Christian Woman, Mother Of 5 Sentenced To Death Fo

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 16:57:54  
A Christian woman and a mother of 5 was sentenced to death from blasphemy against Islam. This took place in Pakistan. The woman said some things about the Prophet Mohammed that some Muslim women didnt like and they complained about what the woman had said. Later the official complaint was filed by a Muslim cleric. I wont mention what she said, but you can go to the link and read it if you like.

Also, two Christian brothers were shot dead last July after being convicted of blasphemy in Pakistan.

cnn

huffingtonpost

yahoo.news

This is wrong on so many levels. This has got to stop. You dont see things like this in the US. I dont want to hear more BS about how Islam is religion of peace.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-11 16:59:56  
not looking good for muslims this month
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 17:01:07  
Obey the laws of the country you're in or go to another one (in which this case, nearly any would be better).
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-11-11 17:02:25  
People don't get killed over stupid things like religion in the states? I must be living in a different US then...
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-11 17:02:58  
also lol

she kind of deserved it

you don't go to a country like that and call their prophet false

you just don't
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:04:47  
Asura.Bluespoons said:
People don't get killed over stupid things like religion in the states? I must be living in a different US then...

by the government no

"A few days later the women went to a local cleric and alleged that Asia made made derogatory remarks about the Prophet Mohammed. The cleric went to local police, who opened an investigation.
She was arrested in Ittanwalai village and prosecuted under Section 295 C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which carries the death penalty.
Sentencing her to hang, Judge Naveed Iqbal "totally ruled out" any chance that Asia was falsely implicated and said there were "no mitigating circumstances", according to a copy of the verdict seen by AFP."
 Unicorn.Marrs
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-11-11 17:05:09  
Asura.Bluespoons said:

Lol. How dumb. People do, but not by the Govt. Huge difference, we put alleged murders to death, people that talk bad about Christianity? No. Huge difference guy.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:08:23  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Islam and terrorists (idiots) really are not the same thing, just because they claim Islam doesn't mean they are a true Muslim and/or following it correctly.

Also, this should go here as well:

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
The best and worst trait about Muslims is the fact that they all are too compassionate about what others and themselves should believe, and at times it can get very out of hand; which mind you is wrong when you are trying to define equality and/or world peace.

Just live and let live, is it really that hard? 8\

so is that what you are saying about Pakistani government? You do realize she was prosecuted by the government and not by some mob?
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-11 17:09:31  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Islam and terrorists (idiots) really are not the same thing, just because they claim Islam doesn't mean they are a true Muslim and/or following it correctly.

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
The best and worst trait about Muslims is the fact that they all are too compassionate about what others and themselves should believe, and at times it can get very out of hand; which mind you is wrong when you are trying to define equality and/or world peace.

so is that what you are saying about Pakistani government? You do realize she was prosecuted by the government and not by some mob?

either way people shouldn't be killed over something idiotic like this
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-11 17:10:41  
live allllaaaaahhh let her liveeeee aaaa
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-11-11 17:11:34  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Lol. How dumb. People do, but not by the Govt. Huge difference, we put alleged murders to death, people that talk bad about Christianity? No. Huge difference guy.

1. no need to call me dumb
2. not a guy
3. they didn't specifically say gov killing when they said it doesn't happen in the states. sorrrrry if I freaking misread some ***and said something I thought.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:12:38  
Show me a country where they hang women for saying some derogatory things about Christ
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 17:12:45  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

So an Islamic country that carries out this kind of punishment would be the peaceful kind, not the terrorist kind?
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-11-11 17:13:02  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Obey the laws of the country you're in or go to another one (in which this case, nearly any would be better).
This^

As crazy as the laws may seem there, they are still their laws.

If someone came to the US and did something against our laws would you not want to see them punished?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 17:15:08  
Asura.Bluespoons said:
This happened in Pakistan.
 Leviathan.Berndherbert
By Leviathan.Berndherbert 2010-11-11 17:15:15  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Show me a country where they hang women for saying some derogatory things about Christ
I can show you a country that would have hung them about 200 years ago... people fail to understand that the older a religion gets the less extreme it tends to get.(This is not always the case) Christianity is much more mature than Islam and hence the followers of Christianity have realized that some of the more absurd things they have done shouldn't be done. Eventually Islam will reach this point as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-11-11 17:15:57  
If you read the full CNN report it states that the death penalty in the majority of cases is overturned at appeal so she is very unlikely to hang as a result of this. This woman had it coming to her, she would have known how inflammatory her comments would be and that it is never acceptable to be so derisive of others' beliefs. Sure, the western world would never consider the death penalty for something like blasphemy, but guess what, this didn't happen in the western world.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:17:21  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
This^

If someone came to the US and did something against our laws would you not want to see them punished?

Because they obey the laws of the US and UK? right, they are trying to change those laws instead of obeying them. Did Sharia Law pass in the UK yet?
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-11-11 17:18:10  
Seraph.Rafik said:
You dont see things like this in the US.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
This happened in Pakistan.

I know where it happened. I misread/understood when they said it doesn't happen here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 17:20:10  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
This^

Because they obey the laws of the US and UK? right, they are trying to change those laws instead of obeying them. Did Sharia Law pass in the UK yet?
Don't you mean France? That's the prime target for Sharia Law passing atm.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-11-11 17:21:30  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
This^

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article4749183.ece
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:22:20  
There should be religious tolerance for everyone, but please dont try to force everyone else to obey your laws, religion and believes especially when you moved to a foreign country.

If you liked your religion, why didnt you stay in a country with the same religious believes?
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-11-11 17:26:44  
Seraph.Rafik said:
There should be religious tolerance for everyone, but please dont try to force everyone else to obey your laws, religion and believes especially when you moved to a foreign country.

If you liked your religion, why didnt you stay in a country with the same religious believes?

You started this thread saying that the situation is wrong on so many levels, and now you say that people shouldn't force others to act in accordance with the laws of anothers' country. So either you agree with the Pakistani ruling evidenced in the quote above, or you don't as evidenced in your OP, which is it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 17:26:57  
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
This^

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article4749183.ece
Ouch that sucks.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 17:28:31  
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

You started this thread saying that the situation is wrong on so many levels, and now you say that people shouldn't force others to act in accordance with the laws of anothers' country. So either you agree with the Pakistani ruling evidenced in the quote above, or you don't as evidenced in your OP, which is it?
He's saying the gov't shouldn't kill her for what she did, but if she didn't like islam she shouldn't have lived/moved there to begin with knowing what they do. I think.
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-11 17:30:03  
Seraph.Rafik said:

for a better life, maybe they were poor and got a job in this country. so many reasons so much lazyness to say them all!
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-11-11 17:35:16  
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:

1. no need to call me dumb
2. not a guy
3. they didn't specifically say gov killing when they said it doesn't happen in the states. sorrrrry if I freaking misread some ***and said something I thought.

1. Didnt call YOU dumb
2. As far as I can tell actually you're spoons
3. "Sentenced to death" I figured implied gov, rarely do mobs run their own trials that take days.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:35:20  
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

you didnt understand at all as to what I was saying. Look at the Muslim population. How many of them came to the US and Europe as refugees and yet they dont want to follow the rules of those countries.

No one forced them to come to those countries, but they are trying to change the system from within.

I dont want to be judged by Sharia Law in the US, especially when I am not a Muslim. Do you?

I didnt say that it was ok to hang anyone if they dont agree with your religion or believes.

So the US should have hanged all those people that didnt want to show their face when taking a photo id and they were covering their faces, because of their religion?
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14