Victory Square Scale Model - South San D'Oria

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Fan-Art » Victory Square Scale model - South San d'Oria
Victory Square Scale model - South San d'Oria
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-24 15:11:13  
Asura.Warpy said:
Hello guys 'n gals.. first of all can I just say how gobsmacked I am at some of the comments I've read not only in the last few days but the last 80 days. Alot of ppl have asked me why I built this.. I simply don't know what triggered it. Unfortunately I couldn't make any of the NPC's standing around cuz they're just too small on this scale. During the first weeks I was playing with the idea of doing the sandy S version but decided to go with present.. althought neither versions have a portcullis on the main archway I thought that wud be a nice touch. I'm known for my patience in my LS so this thing was no problem lol. As for other projects, yes I will be doing more but not before Xmas. I've already scouted Basty and Windy.. even Jeuno. Whitegate is a no go area lol. One thing i'm really interested in doing is a model airship and was thinking of somehow asking SE for plans but see how things go. Again, I wanna say ty all for your comments! {Thank You}

I'd be willing to bet if you sent photos of this model to SE and asked for help with airship they would be "on board" (pun intended)
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-24 15:13:38  
Odin.Godofgods said:
Asura.Warpy said:
I'm known for my patience in my LS so this thing was no problem lol. As for other projects, yes I will be doing more but not before Xmas. I've already scouted Basty and Windy.. even Jeuno. Whitegate is a no go area lol. One thing i'm really interested in doing is a model airship and was thinking of somehow asking SE for plans but see how things go. Again, I wanna say ty all for your comments! {Thank You}

if your looking to test that patience.. u can always try to make sky... :D

ZOMG please make sky.....
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-24 15:13:40  
totally reminds me of the more elaborate boards people play warhammer 40k on
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-24 15:55:59  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Asura.Warpy said:
Hello guys 'n gals.. first of all can I just say how gobsmacked I am at some of the comments I've read not only in the last few days but the last 80 days. Alot of ppl have asked me why I built this.. I simply don't know what triggered it. Unfortunately I couldn't make any of the NPC's standing around cuz they're just too small on this scale. During the first weeks I was playing with the idea of doing the sandy S version but decided to go with present.. althought neither versions have a portcullis on the main archway I thought that wud be a nice touch. I'm known for my patience in my LS so this thing was no problem lol. As for other projects, yes I will be doing more but not before Xmas. I've already scouted Basty and Windy.. even Jeuno. Whitegate is a no go area lol. One thing i'm really interested in doing is a model airship and was thinking of somehow asking SE for plans but see how things go. Again, I wanna say ty all for your comments! {Thank You}

I'd be willing to bet if you sent photos of this model to SE and asked for help with airship they would be "on board" (pun intended)
Either that, or they'd send a cease and desist letter for "stealing" their concept art.

I lol'd, but it's true.
 Diabolos.Lilywolf
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Lilywolf
By Diabolos.Lilywolf 2010-11-24 15:58:43  
Would something like this help at all? It is a papercraft model of the Airship, based on the furnishing if I understand it correctly. I am thinking this is the same one that had been on ffxidats before the site closure, but I don't recall for sure. In either case, while it may not be too helpful, it may be ^^; It has the form and such for download... Idk how you did all of the planning for yours but I think this was pretty much taken from the .dat and extrapolated to be usable from a 2D surface (in this case, paper!) assuming of course this is the same one as I'd once seen before.

FFXI Miniature Airship paper model
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-11-24 16:01:14  
Beautiful work!
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-24 16:37:23  
If you do Bastok, it has to be Markets and the fountain has to be a real working fountain! HAS TO!
Good work.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-11-24 16:48:05  
You could make it Dynamis-Sandy after a wipe then everyone would just be laying down. That'd solve the standing up problem. lol

Seriously though, freaking amazing. The music was such a nice touch.
 Unicorn.Emirii
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-11-24 17:14:32  
This is so nice. Truely perfect!
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-11-24 17:15:54  
this really kicked ***, watched the video and really have been impressed. a great choice of a model to make, and amazingly done for sure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-24 18:12:02  
amazing master piece!
 Alexander.Cleer
サーバ: Alexander
user: Cleer
By Alexander.Cleer 2010-11-24 18:39:52  
That is increadable! I bet you could make the entire FFXI world if you wanted. Of course that would take a lot of time and a good bit of money for suplies. You're workmanship is absolutly increadable.
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-11-24 19:16:04  
That is amazing man!
 Diabolos.Ariane
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-11-24 19:38:32  
That is amazingly impressive.

Although I now call Bastok my home, I started FFXI in San d'Oria. When the Sandy music started playing it made me quite nostalgic. Well done!
 Alexander.Hecht
サーバ: Alexander
user: Akbar
By Alexander.Hecht 2010-11-24 20:32:32  
i feel inspired.
[+]
 Sylph.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-11-24 20:49:39  
Almost felt as if I were walking through Sandy in the end! Great job.
By ryujinsephy 2010-11-24 22:05:40  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Be honest, how many of you want this so you can stage legomen battles with it?

I can just see all the D&D ppl drooling about having this to play with, lol.

Great Job! ^^
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-24 22:25:31  
Amazing. That's the only thing I can say. WOW
 Asura.Warpy
user: Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2010-11-25 11:30:22  
Diabolos.Lilywolf said:
Would something like this help at all? It is a papercraft model of the Airship, based on the furnishing if I understand it correctly. I am thinking this is the same one that had been on ffxidats before the site closure, but I don't recall for sure. In either case, while it may not be too helpful, it may be ^^; It has the form and such for download... Idk how you did all of the planning for yours but I think this was pretty much taken from the .dat and extrapolated to be usable from a 2D surface (in this case, paper!) assuming of course this is the same one as I'd once seen before.

FFXI Miniature Airship paper model
Cool, that's a pretty neat paper airship.
I'm sure I'd manage with most of the planning from within the game but a birdseye view would make things a lil easier seeing there is no 'map' while riding the airship other than the route it takes. As for the sandy model I decided to scale the entire thing from the square paving stones on the ground 15mm X 15mm and using the lines on the floor as reference for alot of the surrounding walls and other things such as the tents, trees, width of the choco tunnels etc. The height of all the structures was pure guess work so using the scale of the pavings I worked out the height of the stones in the main walls as 8mm and the AH stones 6mm (yes they are different). On an interesting side note I'd like to point out the carved statues on the archwway are not mirror images of each other in South Sandy.. as they are in North Sandy.
Thanks for the link to that airship :)
 Asura.Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2010-11-27 12:59:40  
Question: Windy Woods or Windy Walls?, I can't make my mind up but Walls would be a massive undertaking. I'll go along with the most votes. plz msg me with walls or woods.
 Phoenix.Tunafests
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tunafests
By Phoenix.Tunafests 2010-11-27 13:04:47  
Asura.Warpy said:
Question: Windy Woods or Windy Walls?, I can't make my mind up but Walls would be a massive undertaking. I'll go along with the most votes. plz msg me with walls or woods.

Heaven's Tower would be so sick, you have to do it!

Either one will be great, I'm sure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-27 13:11:59  
Asura.Warpy said:
Walls, it could be a dynamis theme. :D
then bastok mines!! ho ho ho!

Great job btw man, even my wife who doesn't like FFXI. Knows what sandy south looks like, and she was incredibly impressed, and liked it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-11-27 13:14:17  
Just amazing, I'm sure either of those you will do a superb job on, can't wait to see next one!
[+]
 Valefor.Kyli
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kyli
By Valefor.Kyli 2010-11-27 13:20:01  
All I can say is wow! This is so amazing, and yeah... when the Sandy music came on I felt so nostalgic!

On a side note... my ls used to be called Bloodlines a long time ago and we used to have an officer named Zephriel! Just an amusing coincidence :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-27 13:21:37  
This deserves some official recognition from SE.
Amazing job man, truly impressive and timeless.
[+]
 Asura.Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2010-11-27 13:28:07  
Valefor.Kyli said:
All I can say is wow! This is so amazing, and yeah... when the Sandy music came on I felt so nostalgic!

On a side note... my ls used to be called Bloodlines a long time ago and we used to have an officer named Zephriel! Just an amusing coincidence :)
omg.. lol that's almost creepy
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-27 13:31:52  
...Truly a masterpiece Warpy. I'm very impressed, good job!
[+]
 Asura.Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2010-11-27 13:31:55  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
hmm, that would scare me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-27 14:12:31  
Asura.Warpy said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
hmm, that would scare me.

Could be good or bad, but in the sense of being part of their artwork contests and getting free prizes, it can't be that bad.
Most ***-ups from SE tend to be related to their games.
[+]