Npc That Weights Fish?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » npc that weights fish?
npc that weights fish?
 Leviathan.Mazinkaiser
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Maz76
By Leviathan.Mazinkaiser 2010-11-19 00:39:59  
Is there one or am I dreaming thinking there was?

and no, im not thinking of Zaldon.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-11-19 01:29:09  
Well i looked but this is all i could find (quoted from ffxiclopedia)
"Most types of unstackable fish will have a tag in its item description, similar to signed items made by HQ crystals, indicating the fish's size in ilms (Im) and weight in ponzes (Pz). These statistics are utilized in Fish Ranking contests. They do not affect the item's performance during synthesis, when eaten as food, or used in any other such manner."
-Edit-
Not sure if it really helps you out but thats the only thing i could find that could be used to determine the fishes weight and stuff.
 Cerberus.Elgato
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-11-19 06:12:58  
You're probably thinking of Chenon and the Fish Ranking competition. She's right inside the door at the Selbina Fishing Guild. Fish ranking is a contest every 2 RL weeks, with gil and a double skillup ring as the reward. More info can be found here:

Chenondiary
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-19 14:51:24  
you can see the weights on the window when you catch them if they're large/unstackable
 Leviathan.Mazinkaiser
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Maz76
By Leviathan.Mazinkaiser 2010-11-20 23:11:25  
I appreciate everyones response, but im aware of all said. For some reason I remember seeing or hearing of an NPC that will etch, if you will, the weight and length of which ever fish you traded. More so for the fish you buy from the guild and didnt come with its proper weight and length stats that should have stats on them.

Like i said, I may be dreaming or was something that one was able to do a while ago. I was on a three year break from game, so it maybe that was changed or my mind is just playing tricks on me.

Thank you for the responses though.