Attention: For Anyone Who Uses Facebook O.o

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Attention: for anyone who uses Facebook o.o
Attention: for anyone who uses Facebook o.o
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-16 17:45:34  
Saiya said:
anything Microsoft ever..).

Lol'd, very true :P But you mis-spelt Microshit.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-16 17:45:56  
idk if i put anything on facebook that would be of any use to them lol are they looking to take ppl's ideas or something?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-16 17:47:39  
;; How did I manage that? I swear I clicked your "Quote" button... Oh well... So long as the point stands =)
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-16 18:15:35  
Bartimaeus said:
It's always scary to read the ToS of a lot of things we take for granted (Facebook, anything Microsoft ever..).

I read one once, and they said something about "Acts of God"--I'm like, "WAIT WUT? They're not atheists!" :D
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 07:38:20  
Just logged on Facebook and here is the update, they had news up:

Terms of Use Update
Close

Over the past few days, we have received a lot of feedback about the new terms we posted two weeks ago. Because of this response, we have decided to return to our previous Terms of Use while we resolve the issues that people have raised. For more information, visit the Facebook Blog.

If you want to share your thoughts on what should be in the new terms, check out our group Facebook Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-18 07:42:17  
Nowai O_O interesting that they would actually pay attention and rescind the changes. Even more gratifying that the general outcry from various sources on the web *preens* may have elicited this reversion XD. Go teh internetz!
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-18 09:04:54  
They prolly did cause several facebook alternative exists :) So yeah they better listen to their users or they'll simply move on to another community :D

Still a good thing yeah :)

Quote:
It's always scary to read the ToS of a lot of things we take for granted (Facebook, anything Microsoft ever..).

Microsoft are the worst I think. Remember when Bill Gates said in 1981 "640K ought to be enough for anybody".

640KB ain't even enough to load the current Microsoft EULA now lol...

Quote:
Please... Google is not the Internet. There are other search engines,

This proves that you never ran a website for a living :) 30 minutes of Google downtime would already hurts my wallet. 1 day of downtime would be critical. When you have 100K visitors day redirected by Google to your website, believe me, Google's the internet for you.

Other search engine ? They have a shitty market share in most of Europe / US. Only Asia don't use Google a lot.

Quote:
Linux *can* be complicated, and the DIY nature inherent to most *nix setups can drive even the savvy away at times.

Just like Windows *can* be complicated and ? This is completely irrelevant. Linux is as simple as Windows if you want it to be that way.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-18 09:20:31  
Not sure if this has anything to do with this , they did say that Mark Zuckerberg was changing the EULA to facebook, so now it dhould make every feel at ease.

If i'm wrong.. please let me know. I'm posting the link now...

"Facebook cancels recent changes to terms of use"
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc/home/contentposting.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V3&showbyline=True&date=true&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20090218%2ffacebook_changes_090218
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-02-18 09:51:32  
Antipika said:
This proves that you never ran a website for a living :) 30 minutes of Google downtime would already hurts my wallet. 1 day of downtime would be critical. When you have 100K visitors day redirected by Google to your website, believe me, Google's the internet for you.

Other search engine ? They have a shitty market share in most of Europe / US. Only Asia don't use Google a lot.

Indeed, I've never run a website, so my view of what constitutes the Internet is not influenced by a business perspective. I see where you're coming from, though. And I agree about market share, I was just making the point from my perspective, which is, as I said, far removed from your own.

Quote:
Just like Windows *can* be complicated and ? This is completely irrelevant. Linux is as simple as Windows if you want it to be that way.

Point conceded :)
Back to the original topic, I'm glad they're reverting the ToS.
 Sylph.Tebian
サーバ: Sylph
user: tebian
By Sylph.Tebian 2009-02-20 10:00:08  
Never read that stuff guys, it means they can say what they want and you do what you want and if one of you gets pissed off then you fight...

------------------

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Final-Fantasy-Radio/49319742125
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 12:40:38  
You guys saw that FB blinked right? They rolled back to the old ToS...
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-20 14:33:13  
Malekith said:
You guys saw that FB blinked right? They rolled back to the old ToS...

It's like 5 posts above :p