by like 1 hp, if that?), nor is it worth sacrificing 5 MND for -1 enmity...I agree that Rajas Ring is more important for those people who have the jobs that can use it. However, some people such as myself do not have those jobs. I use Tamas Ring because it's a great ring, not because I am lazy.

Edit: Also since your WHM is level 75 so you likely have little or no experience playing the job in Abyssea, I'm slightly puzzled why you say that like some kind of authority on this.

Vat? I need it 85 to understand basic mechanics that still apply to my RDM? Any kind of DD tank can keep their VE higher than a mage will, if they're seriously getting pounded and you're pulling hate then they probably don't have PDT/MDT sets. That makes them bad. (Remember, you're arguing the difference of -3enmity, there's clearly something wrong if that is at all important.)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-13 15:32:28  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Then you have bad tanks. Besides, there's -enmity rings if you really have to go down that road.

...'kay. It's not really the tank's or anyone else's fault that SE designed some Abyssea NMs to spam devastating (often AoE) TP moves. If it is the tank's fault, I guess that makes you a pretty shitty tank too.

And obviously I am aware that there are -enmity rings >_> my point is that people wear Tamas Ring because it provides an excellent balance of MND, -enmity and MP; in the majority of situations it's not worth sacrificing -3 enmity for 1 MND (which might increase your cure by like 1 hp, if that?), nor is it worth sacrificing 5 MND for -1 enmity...I agree that Rajas Ring is more important for those people who have the jobs that can use it. However, some people such as myself do not have those jobs. I use Tamas Ring because it's a great ring, not because I am lazy.

Edit: Also since your WHM is level 75 so you likely have little or no experience playing the job in Abyssea, I'm slightly puzzled why you say that like some kind of authority on this.

Vat? I need it 85 to understand basic mechanics that still apply to my RDM? Any kind of DD tank can keep their VE higher than a mage will, if they're seriously getting pounded and you're pulling hate then they probably don't have PDT/MDT sets. That makes them bad. (Remember, you're arguing the difference of -3enmity, there's clearly something wrong if that is at all important.)

I doubt that he would be familiar with VE and how enmity actually works in this game.

But yeah, apparently we need to have a certain job higher than 75... in order to be able to know how to play it and give advice on it. Flawless logic.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-13 15:36:59  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

This statement is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and you should feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for even considering stating it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-13 15:39:17  
Well Abyssea is too hardcore bro.
 Leviathan.Solanis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-13 15:42:48  
Tamas ring is ***, why are you arguing with him? He's clearly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and grasping at straws and ignoring reality.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-13 16:03:57  
WHM is hard in abyssea? What is this..........?

Seriously if you think WHM is a hard job to play in Abyssea your an idiot lol

Sit there keep haste Cycle up on your Tanks and spam the hell out of Cure V, thats about all WHM does, you dont run out of MP, you never have to rest. WHM takes MUCH more skill outside of abyssea than it does inside.

But then again there are so many bad WHM out there it drives me insane, the jobs just so simple...........
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-13 16:38:38  
bifrost ring > Vivian ring > Serket ring > tamas ring for Max MP

metanoia ring > trooper's ring > tamas ring for -Enmity

karka ring > Neptune's ring > tamas ring for MND boosts on Cure V and VI

*Edit* As you can see, there are 2 or more options that are better than Tamas ring *Edit*

Tamas ring was at its best at 75 because it was a good compromise between Max MP, MND and -Enmity. Being a WHM does not mean you get to be lazy and have no gear swap macros.

As for Rajas being that good to have, yes, it's still great to have especially (but not uniquely) for 2 handers such as DRK.
Its biggest advantage over any other ring is the Stp, which is the highest you can get on a ring slot and greatly asists you in making X-Hit builds.
Secondly to the Stp, you get the highest STR - DEX (unless you get unbeleavably lucky with a FoV Flame or Thunder ring?) combo out there which most, if not all, WS in game can benefit from.

If SE ever adds higher Stp rings we may see some big changes. I'd rather see Rajas get an adjustment to get +6 Stats past 75 though.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-11-14 14:26:59  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Sit there keep haste Cycle up on your Tanks and spam the hell out of Cure V, thats about all WHM does

If you think that's all you need to pay attention to as a WHM then you yourself are one of those god awful WHMs you speak of, sir.

Well, not like anybody actually stated that WHM is hard to begin with. You might want to get off your high horse and learn to distinguish between what somebody actually says and what your preconceived notions are about a person who disagrees with you just because you can't accept that somebody else might have a good point.

The only thing I came here to say is that while there maybe better choices if you are ONLY concerned about one of MND, enmity or MP, that doesn't mean that stacking any one of them while neglecting the others entirely is always necessarily the best choice. Tamas Ring provides very substantial increases to all of the above and is therefore quite useful for any situation in which a combination of any two or more of these three stats is relevant. It does not make you lazy to compromise a negligible amount of one stat in favor of a large increase in another whenever both stats are important in your current situation.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-14 14:43:50  
Odin.Sheelay said:

If SE ever adds a second haste ring we may see some big changes. I'd rather see Rajas get an adjustment to get +6 Stats past 75 though.
ftfy.
Atm it's:
Blitz ring jobs
rajas ring + blitz ring
inb4 someone says Toreador's. Except WAR, where Blitz can be replaced to an attack, STR, or Hoard ring due to all that haste.

Non-blitz jobs
rajas ring + hoard ring
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-11-14 15:03:39  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

If SE ever adds a second haste ring we may see some big changes. I'd rather see Rajas get an adjustment to get +6 Stats past 75 though.
ftfy.
Atm it's:
Blitz ring jobs
rajas ring + blitz ring
inb4 someone says Toreador's. Except WAR, where Blitz can be replaced to an attack, STR, or Hoard ring due to all that haste.

Non-blitz jobs
rajas ring + hoard ring

Hoard ring only if it's a neccessity to remove a hit off your build, otherwise gtfo.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-14 18:02:57  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Sit there keep haste Cycle up on your Tanks and spam the hell out of Cure V, thats about all WHM does

If you think that's all you need to pay attention to as a WHM then you yourself are one of those god awful WHMs you speak of, sir.

Well, not like anybody actually stated that WHM is hard to begin with. You might want to get off your high horse and learn to distinguish between what somebody actually says and what your preconceived notions are about a person who disagrees with you just because you can't accept that somebody else might have a good point.

The only thing I came here to say is that while there maybe better choices if you are ONLY concerned about one of MND, enmity or MP, that doesn't mean that stacking any one of them while neglecting the others entirely is always necessarily the best choice. Tamas Ring provides very substantial increases to all of the above and is therefore quite useful for any situation in which a combination of any two or more of these three stats is relevant. It does not make you lazy to compromise a negligible amount of one stat in favor of a large increase in another whenever both stats are important in your current situation.

Implying that you need to be 85 to understand how to play WHM indicates that you think its a hard complex job that you MUST have leveled to understand how to play. 75-85 is such a huge gap! OMG theres no possible way somebody could understand the 10 level difference of WHM its not even possible!

Also implying that WHM in abyssea is completley different than outside abyssea, which it is! You have infinite MP making it 10x easier making your point even more invalid.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-11-14 18:33:15  
The NMs are completely different, and therefore healing in Abyssea is a completely different experience than outside of it. If you mean to tell me that you heal exactly the same way for every single NM you ever encounter then that in itself tells me how bad of a WHM you are.

Also, speaking "like an authority" (i.e. from experience) is quite different from speaking with a general understanding. What does this even have to do with CoP rings again?
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-14 18:34:55  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

ftfy.
Atm it's:
Blitz ring jobs
rajas ring + blitz ring

Non-blitz jobs
rajas ring + hoard ring

Especially now that hitting Haste cap is much simpler to reach, Blitz ring can be left out for better stats, and if you look at the various AF3 sets it's even simpler for non Blitz ring jobs to reach haste cap.

*Edit*
Unless Hoard ring manages to get you to a lower X-Hit build when combined with Rajas, it's pointless to use it.

What I meant with my original statement was that since Stp is Rajas's top stat, if SE ever releases a ring with over 5 Stp, then it will be likely to replace Rajas in a Stp + Acc Atk STR ring combo or turn Hoard ring useless.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-14 18:50:23  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

Also, speaking "like an authority" (i.e. from experience) is quite different from speaking with a general understanding. What does this even have to do with CoP rings again?

RDM and WHM are completely different in healing scenarios obviously.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-14 18:51:34  
The "You have to have it to know it" card is getting old. REALLY old.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-11-14 18:55:32  
You'd need a pretty pimped out set to be able to replace a blitz ring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-14 18:57:36  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
The NMs are completely different, and therefore healing in Abyssea is a completely different experience than outside of it. If you mean to tell me that you heal exactly the same way for every single NM you ever encounter then that in itself tells me how bad of a WHM you are.

You should shutup now.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-14 19:06:42  
Bismarck.Altar said:

Not necessarily.

It all comes up to the level of dedication you decide to give to a specific job though.
We've gotten so many unbeleavably good JSE now it would be hard to explain why you're not working on them.

6% Haste headpieces, 2% Haste bodies, 4% Haste hands, 6-7% Haste belts, 7% Haste legs, 5% Haste feet, heck, DRG even gets a 1% Haste backpiece.

It's all out there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-14 19:09:50  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-11-14 19:17:14  
Quote:
Rajas is seen as an excitable force, but also includes lust.

AW YEAH.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-14 19:17:33  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Not necessarily. It all comes up to the level of dedication you decide to give to a specific job though. We've gotten so many unbeleavably good JSE now it would be hard to explain why you're not working on them. 6% Haste headpieces, 2% Haste bodies, 4% Haste hands, 6-7% Haste belts, 7% Haste legs, 5% Haste feet, heck, DRG even gets a 1% Haste backpiece. It's all out there.
because this: is considered obtainable with dedication. but how much dedication is required?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-14 19:20:32  
^ And that's still not even 26% haste
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-14 19:21:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
fixed?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-14 19:22:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
fixed?

STP+11 Sumeru
26% Haste
5-Hit
~460 Acc!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-14 19:23:40  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
fixed?
STP+11 Sumeru 26% Haste 5-Hit ~460 Acc!
cool beans, now relate it to drk
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-14 19:25:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
fixed?

Well.. 25 + 1 = 26

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

STP+11 Sumeru
26% Haste
5-Hit
~460 Acc!

True. Although, I thought we were talking about DRK, seeing as this is a DRK thread.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-14 19:26:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
fixed?
Well.. 25 + 1 = 26
what other gear is there to get it to 26% haste w/o blitz ring?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-14 19:28:48  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Not necessarily. It all comes up to the level of dedication you decide to give to a specific job though. We've gotten so many unbeleavably good JSE now it would be hard to explain why you're not working on them. 6% Haste headpieces, 2% Haste bodies, 4% Haste hands, 6-7% Haste belts, 7% Haste legs, 5% Haste feet, heck, DRG even gets a 1% Haste backpiece. It's all out there.
because this: is considered obtainable with dedication. but how much dedication is required?

It all comes down to how much you want to prove you're not just another Perle Armor DD to the rest of the players and yourself, to how much you enjoy a certain job and feel it deserves being geared well, and to how well your group of friends or Ls is good at doing Abyssea which, imho, is not a hard event.

I'd also like to point out the fact I stated

Odin.Sheelay said:
Especially now that hitting Haste cap is much simpler to reach, Blitz ring can be left out for better stats, and if you look at the various AF3 sets it's even simpler for non Blitz ring jobs to reach haste cap.