Christian Woman, Mother Of 5 Sentenced To Death Fo

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:10:35  
Ban religion. All forms of belief/worship of a higher power is punishable by death. Problem solved. Wut.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 04:12:25  
BorealisV2 said:
Ban religion. All forms of belief/worship of a higher power is punishable by death. Problem solved. Wut.
I've often wondered how different the world would be without religion.. It's easy to see where religion holds back development for our entire species, but then again, there's bound to be some serious repercussions of just erasing it... right?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 04:13:13  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
One thing that does piss me off, is the fact that Muslims were burning poppies in London yesterday, and in the 2 minute silence holding banners that said "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" as well as burning more poppies. That in my opinion is far more disrespectful than that woman did, but they got away with it due to us being in a democracy.

wanna know what *** me off about the 2faced Muslims that did that.

Dio they realise how many Muslims fought FOR Britain AS the British Army during the great wars.

Basically they're disrespecting their own!!

Same. To be honest if Muslims don't like our laws or respect our dead, then maybe they shouldn't be a part of this country. I don't like some of the racist aspects of BNP, but I can see why they think like that, when we just let them do whatever the *** they want. The UK is for us after all primarily.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-11-12 04:13:52  
Probably more the fact that India was ruled by the UK at the time and they felt obliged to "help".

Either way... they're causing a lot of trouble for the sake of doing it.

{ninja edit} Lets jsut say they got VERY Lucky that the police saw the EDL coming because that would have been a riot!!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 04:13:57  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
BorealisV2 said:
I've often wondered how different the world would be without religion.. It's easy to see where religion holds back development for our entire species, but then again, there's bound to be some serious repercussions of just erasing it... right?

Maybe for a few generations. After that it would be forgotten.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 04:14:36  
BorealisV2 said:
it holds back some development yes, but it also holds back a lot of bad things from happening and people loosing hope.

A lot of people believing in a higher power feel like their questions are answered aren't alone ..etc, that kind of human helplessness.

While some of them, hold back on sinning, murder, theft etc.

it may sound absurd to you, but to them it's totally acceptable.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:19:15  
BorealisV2 said:

I've often questioned the societal acceptance of insanity.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 04:20:42  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
BorealisV2 said:

It may not do it so much anymore, but religion's original purpose (IMHO, it was invented as a means to control populations) does work. It holds us back in some places, but it also keeps at least some people in line, to some degree.. There are still people out there who do the right thing because they think god is watching, and there will probably always be people like that, if you take away religion, then the world gets a little bit crazier, which could also serve to hold back progress..

I severely dislike organized religion, I'm not advocating it.. Just accepting that there is 2 sides to the coin, and this is no different.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:22:36  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
BorealisV2 said:

It may not do it so much anymore, but religion's original purpose (IMHO, it was invented as a means to control populations) does work. It holds us back in some places, but it also keeps at least some people in line, to some degree.. There are still people out there who do the right thing because they think god is watching, and there will probably always be people like that, if you take away religion, then the world gets a little bit crazier, which could also serve to hold back progress..

I severely dislike organized religion, I'm not advocating it.. Just accepting that there is 2 sides to the coin, and this is no different.

society would stay about the same anymore without it, not everyone is as ignorant as they were back then, there are a lot more answers to things now, like natural wonders, and we need to wean culture off this acceptance of just because they can't come to a rational explanation for something doesn't mean there isn't one.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:24:42  
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:28:17  
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

dude out of all my science classes that ***was only explained to me once in a way I understood it, never got the 100k years to decay half, then in another 100k only half of that.

100k = .5
100k = .5
200k = 0 material left (but that's not how it's done)

makes sense, but then again a lot of other things make sense.

interestingly enough I made more sense of nuclear physics than I did the rest of my physics class though, which I find odd.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:32:37  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

dude out of all my science classes that ***was only explained to me once in a way I understood it, never got the 100k years to decay half, then in another 100k only half of that.

100k = .5
100k = .5

interestingly enough I made more sense of nuclear physics than I did the rest of my physics class though, which I find odd.

Nice dodge!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 04:34:24  
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:34:59  
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

100k = .5
100k = .5

Nice dodge!

just because I don't understand it doesn't mean I have to resort to insanity and myths to try to explain the world, plus I never really paid attention in those classes.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:37:58  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

100k = .5
100k = .5

Nice dodge!

just because I don't understand it doesn't mean I have to resort to insanity and myths to try to explain the world, plus I never really paid attention in those classes.

Religion = insanity and myths
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:41:49  
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

100k = .5
100k = .5

Nice dodge!

um, duh.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:43:15  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
CARBON DATING!

Discuss.

100k = .5
100k = .5

Nice dodge!

um, duh.

Thanks for playing!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 04:44:46  
What the *** is going on in this thread?!
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:46:33  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
What the *** is going on in this thread?!

I think I inhaled too much thc when I was at my friends house earlier, he refuses to refrain from blowing in my face. But yeah, idk.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:47:41  
Sex. Sex is going on in this thread.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:48:25  
BorealisV2 said:
do you have a flag?
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 04:51:33  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
BorealisV2 said:
do you have a flag?

Yes. It's in my ***.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-12 04:57:25  
maybe she can make a youtube video from inside her cell before she dies. Then she can insult everyone without fear of repercussions.
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-11-12 05:15:49  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Obey the laws of the country you're in or go to another one (in which this case, nearly any would be better).
Tell this to the Muslims? *** run wild in England.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-12 05:19:31  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Obey the laws of the country you're in or go to another one (in which this case, nearly any would be better).
the only time I can picture Muslims running wild anywhere is if they're running into buildings and blowing them up.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 05:20:31  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-11-12 05:54:36  
I think every religion has it's nutters who get everyone else tarred with the same brush.

You can't say all muslims are suicide bombers and their all horrible people. Because I'm sure the majority of them (over there and here) are decent, respectable people who just go about their lives, working etc. It's the ones that are on the news for doing bad things, plotting to blow up various places etc that make people think anyone who is Muslim to be horrible.

Same with Christians, those totally over the top bible bashers who come up with the most ridiculous things, like burning the Qu'ran that time in the US. That probably didn't help the situation between the 2 religions, and it certainly didn't paint the Christians in a good light, those who are supposed to "love thy neighbour and fellow man" etc. That didn't exactly show much tolerance and love did it.

Putting a woman to death for saying their prophet is false is a bit extreme but thats how they live their lives. Yes their rules and laws are totally stupid but you should obey them if your visiting their country. And they too should respect our laws when they decide they want to live over here and sponge off our tax payers...except those who do actually come here to work and make a better life for themselves.

I think everyone should either not have a religion, or be Buddhist. That's about the only peaceful religion I know of. (This is where someone proves that theory to be wrong because it's the net and that's what happens).
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-12 06:01:40  
Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
I think every religion has it's nutters who get everyone else tarred with the same brush.

You can't say all muslims are suicide bombers and their all horrible people. Because I'm sure the majority of them (over there and here) are decent, respectable people who just go about their lives, working etc. It's the ones that are on the news for doing bad things, plotting to blow up various places etc that make people think anyone who is Muslim to be horrible.

i actually know a lot of muslims as the city i live is full of them. i noticed that 90% of all males below 20 behave like little, respectless ***. They wear "Allah" necklaces (eventhough they smoke and drink on the streets) etc. and talk in public (like in the subway) about how much germans suck and how much terrorists and their bombs rock. the young females , however, are awesome persons. once the boys grow up they tend to calm down and behave more or less normal, too. i know a lot of muslim families (there live 5 of them in my apartment house) and especially the older ones are friendly and polite.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 06:10:42  
I think some laws prevent Muslim women from leaving their country with out their husbands or caretakers permission.

Not too sure about that.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-11-12 06:11:18  
Kinda, doesnt surprise me.These places kills womans just to actually talk.You are a woman? You need to stfu and do what we say.They arent all like that but they mainly are.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14